PDA

View Full Version : Map of the new forum organization

ToSeek
2009-Jan-19, 03:51 AM
Most of the changes have been moves, at most, but here are the cases where I know there were remappings:

"About BAUT" has been upgraded from a forum to a category and split in two. "Axioms and Postulates" (name change imminent since this seems unpopular) contains official stuff, while "Discussions" (probably a name change coming there, too) contains everything else that used to be there.

The "Space and Astronomy" category has been retitled "Science and Space," while the "General Science" forum has been renamed "Science and Technology."

Meanwhile, "Against the Mainstream" and "Conspiracy Theories" have been moved from "Space and Astronomy" into their own category, "The Proving Grounds."

The "General" category has been renamed "General Interest", with "About BAUT" and "Q&A" moved elsewhere, and "Small Media at Large" moved in.

"Questions and Answers" has been renamed "Space/Astronomy Questions and Answers" and moved to the "Science and Space" category, but its purpose and content are unchanged.

The biggest change is probably to "Small Media at Large", which has been moved from "Space and Astronomy" to "General Interest." Formerly, there was an unofficial, pragmatic division of non-science/sf media in "Off-Topic Babbling" and science/sf media in "Small Media at Large." Now, all media discussions go in "Small Media at Large" except for examples of Bad Astronomy, which go in the revived "Bad Astronomy in the Media" forum, which we had in the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board days but folded into SML with the merger.

I think that covers it. If there are any omissions or confusions, let me know.

Whirlpool
2009-Jan-19, 04:19 AM
So Far ... it's Neat !

Good Work Guys !

:clap:

Tensor
2009-Jan-19, 07:45 PM
..."About BAUT" has been upgraded from a forum to a category and split in two. "Axioms and Postulates" (name change imminent since this seems unpopular) contains official stuff, ...

Actually, I kinda like that one.

ToSeek
2009-Jan-19, 08:14 PM
Actually, I kinda like that one.

That makes two of us.

Tensor
2009-Jan-19, 08:26 PM
That makes two of us.

Oh well...... :(

Swift
2009-Jan-19, 08:36 PM
I suppose that this map (http://www.dailygalaxy.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/21/milky_way_you_are_here.jpg) is relevant, but not quite as helpful. ;)

BetaDust
2009-Jan-19, 09:34 PM
"Forum Rules, FAQs, and Information"... Yeah, that sounds beter.

IMHO of course.

Whirlpool
2009-Jan-21, 04:24 AM
I kinda like the "Axioms and Postulates" originally.

ToSeek
2009-Jan-21, 05:00 AM
I kinda like the "Axioms and Postulates" originally.

Okay, we're up to 4.5 in favor. It's a groundswell!

mahesh
2009-Jan-21, 09:32 AM
Nice and preppy, Ivy League-wise!
Axioms & Postulates!...nice tinkle!

NEOWatcher
2009-Jan-21, 01:15 PM
As far as the title goes, I really don't care what it says.
But; I do have a strong feeling that the decision should be what is clear to the newcomer and not by the "cuteness" opinions of the members.

mahesh
2009-Jan-21, 05:11 PM
just 'jollying along' conversation, NEO...and you've got 'acute' observation too! :D

mugaliens
2009-Mar-08, 10:13 AM
Well, if it must be clear to the newcomers... "This and that" will do as well as anyone else.

Seriously - I think most "newcomers" are those who're interested in astronomy, not those who're experts at it. Or in science. Or in philosophy.

matthewota
2009-Jul-14, 03:22 AM
I will have to pay attention where I post now.

mugaliens
2010-Mar-23, 07:19 AM
Didn't we always?

Nowhere Man
2010-Mar-23, 01:54 PM
Apparently not. Minor thread necromancy alert -- 8 months.

Fred

mugaliens
2010-Mar-25, 08:54 AM
Apparently not. Minor thread necromancy alert -- 8 months.

Fred

Oh, hey! Thanks! My bad...

ETA: Searching for "necromancy" in the rules... "No matches found."

So... What? Have fun, get on with life - it's better than starting a new thread, same as the old thread, which actually is considered inappropriate throughout the message forum community.