PDA

View Full Version : Happy Australia Day!

matt.o
2009-Jan-25, 11:23 PM
To all those Aussies on the forums!

KaiYeves
2009-Jan-27, 12:51 AM
Congrats to my mates down under!

Josh
2009-Jan-27, 01:02 AM
There's nothing more aussie than Australia Day long weekend! I spent Aussie day (yesterday, monday) at the beach with beer, a whole lot of mates and my dog. Had a bbq and played school boy bad (a frisbie drinking game).

matt.o
2009-Jan-27, 02:04 AM
I watched the cricket!

mfumbesi
2009-Jan-27, 08:57 AM
I watched the cricket!
I feel I must apologies for the way the South Africans spoiled your day.

I mean how dare they just obliterate your team.

Ronald Brak
2009-Jan-27, 09:22 AM
It's not whether you win or lose, it's having an excuse to lie motionless is what counts.

matt.o
2009-Jan-27, 10:25 AM
I feel I must apologies for the way the South Africans spoiled your day.

I mean how dare they just obliterate your team.

I'll let you have that one given the results of the previous two world cups and the previous test drubbings RSA copped from Aus.!!!

I think South Africa are the best team at the moment. Australia just lack penetration in their bowling, and RSA win all of the crucial moments in the games where things start to slip away from them.

Credit to Graeme Smith too - he's grown immensely as a captain, player and person since his last tour of Australia. He's one tough nut! Gibbs' at the moment is hitting them as well as I've seen anyone, too. Some of his shots against the extremely fast bowling of Tait et al. are just awesome!

I think RSA have Australia licked in every department at the moment!

mfumbesi
2009-Jan-27, 10:48 AM
We (South Africans) have to enjoy this moment as in the past all our national teams (Soccer, Rugby and Cricket) got their behinds handed to them whenever they played the Aussies.

matt.o
2009-Jan-27, 10:54 AM
We (South Africans) have to enjoy this moment as in the past all our national teams (Soccer, Rugby and Cricket) got their behinds handed to them whenever they played the Aussies.

You should - it's clear a lot of hard work and thinking has gone into improving the cricket. I for one am happy to hand over the mantle to RSA.

mfumbesi
2009-Jan-27, 11:41 AM
Ahh!! thanks for recognising the effort.
We now only need to work on our Football.

By the way shouldn't you be asleep (it should be ~22H00 in your woods).