PDA

View Full Version : Hoagland's site down?

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Dec-06, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know why Richard Hoagland's website is down? And by down, I mean gone. When I go to http://www.enterprisemission.com, it looks like the domain is gone. It;s been like this for at least a day, maybe two. There's no mention of this on the Coast to Coast site.

If this is real, I won't shed a tear that his site is gone. While he has the right to spout his nonsense, I suppose, his ridiculous claims do real damage, in my opinion. But he is like a virus, popping up all the time whenever the opportunity arises. I have a hard time believing he packed up his shop.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2003-Dec-06, 05:27 PM
Hmmm ...

Very Interesting

Couldn't have happened to a Nicer Guy, as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe The Men In Black got 'im ... :^o

Glom
2003-Dec-06, 05:28 PM
I guess the aliens on the moon finally took out an injunction against him for invading their privacy.

NightHawk
2003-Dec-06, 06:04 PM
Whois info for enterprisemission.com:

Registration Service Provided By: RegisterFly.com
Visit: http://www.RegisterFly.com

Domain name: ENTERPRISEMISSION.COM

This name has EXPIRED, the former whois information is:

Registrant Info:
The Enterprise Mission
Richard Hoagland (info@enterprisemission.com)
505-771-0820
FAX: 505-771-0820
P.O. Box 1130
Placitas, NM 87043
US

Administrative Info:
Rowland Network Communications, Inc.
Keith Rowland (keith@rowlandnet.com)
602-625-7982
FAX: 480-835-2243
757 N 22nd St.
Mesa, AZ 85213
US

Billing Info:
The Enterprise Mission
Richard Hoagland (info@enterprisemission.com)
505-771-0820
FAX: 505-771-0820
P.O. Box 1130
Placitas, NM 87043
US

Technical Info:
Rowland Network Communications, Inc.
Keith Rowland (keith@rowlandnet.com)
602-625-7082
FAX: 480-835-2243
757 N 22nd St
Mesa, AZ 85213
US

Note: To help prevent malicious domain hijacking and domain
transfer errors, the registrar has protected the registrant
of this domain name registrant by locking it. Any attempted
transfers will be denied at the registry until the registrant
requests otherwise. The registrant for the name may unlock
the name at any time at the current registrar in order for
a transfer initiation to succeed

DNS servers:
DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM

Created: 12/04/1998 00:00:00
Expires: 12/03/2003 00:00:00

Looks like it's expired :lol:

Archer17
2003-Dec-06, 06:37 PM
Created: 12/04/1998 00:00:00
Expires: 12/03/2003 00:00:00
Looks like it's expired :lol:Well, it has been 5 years ..
Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Her five year mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before.Sorry, couldn't resist :wink:

ToSeek
2003-Dec-06, 06:43 PM
That's a considerable oversight, to let your domain name expire like that.

worstastronomer
2003-Dec-06, 07:14 PM

OK GUYS... Bad-Astronomer of the Year AWARD to the guy who snatches the domain name from Hoagland!

We'll link it to this site... hahaha!

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Dec-06, 07:54 PM
Wow, I should have checked the domain registration. Silly of me. :oops:

Too bad he has it locked. I'd love to grab it and link it to my C2C page. 8) But he still has the rights to it, and may very well start it back up again.

Nowhere Man
2003-Dec-07, 03:00 AM
It happens. My company had two domain names, one older and longer, and one newer and shorter. The longer one was the one we were telling associated companies to use to link to our site, before we got the shorter one. Well, this summer the guy responsible for this kind of thing let it slip (in his defense, he's overworked and understaffed) and someone else snapped it up, Cthulhu knows why. We had to tell the associated companies to change their links. I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to tell them.

Fred

Chuck
2003-Dec-07, 04:33 AM
The link in the first post of this thread has a trailing comma so it doesn't lead to anything. It should be

http://www.enterprisemission.com

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2003-Dec-07, 10:47 AM
The link in the first post of this thread has a trailing comma so it doesn't lead to anything. It should be

http://www.enterprisemission.com

Yes, but the Site is still down.

Let's only Hope it stays that way!

