PDA

View Full Version : Game play.

Chunky
2009-Mar-07, 01:09 AM
a thread about game play! any system. Atari too..

i like zelda for 64. and Invisible war for XboX.

all of Splinter cell.

any others?

PetersCreek
2009-Mar-07, 01:46 AM
I'm not a big gamer by any definition but I've thought about getting the Playstation 3 for some idle fun and for the Blu-Ray player it sports. For now, though, I'm sticking with my PC for MS Flight Simulator X and soon, IL2 Sturmovik. I recently acquired a set of Saitek rudder pedals (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/rudder.htm) to complement my flight yoke and throttle setup (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/yoke.htm). I've got my eye on the switch panel (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/pfpanel.htm) next.

Doodler
2009-Mar-07, 07:00 PM
Neverwinter Nights 2 and EVE Online. Both PC.

Moose
2009-Mar-08, 03:31 PM
I've recently started playing Medieval 2: Total War. I've settled on Venice. Venice's unit roster is proving to fulfill or exceed every function I'm likely to use.

In the past number of months, I've played Fallout 3, Neverwinter Nights 2, Rome: Total War. Elder Scrolls Oblivion is on permanent standby as well.

nauthiz
2009-Mar-08, 04:07 PM
I've been playing a lot of interactive fiction now that I found out I can put a Z-machine on my phone.

I've been trying to make my way through the Final Fantasy III remake for my NDS, but the game is just so boring. I keep wanting another good Fallout-like game to come out.

(No, Fallout 3 doesn't do it for me.)

Moose
2009-Mar-08, 04:57 PM
(No, Fallout 3 doesn't do it for me.)

That's fine. It didn't float everybody's boat. Of course, like Oblivion, the mods go a long way to help smooth out the rough spots.

Have you tried Arcanum? It's hard to get now, but it's fallout-style Steampunk, and it's still on my RPG 'A' list.

nauthiz
2009-Mar-08, 05:05 PM
That's fine. It didn't float everybody's boat. Of course, like Oblivion, the mods go a long way to help smooth out the rough spots.

It's not really anything specific about the game, I just don't like action RPGs. I think I'm starting to develop an allergy to 3D graphics, too.

I haven't tried Arcanum, but I'll pick up a copy if I ever run across it.

pzkpfw
2009-Mar-08, 08:04 PM
Just bought an HP 1001TU.

First thing I did (after registering) was stick Civ II on it. Play that heaps. It gets equal billing to BAUT at lunch-time.

Works pretty well within the 600 vertical resolution screen - with slight fiddling. (Un-maximize the game window, manually make it the size of the screen, then shift it up so the title bar is off the top of the screen...)

jokergirl
2009-Mar-09, 12:10 PM
Used to play WoW, quit before the expansions though. Too much work.
Playing Guild Wars casually now, really on the lookout for another good timesinkMMO...

;)

gzhpcu
2009-Mar-09, 12:19 PM
Just play Need for Speed: Porsche to get it out of my system...:)

BigDon
2009-Mar-09, 03:08 PM
I prefer real time strategy games over first person shooters, except for the Halo series.

My brother set up a LAN and we played Empire Earth to death, now it's Battle For Middle Earth II and its expansion Rise of The Witch King, and for sci-fi we are playing Sins of A Solar Empire. Sins' expansion "Entrenchment" we've been playing hard for the last week. That game was a really nice find.

That game (Sins) rocks out loud in my opinion. Runs great on "less than new" PC's. Plus you can change the scale with your mouse wheel so while you are zoomed out the star ships of the different races are graphical representations but if you wish you can zoom all the way down to the level of the fight so that even the "space fighters" are visible, nicely made models going at it.

SeanF
2009-Mar-09, 04:44 PM
We've got a Wii. I like the Guitar Hero games, but lately my daughter and I have been playing a lot of Lego Star Wars. :)

cjl
2009-Mar-09, 07:51 PM
I prefer real time strategy games over first person shooters, except for the Halo series.

My brother set up a LAN and we played Empire Earth to death, now it's Battle For Middle Earth II and its expansion Rise of The Witch King, and for sci-fi we are playing Sins of A Solar Empire. Sins' expansion "Entrenchment" we've been playing hard for the last week. That game was a really nice find.

That game (Sins) rocks out loud in my opinion. Runs great on "less than new" PC's. Plus you can change the scale with your mouse wheel so while you are zoomed out the star ships of the different races are graphical representations but if you wish you can zoom all the way down to the level of the fight so that even the "space fighters" are visible, nicely made models going at it.

Sins is definitely an awesome game - I've been playing it recently, and it is awesome (though the games do take a heck of a long time).

Chunky
2009-Mar-11, 02:33 AM
Assassin Creed.

Pc.

22 inch xD

its enjoyed it so far. ive only played it for a day now. like 4 hours 0.o

good game. but they need more weapons. explosives.

----------------------------

Ninja gaiden

very best

Fazor
2009-Mar-11, 03:49 AM
I don't play many games.

...except for the 3+ hours a night I spend playing WoW. Thanks again, closetgeek.

cjl
2009-Mar-11, 07:35 AM
I've also been playing quite a bit of vehicle CTF in UT3 recently. Pulled off a hat trick tonight...