PDA

View Full Version : soryy!

stargurl14
2003-Dec-10, 07:45 PM
why are some of you people giveing my **** on pri meessage,s i realy dont need this iam not here to get **** from you people iam here to learn ok! and iam not wanted here so i will just find another site that i can get help from! ok bye thinks for all the **** you poeple gave me in the hole 2 days iv been here!!!!!!

Humphrey
2003-Dec-10, 08:05 PM
I really hope you do not leave. I have no clue what is going on by PM, but if you tell the BA he can get on it and warn people. Harrasing is against the rules.

We are all on here to learn and make friends. Again, I really hope you stay. The more people who are on here and post, the better this board is.

:-)

Dan

SeanF
2003-Dec-10, 08:13 PM
That's really too bad. The BA runs a tight ship here (and we're all thankful for it), but nobody sees the PMs except the recipients. I will add my voice to those saying that you should notify the BA about what happened. I'm sure he would like to know if people are using his system to harass others.

Stargurl, I hope you don't leave. This is one of the best astronomy-related BBs on the web, and it's a great place to learn new stuff.

Lurker
2003-Dec-10, 08:15 PM
If she is 14 as she says she is, we should really cut her some slack... I would be very intimidated by this crowd as well.

I sent her email suggesting that she give us another chance.

stargurl14
2003-Dec-10, 08:27 PM
no iam not puting up with peoples crap i dont need it there is other places i can go!1

Lurker
2003-Dec-10, 08:34 PM
no iam not puting up with peoples crap i dont need it there is other places i can go!1

I think you will find as you get older that most people are not perfect. People regardless of intelligence have faults. Part of growing up is learning to deal with our own faults and the faults in others. There are a lot of smart people on this board and some of them are even wise. They can really help if you will give them a chance.

One of my best friends says, "Whever you go... there you are..."

If you leave this board with your anger and frustration you will just take with you. Why not stay here and we can all try again....

OK... stepping down off my soapbox...

JimTKirk
2003-Dec-10, 08:51 PM
Stargurl14,
If someone is sending you inappropriate PMs, please screencapture them and forward to the BA. We need a clean forum here, whether it's in the normal board or in personal messages.

Sorry for your bad experience, but I for one hope you stay!

heliopause
2003-Dec-10, 08:56 PM
Although I would point out that if you continue to curse up a blue streak, staying among us won't be an option anyway.

Humphrey
2003-Dec-10, 09:22 PM
Great post Lurker. :-)

stargurl14: one thing i would like to ask is to tone down the I.M. speak. Please? Its hard to understand what you are saying sometimes.
Also realize that there are many people here your age. Some even younger. So you are not alone. :-)

Jack Higgins
2003-Dec-10, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear that stargurl...

Although I reckon no matter what other BB's you visit, you'll find that this is one of the best out there!

gethen
2003-Dec-10, 10:46 PM
I hope stargurl takes the advice to forward those inappropriate p.m.s to the B.A. It's kind of infuriating that someone here would do such a thing, knowing what the standards are on this board.

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Dec-10, 11:10 PM
stargurl14, please watch your language. Read the FAQ about this.

If you are having troubles, please email or PM me.

SpaceTrekkie
2003-Dec-11, 12:02 AM

stargurl14: one thing i would like to ask is to tone down the I.M. speak. Please? Its hard to understand what you are saying sometimes.
Also realize that there are many people here your age. Some even younger. So you are not alone. :-)

Yes definitly stay there are people your age and younger. IIRC you are 14, so am I and Sever is in 8th grade IIRC so that is younger. Sorry you have had a bad experience but this really is a great place. Just give it another chance.

Sever
2003-Dec-11, 12:35 AM
13 here, but I'll be 14 in 14 days (woah).
But who would send you the PM's?

Lurker
2003-Dec-11, 01:09 AM

Thanks... I appreciate it...

I wasn't sure if I should post that so I am glad it was taken in the right spirit...