Gmann
2003-Dec-07, 01:37 PM
Art Bell addressed this issue last night and said that RCH has the flu right now, and that the site will be up and running in a couple of days. What the flu and website crashes have in common is anyone's guess, but I am willing to bet that 19.47 Masons played 33.3 Beatles albums backwards through a NASA computer, and some "faceless" disinfo agent mistook it for the cue to delete all data created after 1984, and say "My big brother, sirius, made me do it" :)

SciFi Chick
2003-Dec-08, 01:54 PM
I have worked in web design, and nowadays, most registars do not release the domain names for a couple of months to give people time to renew them. Therefore, it's not likely that any of us will be able to snag that name.

I remember back when his message boards were free. Now, they cost money because this will somehow prevent the people that want to hinder the truth from interfering with them, because, after all, disinformation agents wouldn't want to have to spend money to spread their disinformation. :roll:

Anyway, I will be interested in seeing who or what gets blamed for this, or if he will just admit that it was the expiration of the domain name. I mean, anyone want to take bets on the men in black getting accused of taking the site down? :wink:

Amadeus
2003-Dec-08, 03:27 PM
Details have not been updated but its not available to buy.

got theese details of uk2.net....

http://amail.co.uk/cgi-bin/atrace.pl?ip1=www.enterprisemission.com&who=YES

jrloki
2003-Dec-08, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I was looking for his take on our going back to the Moon, figured he'd tie it in to something or other. Guess he wouldn't have had time to post the Truth before his site crashed, esp. with the sniffles!

Again, thx for explaining, I forget to tune in to Art B. on the weekends, as he's back now. Don't much like his replacements.

Anyone else besides me thing we ought to go ahead back to the Moon?

Archer17
2003-Dec-08, 05:23 PM
..Anyone else besides me thing we ought to go ahead back to the Moon?I do. Mars too. Not to demean the shuttle program, but I'd like us to leave orbit once in a while .. Welcome to the board jrloki!

SiriMurthy
2003-Dec-08, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know why Richard Hoagland's website is down? And by down, I mean gone. When I go to http://www.enterprisemission.com, it looks like the domain is gone. It;s been like this for at least a day, maybe two. There's no mention of this on the Coast to Coast site.

If this is real, I won't shed a tear that his site is gone. While he has the right to spout his nonsense, I suppose, his ridiculous claims do real damage, in my opinion. But he is like a virus, popping up all the time whenever the opportunity arises. I have a hard time believing he packed up his shop.

OK, you got me curious. What was this site about? From the tone of all the opinions on this thread, I am guessing it was about conspiracies?

tjm220
2003-Dec-08, 09:01 PM
Heeheehee still down :D =D> 8) :P

Humphrey
2003-Dec-08, 09:28 PM

OK, you got me curious. What was this site about? From the tone of all the opinions on this thread, I am guessing it was about conspiracies?

His big thing was about some ancient and dead civilization that was found on mars and that NASA is trying to keep it hush hush. He has several pictures with neat line drawings on them to "prove" his ideas.

[added: "hush hush" to clarify what i ment]

SciFi Chick
2003-Dec-08, 09:36 PM
His big thing was about some ancient and dead civilization that was found on mars and that NASA is trying to keep it up. He has several pictures with neat line drawings on them to "prove" his ideas.

Well, don't forget about how it's all related to some ancient Egyptian religion of which all the NASA employees are a part. And, apparently, something really bad is supposed to happen soon and that's why Bush had to become president even though Gore really won. 8-[ :roll:

Humphrey
2003-Dec-08, 09:47 PM
His big thing was about some ancient and dead civilization that was found on mars and that NASA is trying to keep it up. He has several pictures with neat line drawings on them to "prove" his ideas.

Well, don't forget about how it's all related to some ancient Egyptian religion of which all the NASA employees are a part. And, apparently, something really bad is supposed to happen soon and that's why Bush had to become president even though Gore really won. 8-[ :roll:

And we invaded iraq because of some alien artifacts hidden under baghdad. His reasons was some mysterious relation to some part of the mars surface. Sure they only fit when he drew in the lines and circles, but at least in his minds they did.

frenat
2003-Dec-09, 04:33 AM
Hey don't forget the face.

