PDA

View Full Version : Oh, those shapeshifting reptilians...

toothdust
2008-Dec-26, 05:42 AM
So a new guy started working where I work, and after having some fun astronomy and science talk, he told me his favorite author is David Icke. Yes, I know.

He also then informed me that he thinks the world is ruled by shapeshifting reptilians who pose as the "elites" of the world trying to control us and keep us from realizing our true potential.

Plus, he saw a video of a Fox news reporter "shapeshifting" on YouTube, and that I should look it up if I wanted to know "the truth".

He is a nice guy, but he isn't responding to my gentle persuasions that perhaps he should be a little (more like a LOT) more skeptical of stories like these. I don't want to be a jerk, so instead of telling him he is flat out wrong, I ask him questions that when he hears himself answering will hopefully see how folly they sound.

I try and get him off that topic, but he keeps bringing it up. He is also going around telling everyone who works there about these reptilian overlords, and I can tell it is making people uncomfortable.

Any ideas on how I should proceed?

gzhpcu
2008-Dec-26, 07:09 AM
Either there is hope for him, or there isn't.

You might try taking a hard line with him and see how he reacts. If then he really insists on believing that Icke nonsense, then I do not think there is much you can do.

Chunky
2008-Dec-26, 07:26 AM
he got on the happy train one too many times

Neverfly
2008-Dec-26, 08:59 AM
So a new guy started working where I work, and after having some fun astronomy and science talk, he told me his favorite author is David Icke. Yes, I know.

He also then informed me that he thinks the world is ruled by shapeshifting reptilians who pose as the "elites" of the world trying to control us and keep us from realizing our true potential.

Plus, he saw a video of a Fox news reporter "shapeshifting" on YouTube, and that I should look it up if I wanted to know "the truth".

He is a nice guy, but he isn't responding to my gentle persuasions that perhaps he should be a little (more like a LOT) more skeptical of stories like these. I don't want to be a jerk, so instead of telling him he is flat out wrong, I ask him questions that when he hears himself answering will hopefully see how folly they sound.

I try and get him off that topic, but he keeps bringing it up. He is also going around telling everyone who works there about these reptilian overlords, and I can tell it is making people uncomfortable.

I met a couple here many years ago. Young man and a woman...
They were an odd couple because even though they were in their early twenties... They were "married" (Unconventionally and not legally) within their belief system as Sole Life Mates.

What is so odd about that?

Well, the reason they were Life Mates was because they were dragons in human form.

It's true...

Or at least they claimed it was.

One night, they took several of us on an enchanted hike at which the end of, they attempted to Summon Morkeleb the Black or something. Supposedly, he could liberate them from their human forms that they might be full dragons...
Well in spite of much use of Crystals etc- nothing at all happened.
But they cheerfully explained that it just was not Morkeleb's will at this time.

Just smile and nod.

I lost track of that young couple. Maybe they are still together.
Maybe they are not. Maybe one dumped the other for a handsomer dragon. Which would be interesting... Because that was the entire point of their relationship: They were spiritually bound because they're dragons and could never separate or they would die.

In the back of my mind, I figured that they HAD to be well aware that they were escaping reality. Had to know that they were not truly dragons. No matter how much they tried convincing themselves that they were.. They just had to know they were not.
I'm not sure- I just cannot see how they couldn't.

Abbadon_2008
2008-Dec-26, 06:09 PM
The shapeshifting reptilian invaders are, indeed. real.
They live among us already. I recall the documentary called 'V', which blew the lid off ther insipid, hideous plans.
But it was too little, too late. Their agents within the mass media reworked the documentary into a 'scifi miniseries' which ultimately discredited the claims of the original film, and reduced ir to a campy primetime program.

Gillianren
2008-Dec-26, 06:17 PM
What you should do depends largely, I think, on how much of a nuisance the guy is. If he's really being a pain at work, you should talk to a superior. It may seem harsh, but if the guy can't shut up about it, he's not doing a proper job at work, because he's distracted. Talk to your supervisor, is my advice. Now, it's possible that the supervisor may then be seen as a reptilian by this guy; if that's true, he's got bigger troubles.

