PDA

View Full Version : Boo Is Happy! She Got A Part In Rocky Horror!

BigDon
2009-Apr-04, 10:45 AM
She tried out for the role of "Columbia" in her local college production of Rocky Horror Picture Show and nailed it!

She already looks like Columbia with her hair done the same way. Good ol' serendipity. Myself I think I could do a fair Riff-Raff, or even Eddie if I have to. I've seen it enough times to have most of the dialogue already memorized. (Hey, my seat's wet!)

mahesh
2009-Apr-04, 10:55 AM
Hey....nice one BD! Nice one Boo!

Congratulations! Rubbing shoulders with Susan Sarandon! well, sort of.
Walking in her footsteps!

Broadway and West End, next Boo! :D

Moose
2009-Apr-04, 11:48 AM
Way to go, Boo!

KaiYeves
2009-Apr-04, 05:53 PM
Congrats, Boo!

Gillianren
2009-Apr-04, 06:57 PM
Well, congratulate dear Boo for me, Don. That's quite a girl you've got there.

Ara Pacis
2009-Apr-05, 05:51 PM
Wait, I've seen that movie. We're supposed to be happy? :o

Just kidding, way to go, Boo.

(This may get confusing as my brother's nickname is Boo too.)

Tobin Dax
2009-Apr-05, 07:23 PM
Wait, I've seen that movie. We're supposed to be happy? :o
That was my first thought. :) Still, that's great. Congratulations, Boo!

sarongsong
2009-Apr-05, 11:22 PM
When and where does it open?
(I may be in the Bay Area end of this month---wouldn't want to miss any BAUTer debuts!) :)

mfumbesi
2009-Apr-06, 06:10 AM
Well done Boo.
Is the expression "break a leg" appropriate?

geonuc
2009-Apr-06, 12:58 PM
Kewl. :)

I've seen RHPS about ten billion times.

mugaliens
2009-Apr-06, 01:42 PM
Congrats, Boo!

Rocky Horror can be fun with the right crowd. When I was in high school there was a local theater which played it every single weekend (Sat), starting at 10 pm, and it was usually sold out (had to get in line around 9:30). Some dressed up, but most of us just had a ball singing the songs at the top of our lungs (awesome theater sound).

Years later, I went to one in a different city, and while the place was nearly full, I kept receiving strange looks along the lines of "who are you? You're not one of us..." Apparently, it was a fairly close-knit crowd.

Either that or they were from Transsexual, Transylvania...

Swift
2009-Apr-06, 01:47 PM
Pictures, we want pictures! Congrats Boo!

Big Bad Boo
2009-Apr-08, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys! (By the way, sorry for still never posting. School is brutal and my (former) job was a pain in the you-know-what. It was either keep up on the net or sleep. :eek:)

The auditions were pretty awesome. If there are any in your areas, just go to at least check them out. It's as fun as the show!

I'm not sure if I want my family to come see me though. (LOL!) Pretty much only for the last scene though- thankfully Columbia is one of the more well-covered of the girls. :lol:

I'll try to get some pictures up of the performance, or at least some of the rehearsals.

My biggest worry though:

I'm rather famous when it comes to toe touches. I can't get that far past my knees. High kicks are going to be... difficult.

(It opens either May 2nd or 9th- I wonder if it would be breaking the rules if I post a soft copy of the flyer...?)

The Backroad Astronomer
2009-Apr-08, 08:08 PM
Belated congrat Don and Boo.

The Backroad Astronomer
2009-Apr-08, 08:11 PM
Oh Boo, I don't think you couldn't keep Bigdon away.

Moose
2009-Apr-08, 08:26 PM
(It opens either May 2nd or 9th- I wonder if it would be breaking the rules if I post a soft copy of the flyer...?)

Shouldn't be a problem, I would think.

mike alexander
2009-Apr-08, 08:38 PM
Congratulations to Boo and BD!

My son is appearing in his school's production of Twelfth Night soon, as Sir Toby Belch. Doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

Gillianren
2009-Apr-08, 11:24 PM
Oh, that's a great play, Mike. My favourite.

Big Bad Boo
2009-Apr-11, 07:24 AM
Congratulations to Boo and BD!

My son is appearing in his school's production of Twelfth Night soon, as Sir Toby Belch. Doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

:D I hope he does well! I think performing Shakespeare is the hardest thing to do on stage. (One can't yell "Cut!" and do another take if one gets tongue-tied.)

Noclevername
2009-Apr-16, 10:20 PM
Belated congratulations! And now I've got the "Time Warp" song stuck in my head.