PDA

View Full Version : Colbert Wins ISS Naming Contest

Fraser
2009-Mar-23, 09:50 PM
NASA's obviously underestimated the awesome power of the Colbert. In online contest to name a new module for the International Space Station, NASA suggested a few names, but then provided the possibility for write-in suggestions. Comedian Stephen Colbert won in a landslide, beating out NASA's obvious top suggestion, Serenity by over 40,000 votes. [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2009/03/23/colbert-wins-iss-naming-contest/)

KaiYeves
2009-Mar-23, 09:52 PM
Can I still call it Venture if I want to? 'Cause that's what I voted for. Repeatedly.

Ronald Brak
2009-Mar-24, 03:59 AM
He beat the name Brak Pod by six. Six orders of magnitude.

Scamp
2009-Mar-24, 02:24 PM
*sigh*

So now NASA will nullify the entire contest and pick some boring typical politically correct name.

Which will give Colbert more to talk about.

I really wish NASA would just hold true, name the darn thing "Colbert" and win a few friends in the general population. You know the people that in the end pay for the module and all their salaries.

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2009-Mar-24, 02:44 PM
Sweet

Argos
2009-Mar-24, 02:47 PM
Utterly ridiculous. Nasa should disqualify the public poll and choose a more appropriate name.

Buttercup
2009-Mar-24, 02:48 PM
What a joke (no pun intended).

Doesn't matter. They can abandon the ISS, de-orbit and let that piece of money-wasting junk burn up in the atmosphere for all I care...

Gigabyte
2009-Mar-24, 02:52 PM
Love the Colbert.

KaiYeves
2009-Mar-24, 09:38 PM
Or they can not.

Tucson_Tim
2009-Mar-24, 11:57 PM
I really wish NASA would just hold true, name the darn thing "Colbert" and win a few friends in the general population. You know the people that in the end pay for the module and all their salaries.

As much as I dislike the name "Colbert" I agree with you Scamp.