Disinfo Agent
2008-Dec-26, 06:40 PM
Are you sure he's not just pulling your leg, toothdust? That would be my first guess...

mugaliens
2008-Dec-26, 06:45 PM
You know, Nev, the more I read of events such as the one you just related to me, the more I'm convinced that we humans sprang from a very, very bad mutation which causes partial insanity with resultant paranoia and hypercompetitiveness, but with the very unlikely side effect that this mutation makes us far exceed our natural environment and other species, as we became our own worst enemies, rather than shelter, water, food, and a quickie in some thicket.

Only now, instead of imagining the satanic worst in others, we imagine shapeshifting reptilians, which, if it weren't for the fact they really existed:wall:, I'd long ago have begun walking down mainstreat with a Nerfballs cannon, conducting target practice on anyone who failed to make sense.

Neverfly
2008-Dec-26, 09:31 PM
I'd long ago have begun walking down mainstreat with a Nerfballs cannon, conducting target practice on anyone who failed to make sense.

These days it seems fashionable to not make sense.

It's all about being "Open Minded" and having "Alternative views."

chrissy
2008-Dec-26, 10:37 PM

The guy might be under a lot of stress and it is his way coping with it!!!

The Backroad Astronomer
2008-Dec-26, 10:40 PM
Better then going postal.

The Backroad Astronomer
2008-Dec-26, 10:42 PM
My way of dealing with stress is throwing stuff.

mugaliens
2008-Dec-26, 10:44 PM
These days it seems fashionable to not make sense.

It's all about being "Open Minded" and having "Alternative views."

I've noticed a surprising number of the y-ers pride themselves, and others, on not knowing answers to various problems:

"I don't know! That's like, so beyond me, you know?"

:wall:

That's annoying, particularly when it's merely their job. Personally, I'd like to reward such lackluster attitude with a one-way ticket home. Unfortunately, I'm not in that part of the business, so...

chrissy
2008-Dec-26, 11:05 PM
My way of dealing with stress is throwing stuff.

People deal with stress in different ways.... so are you a good shot? :whistle:

mahesh
2008-Dec-26, 11:11 PM
....Talk to your supervisor, is my advice. Now, it's possible that the supervisor may then be seen as a reptilian by this guy; if that's true, he's got bigger troubles.

:D :D Oh Gillian.....i can hardly sit up straight at the keyboard to type this...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY!

Thanks for the most acute observation, i've heard in a long long time.

A very Happy / Merry Christmas to you and yours.

i am nearly on the floor! :D thanks......

Flynn, my baby, with his toothy grin (!), was telling me about this a while back...so we went and captured one, on a bike. you can see her/him/it, at my album! it's with the BAUT squirrel

so toothdust...you got to feed this guy some soda bread. that might calm him down a bit...perhaps give some to your supervisor too...he might not show his true colours, Dr Dick Solomon has many disguises...

Neverfly
2008-Dec-26, 11:46 PM
:D :D Oh Gillian.....i can hardly sit up straight at the keyboard to type this...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY!

Thanks for the most acute observation, i've heard in a long long time.

A very Happy / Merry Christmas to you and yours.

i am nearly on the floor! :D thanks......

When I read that post, I was not certain if Gillianren was serious or not.

Because, although it IS funny... She's absolutely right. It's perfectly possible that the supe will become the "enemy" to his eyes.

cosmocrazy
2008-Dec-27, 12:02 AM
The funny thing is my ex says i'm an alien, cause she says "theres no way on earth you can be human!" . Mind you her body did react badly while pregnant with my son! :)

eric_marsh
2008-Dec-27, 01:06 AM
This is a little out of date, but yes it could be argued that some of these guys might be reptilians.....

