PDA

View Full Version : How do you attatch wrist straps to cameras etc?

Ross PK81
2009-May-16, 02:50 PM
I really don't know how you're supposed to attatch them. I've tried looping the string round the thing on the camera and tying it, but it's not long enough. So I guess you're supposed to attatch it in some other way? I had the same problem with my ipod as well. :confused:

PraedSt
2009-May-16, 03:04 PM
Wrist straps suffer from an in-built manufacturing flaw introduced by Fonzie in the late 70s. No matter what you do, it'll stop you from looking uncool. Be thankful.

Musashi
2009-May-16, 03:21 PM
Stick the loop through just enough to get the other end of the loop through the bit of loop sticking out.

Ross PK81
2009-May-16, 03:32 PM
Stick the loop through just enough to get the other end of the loop through the bit of loop sticking out.

Ah right, thanks. :)

Don't see why they never give instructions on how to do it, as I don't think it's 'that' obvious is it? I do know that most of the time instructions tend to tell you how to do things or things that you shouldn't do which are way more obvious.

Sam5
2009-May-16, 03:40 PM

Don't see why they never give instructions on how to do it, as I don't think it's 'that' obvious is it? I do know that most of the time instructions tend to tell you how to do things or things that you shouldn't do which are way more obvious.

See these steps 1, 2, 3:

http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/store/wrist-string/images/post-instr.jpg

2009-May-16, 03:41 PM
Don't see why they never give instructions on how to do it, as I don't think it's 'that' obvious is it?

It's a subspecialty of string theory. It's too hard to explain. You just have to know.

Nowhere Man
2009-May-16, 05:02 PM
It's an intelligence test. If you can't get the wrist strap onto the camera, you shouldn't be using a camera -- you might hurt yourself.

:)

Once you know how, it can become a dexterity test, or a test for what small manipulation tools you have handy.

Fred

Ara Pacis
2009-May-16, 06:38 PM
And people wonder why they include instruction on toothpicks. Sometimes people just don't know. ;)

kleindoofy
2009-May-16, 07:08 PM
I really don't know how you're supposed to attatch them. ...
This is really easy, silly.

First you slip the little loop end through the indent on the camera, then you loop the rest through the loop and pull. You then take an industrial strength blowtorch, melt it all together, fixate it with ten whacks with a 40lb seldge hammer, and dip it in liquid nitrogen to cool it off.

Come on, everybody knows that. ;)

PraedSt
2009-May-16, 07:50 PM
You then take an industrial strength blowtorch, melt it all together, fixate it with ten whacks with a 40lb seldge hammer, and dip it in liquid nitrogen to cool it off.
Ross, remember- hammer before the nitrogen, otherwise you may have a huge shrapnel problem.

peteshimmon
2009-May-16, 09:34 PM
Now in my day, my Zenit SLR came already
fitted with a nice leather shoulder strap!
It had to be a shoulder strap as it weighed
5 or 6 times these fiddly CCD things.

And there was stuff called films...

tdvance
2009-May-17, 12:20 AM
films are what you get on DVDs and MP4s, right?

mugaliens
2009-May-17, 08:06 AM

Figuring it out requires either an advanced degree in "string theory" or experience linking rubber bands together as a kid.

I forget which...

mahesh
2009-May-17, 11:50 AM
See these steps 1, 2, 3:

http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/store/wrist-string/images/post-instr.jpg

Nice camera Sam...
I wonder what happened to my strap?