PDA

View Full Version : Bad Astronomer on National Geographic

2009-Apr-24, 10:58 PM
BA Blog: How to Kill a Planet (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/04/23/how-to-kill-a-planet/):

[April 23] at 8:00 p.m (though check your local listings) the show "Naked Science " on the National Geographic channel will have an episode called "How to Kill a Planet". Someone you know and read will be on it.

and...

BA Blog: How to How to Kill a Planet (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/04/24/how-to-how-to-kill-a-planet/):

Last night [April 23], National Geographic aired the episode of Naked Science called "How to Kill a Planet", about five ways we can literally and totally destroy the Earth. I was interviewed extensively for it, and contributed to the ideas and some of the script, too.

Video: explosions exploding explosively. The BA with his finger on the trigger.

Earth will never be the same.

Naked Science? Could he be arrested for national exposure?

publiusr
2009-May-01, 06:53 PM
Some of the graphics were off. There was the use of the blobby dark matter distribution map in 3D was used to describe anti-matter...but that was a minor thing.

Bloodtoes
2009-May-12, 10:44 PM
Naked Science makes me cry. I haven't seen this episode yet, but the show consistently disappoints me tbh. Whether it's sensational doomsday episode, or some poor sod trying to cut a pink layer cake with one hand while squatting and trying to demonstrate plate tectonics, I end up shaking my head more than I should when watching the show. If they brought in a bit more real science without the lame practical demonstrations (again, reference to the layer cake). I did notice that episodes got a bit better for the 2008 series, so here's to hoping. It's just disappointing because it could be so much better.

I will tune in if I see Phil's episode on replay (I missed it this time around unfortuantely).

slang
2009-May-13, 10:07 PM
Naked Science? Could he be arrested for national exposure?

Didn't stop him before! *tries to erase skepchick calender pic from memory*