PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolution

cosmocrazy
2008-Dec-31, 10:38 PM
Post your resolutions here.

I have decided to be stronger willed this new year and on!

PetersCreek
2008-Dec-31, 10:44 PM
My resolution is the same one I've made for many years prior...to stop procrastinating. Maybe I'll finally get around to keeping this one.

mahesh
2008-Dec-31, 10:48 PM
Mine are 'be nice' and 'walk on the sunny side of street' !

cosmocrazy
2008-Dec-31, 10:53 PM
Mine are 'be nice' and 'walk on the sunny side of street' !

well mahesh you are already nice, so i guess all you need to do is walk on the sunny side! :)

Buttercup
2008-Dec-31, 10:57 PM
I won't say, because secrecy is the power to holding true to resolutions. :)

cosmocrazy
2008-Dec-31, 11:02 PM
I won't say, because secrecy is the power to holding true to resolutions. :)

aye, but if you tell, people can check to see if you are staying true!

I stayed true to mine all last year and had one of the worst years of my life...:(

Zachary
2008-Dec-31, 11:35 PM
Destroy the world!!! Bwahahahaha. I'm going to CERN in 2009 so this year I might finally get my chance :D

sohh_fly
2009-Jan-01, 01:01 AM
for 1 year and 1 year only and thats to shake hands with E.T. thru the hatch.

KaiYeves
2009-Jan-01, 03:15 AM
I'm going to try to be more involved with volunteering and such.

Last year, I resolved to be more assertive and my therapist says I did a good job!

eric_marsh
2009-Jan-01, 06:35 AM
Half an hour two to three days a week in the gym. A 2 1/2 mile walk the other days.

Euniculus
2009-Jan-01, 03:18 PM
My resolution is to not make any resolutions.

tommac
2009-Jan-01, 04:22 PM
I would like to pack lunch and read a few books about physics

Swift
2009-Jan-01, 05:00 PM
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I find that promising those life-style changes on the first of the year doesn't make them any more likely to happen. If I decide to do something, I try to do it, whether it is January 1 or July 16. I can't say that always works, but it works just as well as New Year's day.

closetgeek
2009-Jan-01, 07:54 PM
My New Years resolution is not to set myself up for disappointment by making resolutions. Basically, I agree with Swift.

Ara Pacis
2009-Jan-01, 08:15 PM
To be assertive enough to afford a therapist.

Defiant
2009-Jan-01, 08:44 PM
I would like to get off the lazy wagon and find a job http://photosnag.com/img/1856/u09i0101zeui/smile.gif

Gillianren
2009-Jan-01, 09:02 PM
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I find that promising those life-style changes on the first of the year doesn't make them any more likely to happen. If I decide to do something, I try to do it, whether it is January 1 or July 16. I can't say that always works, but it works just as well as New Year's day.

Studies--I don't remember where I read this, unfortunately--have shown that you're right. In fact, people are less likely to keep New Year's resolutions, because there's so much pressure to keep them that a little backsliding, as is natural, can make people give up entirely out of frustration.

pzkpfw
2009-Jan-01, 09:38 PM
1680 x 1050 x 32 bpp

Swift
2009-Jan-01, 09:51 PM
Studies--I don't remember where I read this, unfortunately--have shown that you're right. In fact, people are less likely to keep New Year's resolutions, because there's so much pressure to keep them that a little backsliding, as is natural, can make people give up entirely out of frustration.
I go to the gym year round. But it is funny to note how much more crowded it is in January - all those resolutions to get in shape. It will stay that way till early spring. Some of those people no longer going to the gym are doing warm weather sports and will back in fall. But many of them never return (or at least not till next January).

Seeka
2009-Jan-01, 10:00 PM
I usually keep quiet about my resolutions and still fail to keep them so this year ill say it aloud! Gym 3 times a week, have the balls to Compete in show jumping, increase my astronomy knowledge 10 fold and get promoted at work.
Easy!:lol:

cosmocrazy
2009-Jan-01, 10:22 PM
I usually keep quiet about my resolutions and still fail to keep them so this year ill say it aloud! Gym 3 times a week, have the balls to Compete in show jumping, increase my astronomy knowledge 10 fold and get promoted at work.
Easy!:lol:

Set yourself an easy target why don't ya! :lol:

Most people set them selves to hard a target and in doing so give up too easily. Personally i just make a resolution thats achievable and that changes my life style slightly, hopefully for the better! I stuck 100% with my resolution last year and it turned out to be a negative change, but i'm not giving up and will stick with this year's one. I even applied it today and had a positive result! :)

Stick at it though best you can!

Good luck, and i hope you make it! :)

Seeka
2009-Jan-01, 10:31 PM
Cheers Cosmocrazy:)
Ill be happy if i get to the gym more and enter even one show jumping competition and im learning loads here so my resolutions aren't too unattainable:)
Good luck with yours too!

Gemini
2009-Jan-01, 10:53 PM
not slack off in college!

Whirlpool
2009-Jan-02, 04:44 AM
Save!Save!Save!

jrkeller
2009-Jan-02, 04:55 AM
I'll make the same one I usually do and that's to loose weight. Last year I lost 15 lbs, though I was shooting for 25lbs. So I'll try for 30lbs this year.

Neverfly
2009-Jan-02, 05:22 AM
I'll make the same one I usually do and that's to loose weight. Last year I lost 15 lbs, though I was shooting for 25lbs. So I'll try for 30lbs this year.

Same here. My resolution is to lose 140 pounds.

Salty
2009-Jan-02, 09:05 AM
Back in 1968, I made the same resolution thatEuniculus made, this year.

I go along with Swift and closetgeek.

However, in the '80's, I did determine to make no more promises than I could keep, and to keep the few promises I might make. Over the years, that has spared me much grief and frustration.

Susannah Dingley
2009-Jan-02, 06:03 PM
Save!Save!Save!
Same here. Over the past few months I have spending too much money and this is burning too many holes in my pocket. So in 2009, I intend to start saving a little for a rainy day.

Fazor
2009-Jan-02, 06:10 PM
1680 x 1050 x 32 bpp
Man, I can't believe I didn't think of saying that first! :) Kudos.

No resolutions for me either.

Argos
2009-Jan-02, 06:19 PM
No resolutions for me. Dance according to the music, live one day at a time.

Fazor
2009-Jan-02, 06:26 PM
Dance according to the music
What do you do if you're like me, and have the same "dance" regardless of the music? Although, it'd be more like "Move around awkwardly, regardless of the music."

cosmocrazy
2009-Jan-02, 06:35 PM
Dance with no co-ordination to the music is more like it for me!