PDA

View Full Version : Astronaut Edgar Mitchell: gullible?

gzhpcu
2009-Apr-27, 03:52 PM
As you have read recently, Dr. Mitchell has been making statements about aliens and Roswell once more, and ufologists have been making the most out of it.

I knew that he was a co-founder of the Standford Research Institute, which investigates the paranormal, but did not know that Uri Geller had convinced him to test him at this institute...

Shortly after his return to earth, Mitchell told me, he had learned of a young Israeli named Uri Geller who was said to have demonstrated remarkable paranormal gifts. This, of course, was some time before Geller became internationally known. Mitchell invited Geller to the Stanford Research Institute to conduct a series of tests. These were mostly to do with 'remote viewing' (out-of-body travel) where random 'targets' were selected and Geller was asked to describe the unknown object. His success rate, Mitchell told me, was surprisingly high. Geller also demonstrated his now famous ability to bend spoons.Seems like the good Dr. Mitchell has a high gullibility factor and is susceptible to hoaxsters...:cry:

source: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/mick_brown/blog/2009/04/22/astronaut_edgar_mitchell_uri_geller_and_the_curiou s_case_of_the_reappearing_tieclip