PDA

View Full Version : NASA Could be "Criminally Negligent" Over Brian the Bat Death

Fraser
2009-Apr-01, 07:30 AM
On Sunday, March 15th, Space Shuttle Discovery launched from Cape Canaveral, beginning the highly successful STS-119 mission to "power up" the International Space Station (ISS). Unfortunately, a tiny stowaway was discovered clutching onto the external tank of the shuttle and refused to budge. For the whole of Sunday, NASA waited for the free-tailed bat (unofficially [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2009/04/01/nasa-could-be-criminally-negligent-over-brian-the-bat-death/)

slang
2009-Apr-01, 08:20 AM
Well.. it seems some people commenting on this story are getting a little angry over it. I wonder if it will still be an issue tomorrow. :)

mfumbesi
2009-Apr-01, 09:48 AM
Brian the bat was fulfilling his life's purpose.
He is smiling in ehhh the place where dead animals go.
What a way to go there Brian.

Buttercup
2009-Apr-01, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry for the bat's death. But I guess this means the radical lunatic fringe of environmentalists will win and we'll never return to the Moon or get to Mars, because an ant might get killed in the process?

Long live the Can-Do Go! Go! Apollo era!

There are some anti-space exploration nuts who'd love to ground us permanently over incidents like this.

BigDon
2009-Apr-01, 06:53 PM
Some people just don't have enough real problems in their lives.

Gigabyte
2009-Apr-01, 06:58 PM
That's why I invented the Internet.

KaiYeves
2009-Apr-01, 11:47 PM
Ha, ha! Remember what day it is, guys!

Never get offended by any news announced on April 1st!

Gigabyte
2009-Apr-02, 12:58 AM
Oh shucks. Did you have to go and ruin the fun?