PDA

View Full Version : Something serious going on?

Topvax
2009-Mar-07, 11:57 PM
There must be something serious going on - no episode since Feb 15th and it doesn't take a voice to participate in forum by either Pamela or Fraser.:confused:

Fraser
2009-Mar-09, 05:39 AM
Hi Topvax, everything's fine. As you probably heard in the podcast, I came down with a wicked head/chest cold that made me just sound terrible. Sniff, cough, etc. Pamela did a few fill-in episodes with other people. And then about 3 weeks ago I completely lost my voice as part of the illness. I literally couldn't talk, and it didn't go away quickly. You can still hear it a bit in my voice. We've actually recorded two episodes in the last week, Dust, and an hour long questions show, but our audio editor has been bogged down in school. Oh, and Pamela's traveling in the UK right now working on a big project.

So, I'm better, and everything's fine, we just need to get the machine running on time again. :-)

Empyre
2009-Mar-10, 04:44 AM
I'm glad you're OK, and I'm looking forward to more Astronomy Cast.

Rusty57
2009-Mar-10, 12:36 PM
Is the RSS subscription link shown in the top right hand corner of the ASTRONOMY CAST home page functional?

I have not been receiving any lins to the shows via my RSS feed and when I re-enter the link shown on the home page (http://www.astronomycast.com/podcast.xml), the address cannot be found.

WayneFrancis
2009-Mar-11, 12:54 AM
Actually you should be concerned. Fraser is part of the whole scientific community conspiracy! Fake moon landings, 911, evolution and all that!

He really hasn't been sick but at a summit of the New World Order. Pamela is currently training with the NWO Army in preparation for the takes over that will happen on April 2nd 2009 - National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day (http://www.ehow.com/how_2320076_celebrate-national-peanut-butter-jelly.html)

They don't fool me though. I know their plans!

Fraser
2009-Mar-12, 02:12 AM
If I were you WayneFrancis, I'd keep an eye out for orbital lasers. A guy could get vaporized if he wasn't careful.

WayneFrancis
2009-Mar-12, 12:35 PM
That is what my tin foil hat is for!

Glad you're feeling better.

Kim Jorgensen
2009-Mar-16, 09:00 PM
Glad to hear you are OK Fraser. I hear a couple of extra strength rum toddys can do wonders for the vocal cords but there are rumors that more than two can actually make the voice slurred ;-) Serously it's nice to have astronomy podcast back. It keeps me going in times of stress.