PDA

View Full Version : OT: Peter Jennings Beyond Conspiracy

mcclir
2003-Nov-21, 11:58 PM
OT but did anybody watch last night the ABCNews Peter Jennings special "The Kennedy Assassination - Beyond Conspiracy"? The program did an excellent job debunking the many conspiracy theories behind the JFK assassination & pretty much ripped Oliver Stone's JFK movie. Hopefully there is no need for him to do one on the "moonhoax". He did do a special on the Apollo 1 tragedy a few years ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/jfk_conspiracy/jfk_conspiracy_index.html

Glom
2003-Nov-22, 02:29 PM
It's airing on BBCTWO (http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/programme.shtml?day=sunday&service_id=4224&filenam e=20031123/20031123_2100_4224_37988_90) on Sunday.

LawBeefaroni
2003-Nov-24, 07:52 PM
The ABC/Jennings debunking has already been "debunked" by the various JFK conspiracy factions.

Mellow
2003-Nov-26, 11:32 AM
I saw the programme in the UK on BBCTwo and thought it excellent......

I think it presented a pretty even handed case and explained well why conspiracy theories about this incident sprang up and persist even to this day.

It's interesting that historians are a little peeved that Oliver Stone's JFK is seen as a work of fact by much of the general public.

I'd be very interested to see how this debunking has already been denbunked, it didn't seem to contain anything fantastic, just simple investigation.

2003-Nov-26, 04:05 PM
Green?Grren

cjc36
2003-Dec-02, 03:38 PM
From that night's C2C show, Noory had on a JFK 'spiracy guest (no surprise there!) and he said something along the lines that the Dealey Plaza animation used on the Jennings show was based on faulty data. Thing is, if the autopsy photos were faked, and the Zapruder film also, then they got everything to line up with a perfect 'kill shot' from the book depository window at the exact time the 'grassy knoll' shooter took his shot.

Or, to put it another way, the 'conspirators' faked things that, at the time, they had no knoledge of needing to be faked, with perfect timing with a film they didn't know would exist (oh, sorry, I forgot for a moment they believe that is fake, too).

But don't try telling a pro conspiracy person that that makes little sense. Now, none of the evidence points to what human from the book depository took the shot. But the CSI stuff still indicates that all three shots came from where the Warren Commission said it did. But that's not sexy, I guess.

Joe Durnavich
2003-Dec-02, 08:15 PM
Was that conspiracy guest Jim Fetzer?

cjc36
2003-Dec-03, 09:42 AM
Can't say for sure. But whoever it was was waaaaaay pro-Conspiracy. And GN just tossed him soft balls. GN: Chief WooWoo Chearleader.

Waarthog
2003-Dec-03, 02:47 PM
Can't say for sure. But whoever it was was waaaaaay pro-Conspiracy. And GN just tossed him soft balls. GN: Chief WooWoo Chearleader.

Well, keep in mind, that IS his job. Without WooWoo, they don't have a show. Its a sad fact of life that the BA show with Phil would probably not sell quite as well as CTC, much as many of us would like to see it.

Astronot
2003-Dec-04, 12:40 AM

Well, keep in mind, that IS his job. Without WooWoo, they don't have a show. Its a sad fact of life that the BA show with Phil would probably not sell quite as well as CTC, much as many of us would like to see it.

In the words of the great social critic, Marshall McLuhan, this is because “the medium is the message.”

And if anyone figures out precisely what that quote means, please let me know.

Mellow
2003-Dec-04, 11:50 AM
sadly it makes great broadcasting,

1. Because all of us debunkers get angry and listen and want to rant and call.....

2. All the conspiracy believers listen and love it because they feel validated....

3. The floaters, think hmmmm interesting, perhaps I should rewatch JFK the movie again and see the "facts" (My sarcastic quotes added)

gethen
2003-Dec-04, 02:08 PM
And the ads at the bottom of this page are evenly divided between conspiracy and fact. I guess that reflects the country's attitude, sadly.