PDA

View Full Version : Sagittarius A

A Timeline Of Circles
2009-Apr-13, 10:49 PM
Could there be life in the constellation, Sagittarius A? Or what do scientists think about the complex radio source located there?

grant hutchison
2009-Apr-13, 11:16 PM
Sgr A consists of several radio sources: they're mainly generated by the accretion region around the supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy (Sgr A*), but there's also a contribution from an unusual supernova remnant nearby.

Grant Hutchison

A Timeline Of Circles
2009-Apr-14, 12:40 AM
Does the center of our galaxy have strong radio waves as well? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Bearded One
2009-Apr-14, 12:48 AM
Could there be life in the constellation, Sagittarius A? Or what do scientists think about the complex radio source located there?Constellations are groupings of stars as seen from Earth. The individual stars and objects that comprise a constellation may be separated by huge distances and not have any real relation to each other. As others have pointed out, the center of the Galaxy lies thataway and it is known to be a radio source. The sky is full of radio sources. You need to be a bit more specific in your questions.

Wizard From Oz
2009-Apr-14, 01:09 AM
Could there be life in the constellation, Sagittarius A? Or what do scientists think about the complex radio source located there?

Sagittarius A is point pretty much at the center of the galaxy. The complex radio source is a consequence of the really weird stuff going on in there.

Example three million solar mass black hole. Gas clouds wizzing by at unheard of speed, and massive stars throwing their two cents worth in on radio bands.

Swift
2009-Apr-14, 12:15 PM
I've moved this to Astronomy, as a more appropriate spot.