PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see 'Seinfeld' revived as a tv show?

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2003-Dec-29, 12:17 PM
Jerry Seinfeld once jokingly said that he'd bring 'Seinfeld' back if each of their careers didn't go anywhere after the original series ended. Well, it looks to me like their careers aren't going anywhere. Time for a Seinfeld revival???

wedgebert
2003-Dec-29, 02:20 PM
No, while Seinfeld was funny, I don't think it's as good as Friends or Scrubs. Each character was more of a running gag than an actual character.

Plus the series finale was the worst I've ever seen.

dgruss23
2003-Dec-29, 02:27 PM
I don't know how I feel about this one. Seinfeld was a great show, but I'm not sure how easily they could recapture what they had before. Maybe the last choice would be the best. There is certainly a dearth of good comedies out there.

Reacher
2003-Dec-29, 02:50 PM
I'm the only one to vote for the first option?
I am deeply shocked.
I love that show. Love it.
I agree that it could be very hard, and would need to be very good in order to succeed, but it could.

And there must be about 4 shows/movies/stage shows/books/old people's inane stories in the world that are not as good as Friends. Seinfeld isn't one of them.

stelmosfire
2003-Dec-29, 02:54 PM
Sorry, but I've never found "Seinfeld" to be anything but boring. I'd just as soon see a revival of "The Ropers."

mutant
2003-Dec-29, 04:55 PM
stelmosfire posted:

Sorry, but I've never found "Seinfeld" to be anything but boring. I'd just as soon see a revival of "The Ropers."

I agree with stelmosfire. Well, except for the fact that I have no idea who the Ropers are.

SeanF
2003-Dec-29, 04:57 PM
stelmosfire posted:

I agree with stelmosfire. Well, except for the fact that I have no idea who the Ropers are.

Stanley and Helen Roper were the landlords in the first few seasons of Three's Company before they were "spun-off" into their own show (which didn't last very long).

If they're going to revive an old TV show, bring back Sledge Hammer!

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

JimTKirk
2003-Dec-29, 05:12 PM
No, Although rather humorous at times, it just seemed an outlet for Jerry's stylings rather than an actual sitcom. If we were going to revive a show, I'd say M*A*S*H* in a Vietnam setting might prove better.

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2003-Dec-29, 06:06 PM
If we were going to revive a show, I'd say M*A*S*H* in a Vietnam setting might prove better.

actually, I'm all all for a MASH revival- set at MASH 8063rd

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Dec-29, 06:40 PM
The problem with reviving a show is that it is rarely as good as the original. And if the new series is bad, it takes away from the original.