PDA

View Full Version : Ahh - the sweet air of reason ...

Conrad
2002-Mar-28, 06:49 AM
Just a thought, but what has become of Bill Lazar nowadays? He used to be Dish of the Day as far as conspiracy-mongers were concerned.

I don't intend to waste work's time by cruising the net looking for details about Mr Fraudulent, but! I'm sure one of *you* know the truth.

Jim
2002-Mar-28, 03:30 PM
Do you mean Bob Lazar, the Area 51 conspiracist?

He seems to have gone into seclusion. "Lazar has shown little interest in responding to UFO researchers and enthusiasts. Most mail is not answered. Mail: c/o Tri-Dot Productions, 1324 S. Eastern, Las Vegas, NV 89104"

That's from http://www.ufomind.com/area51/people/lazar/ which went inactive in 2000 but has some interesting stuff on it. It lists the "Official Bob Lazar" site http://www.banzai-net.com/tridot/s4.htm which "cannot be found".

There is another Bob Lazar site http://www.boblazar.com which is a paid membership site.

(Yes, I do not have a life.)

2002-Aug-07, 02:19 PM
<a name="20020807.6:08"> page 20020807.6:08 aka from the past
On 2002-03-28 10:30, Jim wrote: To? August 7, 2002
the first link seams to work for me
the second does not
and the third needed an access code
THAT I DO NOT HAVE { & really no interest }
the BBC said to BUY today
so that prompted this as much as anything
as things are somwhat dull for me
i've returned to dredging the "PASt" for
the less active.. Just to see .. What i see?

beskeptical
2002-Aug-08, 08:11 AM
My son and I included a visit to the 'Little Alien' near area 51 last year while seeking clear skies for the Leonids. I was surprised to find almost nothing there in the way of curious tourists and what not. I think I mentioned in an earlier post how there were only 3 other people we encountered who were interested in watching for the L. storm. And we didn't find them until the next day.

Bob Lazar couldn't keep up his charade once the real questions started. I'm not surprised he's not taking callers. But I was surprised the area 51 phenomonon had subsided.

Roswell's still a UFO gathering point. We included that place (along with Carlsbad Caverns, I do have a life, sort of) on our '99 Leonids venture. My guess is the town of Roswell is big enough that a tourist industry built around the 'UFO Museum' has thrived.

Area 51 has one little roadside inn and about 10 doublewides spread around. I think its heyday is over. Unless some new event sparks some life back into it. Naming the highway the 'ET' just wasn't enough of a draw.

The following is off topic but I like to reminisce about my little adventures. Don't read any further if you like neat and tidy threads. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BTW, we included Death Valley's famous mysteriously moving stones on last years trip. It was really cool. But alas, the mystery has been solved, (by me). The rocks are much smaller than they look in the pictures, and, it's obvious they move on a thin layer of slick mud when rain soaks the dry lake bed. The tracks made by the rocks are only possible when it's muddy. The obvious force would be wind. The best part was taking the 25 mile dirt track to get there. Adventure, just like the good ol' days. There's plenty left to find. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Conrad
2002-Aug-08, 09:02 AM
Thanks for your informative replies, folks.
By the way, Beskeptigal, what is a "doublewide"?

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Aug-08, 11:40 AM
Two mobile homes built to fit together to make one spacious home.

nebularain
2002-Aug-08, 01:54 PM
On 2002-08-08 04:11, beskeptical wrote:
My son and I included a visit to the 'Little Alien' near area 51 last year while seeking clear skies for the Leonids. I was surprised to find almost nothing there in the way of curious tourists and what not.

I saw a documentary on Area 51. It was pretty much established that there was a "secret" military base there. Was being the operative word. The base has either been shut-down or moved. So, no more military activiy, no more paranormal activity, no reason to visit the area, nothing to talk about or see. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kaptain K
2002-Aug-08, 05:55 PM
I saw a documentary on Area 51. It was pretty much established that there was a "secret" military base there. Was being the operative word. The base has either been shut-down or moved. So, no more military activiy, no more paranormal activity, no reason to visit the area, nothing to talk about or see. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif
That's what they want you to think!
:-0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaptain K on 2002-08-08 13:58 ]</font>