PDA

View Full Version : Time and Relatives

Dr_Von_Loon
2003-Dec-12, 02:12 PM
The new theory of realtivity:

The more relatives you have visiting you, the slower time seems to pass!

Gmann
2003-Dec-12, 02:17 PM
In just "13" days, I am going to have 45 people in my house for Christmas, "lucky" me huh? :o

gethen
2003-Dec-12, 02:24 PM
Depends on the relatives. Cousin Jack always brings a new brew or two to try and doesn't overstay. Cousin Margaret chain smokes. 'Nuff said.

Humphrey
2003-Dec-12, 02:26 PM
Man some of my family members are the most boring people in the world. I really, really hate just sitting on the couch and talking about Lauras 4th baby and how cute he is for 2 hours and then switching over to some other mindless in family gossip topic. I usually go into a room and just watch T.V. Problem solved.

I just hope that rachel will let me do the same when i am married. But for some reason i hear a echoe of "Not a chance of a snowball in hell" coming from the walls.

gethen
2003-Dec-12, 02:41 PM
Man some of my family members are the most boring people in the world. I really, really hate just sitting on the couch and talking about Lauras 4th baby and how cute he is for 2 hours and then switching over to some other mindless in family gossip topic. ...

The "conversations" I can't take are the ones where Grandma starts talking about the health issues of some octogenarian I don't know and then she and Grandpa wind up arguing over whether that person's older sister married someone from Ohio who fought in WWI on the European front where he ran into that other cousin who is the brother of the woman they met in Orlando last summer or did she marry the uncle of........
You get the idea. It's all I can do to keep the drool wiped off my chin.

rigel
2003-Dec-12, 06:31 PM
Maybe that's why my relatives don't vistit me anymore.

mutant
2003-Dec-14, 04:50 PM
Fish and relatives begin to smell after 3 hours.

Iain Lambert
2003-Dec-15, 10:51 AM
I've nothing against my relatives at all. I'm only really glad that I'm staying at home with just my wife this year because last Christmas and Boxing Day was spent almost entirely in the car driving between various relatives scattered across the South and East of England; we clocked up somewhere north of 500 miles in those two days - a whole bunch of no fun.