PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Aldrin on BBC Radio asking "where were you?"

lizagreig
2009-May-21, 11:26 AM
To coincide with the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, BBC Radio 4 are going to be doing a special programme which Buzz Aldrin will be presenting.

They want to hear people's memories of the moon landings - where you were, what you were doing, etc, especially if it's particularly memorable or a good story.

They've got an email address - manonthemoon@bbc.co.uk - which you can write to. Also, if you've got a computer microphone or ability to record audio they're quite keen on hearing your stories in your own words for putting out in the programme.

What a great chance to share your memories of this unique moment in history.

slang
2009-May-21, 12:07 PM
Hi lizagreig, welcome to BAUT.

I was on my mom's lap, in diapers. (Me, not my mom). Not a particularly memorable or a good story, I'm afraid ;)

novaderrik
2009-May-21, 05:58 PM
i was still a little over 5 years away from being born..

ravens_cry
2009-May-21, 06:09 PM
I was an immature egg with about 17 years still to go before popping into the world, howling like a banshee.
My mother was in Lima, Peru, watching the landing at her Aunts house.

tsumrall
2009-May-21, 06:19 PM
I was 11 and living in England at the time. We watched it on BBC no less. I remember my father getting us up real early to watch. What a thrill that day was!

KaiYeves
2009-May-21, 08:20 PM
My dad ate spaghetti that night, my mom was watching with her family.

saturn4b
2009-May-25, 02:08 PM
I'd turned 17 a week earlier. Since I was in the UK, NA stepped off the LM on the 21st at in the early hours of the morning. I stayed up all night waiting for them to do the EVA waking the rest of the family when the moment came. I remember Buzz bounding around in a strange slo-mo. I had my Saturn-Apollo model I'd built, plus a 1/72 scale model of the LM. Totally gripped by the whole thing.

KaiYeves
2009-May-25, 02:12 PM
I'm doing something of a project to get the older teachers at my school to write their memories down.