PDA

View Full Version : Ep. 127: The US Space Shuttle

Fraser
2009-Feb-26, 08:20 PM
You’ve heard us talk about capsules, you’ve heard us talk about space suits, well today we take a look at the only currently in use reusable space craft. It’s a not a bird, its not a plane – It’s the US Space Shuttle. And to make it interesting – we’ve sent Scott Miller, Astronomy Cast student web developer, down to watch the launch so he can bring us back us first hand story.http://feeds2.feedburner.com/~r/astronomycast/~4/s8J4rHCo9Qw

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/astronomycast/~3/s8J4rHCo9Qw/)

Ricardodaforce
2009-Feb-27, 12:43 AM
Come back Fraser, please! This show was awful. It was full of inane giggling and poor sound. It needs your control

Tzarkoth
2009-Mar-08, 08:31 AM
I actually thought Scott did a good job once he got started.

I really appreciated his enthusiasm for the topic at hand.

Kitska
2009-Mar-08, 11:52 AM
Hi All,
Scott, I thought you did a terrific job with Pamela on the Space Shuttle episode. I loved your obvious interest in and enthusiasm for the topic. Of course we miss Fraser, but I thought you filled in well.

Ricardo, do be a bit careful about throw-away comments. I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you may have hurt Scott with your comment. Obviously he has less experience reporting than Fraser, but for a first-time podcaster I thought he handled himself well.

I hope all is well with the Astronomy Cast team. Thanks for all the hard work over the past couple of years.
Kitska

Ricardodaforce
2009-Mar-08, 05:16 PM
Hi All,
Scott, I thought you did a terrific job with Pamela on the Space Shuttle episode. I loved your obvious interest in and enthusiasm for the topic. Of course we miss Fraser, but I thought you filled in well.

Ricardo, do be a bit careful about throw-away comments. I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you may have hurt Scott with your comment. Obviously he has less experience reporting than Fraser, but for a first-time podcaster I thought he handled himself well.

I hope all is well with the Astronomy Cast team. Thanks for all the hard work over the past couple of years.
Kitska

Actually my main gripe was with Pamela. I dunno why, but (IMO) she really came across badly in that episode. As I said before, very giggle. Almost to the point of unprofessionalism. If that had been the first episode of Astronomycast I had listened to, I'd not have come back for more.

Fraser
2009-Mar-09, 08:50 PM
It's funny you didn't like it, some people said it was actually one of their favorite episodes so far. I've never seen a shuttle launch live, so I just can't replicate Scott's knowledge and personal experience about it. Although... I plan to attend a launch, if I can. :-)

andyschlei
2009-Mar-10, 05:17 AM
I'll be the counter argument here. This was a fine episode. I really had the feel of being there watching the launch based on the descriptions. Yes, they did end up with only superlatives but that's the whole point! Viewing a Space Shuttle launch is an amazing experience and I got that from this episode.

As usual, good work.

--Andy