2003-Dec-29, 01:39 PM
Dear BABB's

I don't read FAQ's...
Please un-subscribe me.

Glom
2003-Dec-29, 02:06 PM
:-?

What?

Why don't you read it? Then we won't have to bother.

dgruss23
2003-Dec-29, 03:31 PM
Ok, now lets all just remember to remain calm. Nobody panic.

Kaptain K
2003-Dec-29, 03:33 PM
He "cut-n-pasted" a whole article. Jack Higgins warned him and the BA replaced it with a link and told him never to do it again. Now he's in a snit. :roll:

tofu
2003-Dec-29, 03:43 PM
LOL! I love this place.

TriangleMan
2003-Dec-29, 03:45 PM
REllis, I'm sorry to hear that your first posting experience at the BABB did not go smoothly. Please stick around, you'll find that while the Board is heavily moderated it's a great place to learn/discuss astronomy. :)

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Dec-29, 04:39 PM
Dear BABB's

I don't read FAQ's...
Please un-subscribe me.

Um. Well, that's baffling. It says in the email when you sign on to the BABB to read the FAQ. Those are the rules of the board. If you want to post here, you must adhere by them. It keeps the discourse here more reasonable, and less likely to degenerate into flame wars. The FAQ rules are not restricting; ironically, by enforcing people to self-edit, there is more freedom here to express ideas than in other bulletin boards.

You are welcome to stay, as is anyone, as long as the rules are followed.

tofu
2003-Dec-29, 05:24 PM
I just want to say that he is not representative of Canadians in general.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Dec-29, 07:08 PM
They've had experience with Canadians in the past, I assure you. :wink:

I really hope that REllis stays though. It's always nice to have new people around here.

TriangleMan
2003-Dec-29, 07:56 PM
I just want to say that he is not representative of Canadians in general.
Really? He was very polite about being de-registered . . .

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Dec-29, 08:13 PM
Hey! You can't make fun, you've lived in Canada! :P

tofu
2003-Dec-29, 08:30 PM
Really? He was very polite about being de-registered . . .

He's polite, but kind of arrogant and childish. He says "I don't read FAQs." Basically, he's saying he's too good to read the rules here. That's a pretty dumb thing to say in my opinion. I'd be willing to be that if an American posted similar comments on a Canadian board people would say such behavior was typical of those stupid americans. The truth is just that he's a little immature. That's all. I was just making a point about prejudices. I think I'll bow out of this thread now :-)

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Dec-29, 08:35 PM
I would prefer people not make personal comments about other posters here. That's in the FAQ too.

Glom
2003-Dec-29, 08:39 PM
This was most surreal. REllis has been banned for doing the same thing twice (as quite clearly stated in the FAQ. I read it. :) ). Is this some new form of covert trolling?

Anyway, BA's bound to move this to BABBling in a moment.

dgruss23
2003-Dec-29, 08:43 PM
This was most surreal. REllis has been banned for doing the same thing twice (as quite clearly stated in the FAQ. I read it. :) ). Is this some new form of covert trolling?

Anyway, BA's bound to move this to BABBling in a moment.

Signing on and then asking to be banned does seem to be a new one. I know at some forums you can un-enroll yourself if you decide you don't like it. Maybe that's why REllis made a specific request.

JimTKirk
2003-Dec-29, 08:56 PM
Yeah, but why go through the trouble of copy/pasting an article to get yourself kicked off? All RELLis had to do was not come back!?!?! :o

TriangleMan
2003-Dec-29, 09:19 PM
*sigh* that was odd. Maybe the next person to join the Board won't have a 'ban wish'. All REllis had to do was link to the articles instead of posting them. Oh well.