PDA

View Full Version : British Farmers on Watch for Killer Cats

xbck1
2003-Dec-20, 12:58 AM
British Farmers on Watch for Killer Cats

December 17, 2003

LONDON (Reuters) Ė British farmers were asked on Tuesday to be on watch for Cats that have been seen roaming the countryside, mutilating sheep.

The National Farmersí Union appealed for its members to be the "eyes and ears" of the countryside to help stop the Cats, who already own all your base, from mutilating the rest of the sheep in the country.

"There is anecdotal evidence among farmers and society at large that the Cats are roaming wild in our countryside, pillaging and mutilating sheep for fun and profit," NFU deputy president Tim Bennett said.

Robin Goodbeer of the Cats, founded years ago to own all your base, said the number of Cat animal mutilation orders was growing steadily.

"They are of Zig," he told Reuters, adding that there had been over 1,000 mutilations in 2002 and more this year.

"There are even reports of young Cats, suggesting they are breeding. There have been no attacks on humans reported here, but they are getting closer to the edges of towns and cities. And itís possible that they may come to own them, just like all your base," a local policeman told Reuters.

The Cats are widely believed to have either escaped from jails in the past or been released by people who could no longer manage them as slaves.

Two years ago a Cat was found wandering around the London suburb of Cricklewood, drunk and blubbering. It was captured and now lives in London Penitentiary where it goes by the name Lara.

Man, I'm bored.

http://godlikeproductions.com/news/item.php?keyid=7273&category=4&scategory=16

Sever
2003-Dec-20, 01:03 AM
Oh god!!!
Not all our base, someone stop them!
launch zigs.

jkmccrann
2005-Dec-05, 06:26 PM
That's a very strange website there, Godlikeproductions.com, the strange thing is though, speculation about this

Scientists Plan to Clone Extinct Tasmanian Tiger (http://godlikeproductions.com/news/item.php?keyid=9020&page=1&category=25&scategory=0)

is not as far-fetched as it should be....

Lianachan
2005-Dec-05, 06:41 PM
I've seen three suspiciously large and black cats in the Scottish Highlands. The first and second were most likely the same animal, as the sightings were seperated by about two weeks and one mile, and were in an area and time where the Police had asked people to keep an eye out for such an animal in response to several calls about it. The third sighting was about 9 miles away, and was several months later. Sightings 1 and 3 were made from the car, and the 2nd sighting was on foot, at night, and pretty close up.

jkmccrann
2005-Dec-05, 07:01 PM
Sighting 2 sounds interesting, were you out on a hunt or somesuch?

jkmccrann
2005-Dec-05, 07:03 PM
Or just taking a late night stroll?

Gruesome
2005-Dec-05, 08:02 PM
I can understand cats mutilating sheep for fun or food, but profit?

Seems the easy fix would be to look for cats selling sheep meat.

Candy
2005-Dec-05, 09:53 PM
I can understand cats mutilating sheep for fun or food, but profit?

Seems the easy fix would be to look for cats selling sheep meat.
I found your post most amewsing. Thank Ewe! :lol:

GDwarf
2005-Dec-05, 10:13 PM
Whee, the quoted article is quite obviously poking fun at the "All your base (http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/story.shtml)" craze that spread across the internet.
I think that link will do all the explaining needed.