PDA

View Full Version : Joey buys a star

Hale_Bopp
2002-Mar-30, 03:21 PM
Thursday's episode of Friends featured the 35th wedding annniversary of Rachel and Ross's parents. Yes, Joey bought them a star for their anniversary. I can't believe they just made a quick passing reference to it without any other jokes whatsoever! At least they didn't mention a company by name.

Rob

Chuck
2002-Mar-30, 03:59 PM
Yeah! And Ross said "That's so sweet" or something like that. But he's a scientist. A paleontologist, not an astronomer, but he should still know better. It would have been a funnier scene if they had argued about it.

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Mar-31, 02:57 PM
Missed that part. (BTW, it was Monica and Ross's parents--they're brother and sister, remember?) I did catch the part where Ross makes up the story about proposing to Rachel in a planetarium--he filled it with lilies, and had the planetarium write out "Will you marry me?" in the stars of the skydome.

Hale_Bopp
2002-Mar-31, 03:51 PM
Of course...Monica and Ross. I have a problem with names.

"I never foget a face...names give me a real problem, but I never forget a face!"

Can't remember the source of the quote.

Yeah, given Ross's planetatrium fantasy, he should know enough about astronomy to make a snide remark to Joey!

Rob

The Incubus
2002-Mar-31, 05:21 PM
On 2002-03-30 10:59, Chuck wrote:
Yeah! And Ross said "That's so sweet" or something like that. But he's a scientist. A paleontologist, not an astronomer, but he should still know better.

He probably didn't know better because the writers of the show didn't know better.

Who knows? =-)

The (insert snide remark here) Incubus