NightHawk
2003-Dec-09, 01:52 PM
Oh No! It's back! :(

http://www.enterprisemission.com/

Gmann
2003-Dec-09, 03:38 PM
Yes, but it looks funny. Where is all of the stuff since 1996? I am still waiting to find out what made it go away in the first place. At least I can get to the site that shows where all of the latest Mars probes are now. I just might have to set that site in my favorites in case the "webslinger" blows them off the net again. :lol:

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Dec-09, 06:42 PM
I get a "page not found" error. Looks like they are still working on it. Maybe he's correcting all the errors... but then a "page not found" would be easier to keep up. :D

NightHawk
2003-Dec-09, 06:45 PM
Don't click the first link you posted it has a comma at the end and doesn't work :P

Try this one:

http://www.enterprisemission.com/

SiriMurthy
2003-Dec-09, 06:49 PM
sirimurthy:

His big thing was about some ancient and dead civilization that was found on mars and that NASA is trying to keep it hush hush. He has several pictures with neat line drawings on them to "prove" his ideas.

[added: "hush hush" to clarify what i ment][/quote]

Thanks. The site is back! Why "http://www.enterprisemission.com/", though? :evil: :evil:

SiriMurthy
2003-Dec-09, 06:58 PM
This is what's on http://www.enterprisemission.com/ a bit more than 3/4 of the way down on the main page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard C. Hoagland, founder of The Enterprise Mission, recipient of the Angstrom Medal, former science advisor to CBS News and Walter Cronkite, author of "The Monuments of Mars", co-creator of the "Pioneer Plaque", originator of the "Europa Proposal", and principal investigator of The Enterprise Mission... welcomes you to his official World Wide Web Site. Steady as she goes ...

(Italics mine). Really? :roll: #-o Science advisor to CBS News?? =D> Very interesting. Does he not talk about the Lunar Conspiracies?

tjm220
2003-Dec-09, 08:24 PM
What is the Angstrom Medal? Is this some fictitious award that sounds impressive but means nothing?

Pioneer Plaque? :^o I wonder if the real creator(s) know he's taking credit for it, lawsuit anyone?

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Dec-09, 09:06 PM
What is the Angstrom Medal?

As with many other pseudoscientists, Hoagland's claims about himself are somewhat inflated, or at least need more information to be understood. Go here for more about the Angstrom Medal (http://www.math.washington.edu/~greenber/FaxBack.html).

Astronot
2003-Dec-09, 09:18 PM
The site is still appears to be down. =D>

Did he get into trouble with his ISP for being naughty?

NightHawk
2003-Dec-09, 09:28 PM
Nope, I can still get there. Maybe your computer is smarter than mine :P

Ikyoto
2003-Dec-09, 09:59 PM
The various routers that rout to it may not have gotten the update to it's functional server. Give the site between 12-24 hours and things should trickle down... And trickling down is about what that site is worth. :roll:

Still, it was nice for a while to think that the owners of the servers the site is hosted on got tired of being associated with a lack of frontal lobe...

tjm220
2003-Dec-09, 10:46 PM
What is the Angstrom Medal?

As with many other pseudoscientists, Hoagland's claims about himself are somewhat inflated, or at least need more information to be understood. Go here for more about the Angstrom Medal (http://www.math.washington.edu/~greenber/FaxBack.html).

Thanks, interesting read. Too bad they can't be taken back. :(

Rue
2003-Dec-10, 12:17 AM
Does he not talk about the Lunar Conspiracies?

He believes the Apollo missions found evidence of an ancient civilization on the moon. The evidence is, of course, in the photos.

"Europa Proposal" he claims to have been the first to theorize on the existance of aquatic life on Europa.

SiriMurthy
2003-Dec-10, 02:18 PM
Does he not talk about the Lunar Conspiracies?

He believes the Apollo missions found evidence of an ancient civilization on the moon. The evidence is, of course, in the photos.

"Europa Proposal" he claims to have been the first to theorize on the existance of aquatic life on Europa.

Hmm, ancient civilization the Moon, eh? I guess they survived by eating pieces of the Moon itself, I am guessing (green cheese). #-o I wonder where they went, though. Oh, on the brighter side, at least he believes that Apollo missions were not faked. =D>

Aquatic life on Europa? Can I theorize that there are fire-breathing creatures on the Sun? Oh, please do let me theorize that. :evil:

SiriMurthy
2003-Dec-10, 02:21 PM
Nope, I can still get there. Maybe your computer is smarter than mine :P

:lol: :lol:

Gmann
2003-Dec-10, 02:34 PM
It's back, and the AOL/Google error page that was part of the intro page yesterday, has been replaced by the latest postings. I guess you may have looked for it when they were fixing the last of the problems. What am I saying, there is no real good way to fix the problems at that site. The "site not found error" was far more informative than Enterprise ever was.