PDA

View Full Version : BAUT for iPhone

Josh
2009-Apr-09, 07:14 AM
I'm just putting it out there ... someone here should write a BAUT Forum application for iPhone.

As a reward I offer eternal gratitude. Okay ... eternal maybe overstretching it. I'll be greatful for at least two weeks.

Anyone out there with this kind of know-how?

sarongsong
2009-Apr-09, 07:48 AM
Isn't it just like going on the Net---why a special app?

Josh
2009-Apr-09, 01:50 PM
made to fit the screen without scrolling .. like the Facebook app. All functional buttons at your finger tips. It's just purpose built and easier to use than using it through a browser.

nauthiz
2009-Apr-09, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't doing that require making a modified version of the vBulletin software for BAUT to run on, too?

SeanF
2009-Apr-09, 04:04 PM
I would imagine this (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171947) would work, but you'd have to get Phil and Fraser to put it on the server, I believe.

Josh
2009-Apr-09, 11:24 PM
perfect! I wonder if anyone other than me would use it? Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.

eric_marsh
2009-Apr-11, 01:31 PM
You really don't need a special iPhone app. What you need is to create a special set of web pages that are formatted for the iPhone. If you were to go through an .mobi domain then the iPhone would recognize it as being written specifically for a handheld device.