PDA

View Full Version : Lunar landing pictures a fake?

pablo2174
2004-Jan-02, 02:50 AM
I've seen the taping of the landing and in one part, one of the astronauts is jumping in the air while the other one is taking a picture of him, in the motion film, the astronaut jumps and comes back down, the other astronaut takes a picture of him at his highest point, in the picture there is a triangular flap from the astronaut backback sticking up, but in the motion film he just comes back down and there is no flap that goes up?
whats up with that?

Musashi
2004-Jan-02, 02:52 AM
Is it possible that they are two seperate occurances?

pablo2174
2004-Jan-02, 02:59 AM
I doubt it, it is the picture of the astronaut jumping and saluting, how many times do u think they did that one?

JayUtah
2004-Jan-02, 03:01 AM
http://www.clavius.org/jumpsal.html

JayUtah
2004-Jan-02, 03:08 AM
I doubt it, it is the picture of the astronaut jumping and saluting, how many times do u think they did that one?

Twice.

The conspiracy theorists only show you the video clip of the second jump where the flap is not as visible as it is in the first jump. If you see the entire clip, including both jumps and the part where John Young (the jumper) walks out to take his position, you can clearly see the flap.

The key, as you can read at the bottom of the link I posted, is that the flap in question is not the one the conspiracy theorist says it is. There are two flaps on the top of the backpack and the conspiracist claims we should be looking for the flap attached to the back edge of the top. In fact, the one you can see in the photograph (and in other photographs of the same astronaut) is the one attached to the front edge of the backpack top, and slightly off center.

The conspiracy theorist has deliberately chosen to show you only the evidence that supports his conclusion and has ignored the evidence that clearly contradicts it. These particular authors are famous for that, and they know you probably won't check up on their research. Very dishonest.

pablo2174
2004-Jan-02, 03:11 AM
its true i guess you might now see the front flap from the motion picture because of the angle of the camera and the backpack may be obscuring it, but i have a new issue

http://www.clavius.org./decal.html

shows a picture of the flag with no rinkle, now how many times did the astronauts touch the flag?

JayUtah
2004-Jan-02, 03:31 AM
Many.