PDA

View Full Version : Constraining the Orbits of Planet X and Nemesis

Fraser
2009-Apr-16, 06:00 AM
If Planet X was out there, where would it be? This question posed by an Italian researcher turns out to be a lot more involved than you’d think. As opposed to all the 2012 idiocy hype flying around on the internet, this research is actually based on a little thing called science. By analysing the [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2009/04/15/constraining-the-orbits-of-planet-x-and-nemesis/)

scibuff
2009-Apr-16, 10:22 AM
Although at first this seems to be attempt on actual science rather than a pious apocalypse story backed by pseudoscience, based on the fact that the author has changed all numerical values by a huge factor (distances coming down from ridiculous 500,000 AU ~= 7.9 ly to just 2-3000 AU) in a frame of a few weeks, I'm kinda inclined to treat the paper just as another effort to use a well known myth for personal gains (not that much better than a regular doomsayer).

Braille
2009-Apr-16, 05:44 PM
I don't know if anyone is familiar with Zecharia Sitchin, but that guy doesn't apply any kind of science to his Planet X theory. Better known as Nibiru. The planet of crossing that will wreak havoc on mother earth due to its large mass. Eight years ago Nibiru was going to be here in 2005. It never showed up..... Then 2008..... It never showed up. Now he's settled for 2012.

I can't wait for 2012. I'm going to sit in my backyard, drink beer, and laugh.