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/exposing_reptilians.htm

Gillianren
2008-Dec-27, 02:26 AM
When I read that post, I was not certain if Gillianren was serious or not.

Because, although it IS funny... She's absolutely right. It's perfectly possible that the supe will become the "enemy" to his eyes.

Oh, Gillian was very serious. Yet still being a bit silly. It's a knack.

The thing is, there are several possibilities here, and the reaction to the situation should depend on which seems most likely. The first is that the guy is kidding. The proper response there is an eyeroll, a "whatever," and ignoring. The second possibility is that the guy's just really susceptible to new ideas. The proper response there is gentle education. The third possibility is that the guy's nuts, and I don't think it's a severe enough nuts to have anything be done about it. (I'm missing some, but that's the basics.) In any case, if the situation is disruptive, it's the supervisor's job to handle it. If it's just kind of annoying, a "would you please stop talking about that?" might be sufficient.

gzhpcu
2008-Dec-27, 06:37 AM
From what toothdust said, I don't think the guy is kidding. He must be a wacko, and I'd suggest avoiding him like the plague.

Wina
2008-Dec-27, 07:05 AM
Bah!

The question boils down to whether or not you like the guy enough to care what happens to him. If you're worried about him on a personal level then I would suggest you leave him completely alone. Somewhere down the line he'll get such a reality "smack to the face" that he'll have to wake up and in the end "grow up".

Beliefs in conspiracy theories come across as a pointed measure of retaining adolescence. A childish insecurity that "because everything's not the way I want it everyone has a hidden agenda and I'm not cool enough to be part of it".

Some people who start out that way never get over it and those people usually wind up either "That funky guy who's really nice but a total whack job... he's kind of fun to get drunk at parties and listen to his insanity." or "Patient number 389762 in the East Wing. We had to restrain him because he uses his food trays as a shield against the "galactic rays" coming through the ceiling which apparently are being used to slowly fry his brain so we'll be able to eat it later".

So, on the converse, if you don't care too much about this guy... distance yourself asap and watch from afar because the likelihood is, if this guy's over the age of his mid-twenties and he's still stuck on belief systems like this... he's probably going to wind up a vital member of the local scientology community with a gold-card for psychic readings and a nail file always hidden in his coat pocket in case the parasitic macroscopic space amoebas from the planet Keltinor invade.

Good luck!

eric_marsh
2008-Dec-27, 01:58 PM
Actually I know a guy who believes the lizard stuff himself. That's why I was able to come up with the link I posted - I'd already looked at it.

In my case I simply avoided the subject with him. I't pretty much the same to me as discussing religion with someone who is a strong believer.

Salty
2008-Dec-28, 09:15 AM
I've heard about the reptilians and their shape shifting on Coast to Coast AM, a midnight radio talk show.

I just blow it off. This guy mentioned by Toothdust evidently didn't. I'd tell him he's entitled to his opinion, but I was tired of him talking about it all the time. Maybe Gillianren's idea is best, 'though. Maybe give your supervisor the dirty of job of risking your coworker's offense of being told to can it.

KaiYeves
2008-Dec-30, 12:14 AM
Rats, I thought this thread was about the Skrulls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrull)!

Nick Theodorakis
2008-Dec-30, 12:22 AM
There are people who also believe they are a number of different things: elves, vampires, werewolves, (google for "otherkin" if you dare) and even some who believe that they have the soul of a fictional (often an anime or manga) character.

Nick

toothdust
2008-Dec-30, 07:41 PM
This guy is totally serious. No doubt about it.

Basically I have been giving him the eyeroll. I told him "Listen: I am prepared to accept something as wild as that, but you have to show me evidence. Not a YouTube video. Not Illuminati conspiracy theory. Evidence."

That kinda quieted him up a bit, but I still hear him ramblingo n about it to others.

He is a nice guy, and from those of you whok now me from here, I have talked about how I myself used to be a little too far down the rabbit hole when it comes to conspiracies and such, but I got over it. What it boiled down to was growing up, and leaving behind the silly concept of "something/somebody must be in control". He must not have reached that phase yet.

