PDA

View Full Version : How educated are we?

ToSeek
2003-Dec-09, 07:42 PM
Inspired by the major/career thread. No need to repost the details - I just thought it would be interesting to see the distribution.

Glom
2003-Dec-09, 07:44 PM
Does that mean right now or what we're currently working towards?

ToSeek
2003-Dec-09, 07:48 PM
Does that mean right now or what we're currently working towards?

Right now. You don't get credit if you haven't completed it yet.

TriangleMan
2003-Dec-09, 07:53 PM
How do non-university accounting designations work? I have a degree similar to an American C.P.A.

SciFi Chick
2003-Dec-09, 07:57 PM
How do non-university accounting designations work? I have a degree similar to an American C.P.A.

There should be a designation for professional certifications.

Andromeda321
2003-Dec-09, 08:09 PM
You don't get credit if you haven't completed it yet.
What about those of us still in high school?

ToSeek
2003-Dec-09, 08:33 PM
You don't get credit if you haven't completed it yet.
What about those of us still in high school?

You probably just shouldn't participate.

I originally tried to have more options, but it wouldn't let me. So we're limited to the ones above.

A.DIM
2003-Dec-09, 08:58 PM
I'd like to vote twice since I hold 2 Bachelors. :)

Humphrey
2003-Dec-09, 09:08 PM
What if we are graduating in 11 days with a bachelors?

Celestial Mechanic
2003-Dec-09, 09:12 PM
Hats off to you! Congratulations! =D>

Humphrey
2003-Dec-09, 09:27 PM
Hats off to you! Congratulations! =D>

Thanks, but i wouldn't go that far to congradulate me yet. I have no clue what i want to do. :-)

mike alexander
2003-Dec-09, 09:31 PM
You have world enough, and time, Humph.

And look at it this way; one of the few people to get a PhD BEFORE your **! =D> =D> =D>

TriangleMan
2003-Dec-09, 09:32 PM
Me too! :)
In the end I voted Masters because my accounting designation could be achieved with 3 years work after a Bachelors (complete with more courses and tests) so that's about equivalent to a Masters.

Sister Ray
2003-Dec-09, 10:21 PM
Although I'm not even done with my undergrad degree, I'm sure I'm going for my master's. I'm not sure if I'll go further after that. My one vow is that I will not teach.

Andromeda321
2003-Dec-09, 10:27 PM
You probably just shouldn't participate.

Wait, are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to vote after being tortured all those years? :-? Granted, others have been through more, but it should count for SOMETHING...
I'm going to vote anyway, so HA!

Oops
2003-Dec-09, 11:49 PM
This poll should have been done in years completed rather than degrees. That would make voting easier, and maybe high schoolers could get in.

ToSeek
2003-Dec-10, 12:29 AM

Vote then. The poll will go for three weeks.

Tensor
2003-Dec-10, 01:02 AM
Only a HS Diploma. However, I do have 130 (about 4 1/2 years) credit hours at various universities, but the credits don't fit together for a degree. But I guess they don't count because I haven't finished.

Lurker
2003-Dec-10, 01:15 AM
Wait, are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to vote after being tortured all those years? :-? Granted, others have been through more, but it should count for SOMETHING...
I'm going to vote anyway, so HA!

If you have questions about torture and voting rights go see the onling game NationStates and the dismal human rights records of the members of this bbs [-(

Jobe
2003-Dec-10, 01:23 AM
I'll have you know that the Armed Republic of Gunania has an excellent civil rights record :)

siriusastronomer
2003-Dec-10, 01:27 AM
The poll will go for three weeks.

In three weeks i'll be a week away from being finished with all but two required credits for my HS diploma :-D (1 semester of english and 2 quarters of religion left to take...then i'm DONE!! granted i'm taking more than just those two classes but those are the only ones i HAVE to take)

SpaceTrekkie
2003-Dec-10, 01:38 AM
Well i cant vote in the poll :evil: :evil:

i finished middle school and almsot over 1/4 my freshman HS year! that MUST count for something!

Chuck
2003-Dec-10, 02:05 AM
I spent July of 1973 at the Brunswick Service Training Center in Muskegon, Michigan and am certified to repair Brunswick automatic pinsetters. Is that equivalent to a Bachelor's or Master's or something?

Lurker
2003-Dec-10, 02:09 AM
I'll have you know that the Armed Republic of Gunania has an excellent civil rights record :)

OK... I'll give you that... but that flag!! #-o

Jobe
2003-Dec-10, 02:34 AM

OK... I'll give you that... but that flag!! #-o

Haha!

That person is Darl "All your linux are belong to SCO" McBride.

What a dork!

Lycus
2003-Dec-10, 02:37 AM
Thanks, but i wouldn't go that far to congradulate me yet. I have no clue what i want to do. :-)

Can you major in world domination? 8-[

Normandy6644
2003-Dec-10, 03:34 AM

Can you major in world domination? 8-[

yeah but I hear the job market is crap :lol:

Humphrey
2003-Dec-10, 03:41 AM
Yah there is a major. But they are only accepting bald, middle age, cat owning, guys from eastern european states.

I only fit one of those categories. So i took the initative and started a domination internship. I have now overthrown my mentor.

tuffel999
2003-Dec-10, 03:50 AM
Me too! :)

Me three and I am a currently disgruntled (or gruntled....whatever....not that disgruntled but mildly chaffed) PhD student.

jkmccrann
2005-Dec-13, 06:15 PM
Bachelor of Commerce, still not quite sure why I did it..........

LurchGS
2005-Dec-13, 06:32 PM
I kinda fit in with Tensor - no post HS degree, but years and years of various classes and training and reading anything I can get my hands on (from cereal boxes to physics texts - and sometimes the boxes are harder to understand!)

oh - and no Barbara Cartland type stuff. I'd rather read toilet paper

Lianachan
2005-Dec-13, 06:36 PM
Where's the "None of your business" option, or is that just expressed by not voting?

:)

LurchGS
2005-Dec-13, 06:39 PM
well, not voting could be a 'NOYB'. but it could also be 'I don't know', or 'somebody needs to change my diaper cuz I'm too young to do it myself' or 'I dropped out of HS'...

In any event - it covers a wide range of answers. I'd say... it's probably the best answer for the question :)

Lianachan
2005-Dec-13, 06:43 PM
well, not voting could be a 'NOYB'. but it could also be 'I don't know', or 'somebody needs to change my diaper cuz I'm too young to do it myself' or 'I dropped out of HS'...

In any event - it covers a wide range of answers. I'd say... it's probably the best answer for the question :)

Indeed. Then consider my vote cast!

(Nothing to do with diapers or anything)

Taks
2005-Dec-13, 07:31 PM
uh, what about degrees in progress?

taks

Candy
2005-Dec-13, 07:40 PM
I am now officially enrolled in Keller Graduate School of Management. I'm interested in the Master of Network and Communications Management (MNCM) Program. I'm still undecided about my "Concentration Area". I was wanting Technology Applications (IP Telephony/VoIP), but I may sway toward Security (E-Business and Database). School starts January 2, 2006.