I will continue to work on him.

Disinfo Agent
2008-Dec-30, 08:06 PM
If he's a nice guy and you want to remain his friend, it might be prudent to establish a kind of "truce": you will not try to convert him, as long as he doesn't annoy you with those far-flung theories. If he still wants you to discuss the theories with him, then warn him that you will demand evidence, and that you will judge the evidence stringently.

Click Ticker
2008-Dec-30, 08:32 PM
Getting daily updates on those wacky ideas could be kind of fun. It's not like you're at risk of getting converted. Just enjoy it for entertainment value. You should get a list from him telling us who is a reptile shape shifter and who isn't, then post it here.

Wina
2008-Dec-31, 06:20 AM
You'd have my subscription (to that list)

I wouldn't be surprised if I'M on it.... though I'm certainly not important enough.
(eats a bowl of recently steamed flies)...

jfribrg
2008-Dec-31, 01:24 PM
I for one welcome our Reptilian Overlords.

Wina
2008-Dec-31, 08:41 PM
Then kneel and accept your new masters Jfribrg!!! You may begin your servitude by rebuilding my mansion in the Alps with fourteen bedrooms (all decorated exactly the same way) and at least three greenhouses with NO plants.... I need perfect illumination from the sun in each!!!

Snappy, CHOP CHOP!

:)

mahesh
2008-Dec-31, 09:13 PM
This is a little out of date, but yes it could be argued that some of these guys might be reptilians.....
...thewatcherfiles.com/exposing_reptilians... (http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/exposing_reptilians.htm)

i thought they were watcherflies! after Wina's enthusiastic slurp at his bowl....

got one here for you Wina...
http://www.bautforum.com/album.php?albumid=10&pictureid=425

fondue cheese and chocolate. you'll have to watch him!

mahesh
2008-Dec-31, 09:44 PM
toothdust, your OP reminds me of this film, it's name has been eluding me, where the pretty lady travels by train. except she is not that pretty in her true colours and not very nice things happen to anybody who crosses her path on the wrong side...

so be very (vibratto) careful....

cosmocrazy
2008-Dec-31, 10:08 PM
The Reptilians are not a nice race, i saw that they tried to annihilate the earth! The Guardians convinced them to do it!

It was on that documentary series called.. ermmm.... "Enterprise"!

I only jest Toothdust, but some people can be very serious about such things, caution is what i would advise.

Wina
2009-Jan-02, 06:14 AM
Bah!

Mahesh, that was an imposter attempting to discredit the reality of our existence!!! Some whack job from the pentagon must have caught someone's attention... (grumble, gripe, grumble, gripe)

deltat
2009-May-14, 05:56 PM
Icke is not ridiculous for no good reason. As any propagandist, he intends to discredit what is factual. There must be a species present on Earth that, uncloaked, looks reptilian indeed.

[link removed] — deltat, do not promote CT or ATM theories outside of their respective fora.

Gillianren
2009-May-14, 07:25 PM
There must be a species present on Earth that, uncloaked, looks reptilian indeed.

Must?

novaderrik
2009-May-14, 07:31 PM
Must?
yeah, because he said so..

PraedSt
2009-May-14, 07:47 PM
There must be a species present on Earth that, uncloaked, looks reptilian indeed.
Hundreds I should think. Here's one:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3112/crocodileb.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crocodileb.jpg)

Swift
2009-May-14, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry PraedSt, but that's a croc. :p

:D

Salty
2009-May-15, 08:44 PM
While in grade and junior high schools, a lot of us enjoyed the little horned toads as our favorite reptilian. They were common and easy to catch. Now, you don't see one except in a museum. See what all you anti-reptilian skeptics have done? You've chased off our horned toads. Shame! Shame!
P.S. Thank all you skeptics for saving us from the Reptilian Conspiracy. It was scarey there, for awhile. But, thanks to skepticism, the Reptilians have been repelled.