PDA

View Full Version : Can not stay up past 1 AM anymore

TRUTHisnotfacts
2009-May-30, 02:16 AM
How come I can not stay up past 1 AM anymore ?

A few years ago I could stay up until 6 am and get up at 9 am and go ...I could do it all the time ..

The last 2 years I have had low low energy and my body can not stay awake , I also can not even last all day with out taking a nap between 3 and 5 pm ..I can not stay up past 1 AM ..

NickW
2009-May-30, 02:22 AM
Its called getting old. Happens to me all the time :)

robross
2009-May-30, 02:42 AM

A few years ago I could stay up until 6 am and get up at 9 am and go ...I could do it all the time ..

The last 2 years I have had low low energy and my body can not stay awake , I also can not even last all day with out taking a nap between 3 and 5 pm ..I can not stay up past 1 AM ..

How old are you now? How old were you when you could stay up until 6?

Rob

Middenrat
2009-May-30, 03:25 AM
Dear TRUTH, why so glum? Naps, plenty of bed-time, no jogging - sounds ideal.

Amber Robot
2009-May-30, 03:31 AM
Not enough push-ups.

novaderrik
2009-May-30, 06:00 AM
i bet it was the mold..

mugaliens
2009-May-30, 07:53 AM
er... because your clocks are set to the correct time these days?

HenrikOlsen
2009-May-30, 08:01 AM
Is it a truth or a fact that you can't?

How do you know?

Doodler
2009-May-30, 05:30 PM
Welcome to middle age, my good geezer. ;)

Had to deal with this issue when I turned 29

Tucson_Tim
2009-May-30, 05:55 PM
I also can not even last all day with out taking a nap between 3 and 5 pm ..I can not stay up past 1 AM ..

Maybe if you went to bed before 1:00 AM you wouldn't need the naps. :rolleyes:

BTW, do you ever respond to the posts in the threads that you start?

kleindoofy
2009-May-30, 07:58 PM
... I can not stay up past 1 AM ..
So don't.

Who cares? :confused:

Euniculus
2009-May-30, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the club. :)

NickW
2009-May-30, 09:48 PM

I don't think he does....

Paul Beardsley
2009-May-30, 09:52 PM
I don't think he does....

It has happened, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

My own opinion is that it would be wisest not to respond - but that's just my opinion.

NickW
2009-May-30, 10:06 PM
You didn't follow you own opinion, Paul :doh:

Paul Beardsley
2009-May-30, 10:26 PM
You didn't follow you own opinion, Paul :doh:

It's an opinion I have just come to, so I do not want to respond any more after this post.

slang
2009-May-31, 12:12 AM
It's an opinion I have just come to, so I do not want to respond any more after this post.

Why not?

Gandalf223
2009-May-31, 02:38 AM

Because it's past your bedtime?

I can stay up much later than that. Can't stay awake tho.

Nick Theodorakis
2009-Jun-01, 01:44 AM

Have a baby. You'd be surprised how little sleep you can get by when you absolutely have to. :lol:

Nick

NickW
2009-Jun-01, 03:16 AM
No kidding, Nick. I thought when I had my first baby I would die from lack of sleep. After the second, I realized that I could live with very, very little.

mugaliens
2009-Jun-01, 07:20 AM

Evidently not, for we're at 21 and counting...

Fazor
2009-Jun-01, 03:01 PM
Evidently not, for we're at 21 and counting...

He (or she?) said that he couldn't stay up past 1. So after the first post, he falls asleep. Duh. :)

KaiYeves
2009-Jun-01, 03:25 PM
I don't think I've ever stayed up until 1 AM. I get tired long before that.

Fazor
2009-Jun-01, 03:33 PM
The peak of my sleeplessness was College. I'd be up until . . . well, whenever I happened to pass out (5 or so in the AM usually) and be up, well . . . whenever I needed to get up (8 or so usually).

Thank god I hadn't discovered the joys of World of Warcraft back then (Largely due to the fact that it wasn't released until the end of my dorm-days ;)).

DonM435
2009-Jun-01, 03:35 PM
I don't think I've ever stayed up until 1 AM. I get tired long before that.

Don't even try it! You'll turn into a pumpkin or something like that!

Studioguy
2009-Jun-01, 03:48 PM
I've pulled more 48 hour runs without sleep than I'd care to remember. When I don't have to be awake, I sleep whenever I can. Two kids and a career in the music industry should be proof enough for that.

Argos
2009-Jun-01, 03:55 PM

Well, Im in the mid 40s and I can easily stay awake up to 1 am. In fact I have to force myself into going to bed around midnight.

Eoanthropus Dawsoni
2009-Jun-01, 07:57 PM

It's the fluoride in your water.

Luckeydavid
2009-Jun-01, 11:41 PM
It's the fluoride in your water.

The fluoride only affects you at the 2am mark, not the 1am. No, I'm afraid his situation is far worse than you or anyone else might have imagined. It seems as if what is affecting him is otherworldly. Here's hoping that he finds a cure, for I dare not dream what damage this new disease may cause if left untreated.

HenrikOlsen
2009-Jun-02, 02:17 AM
It can't be age, as I'm 43 and it's 4:17 am my time now.

Whirlpool
2009-Jun-02, 03:29 AM
Possibly, it's 10:28 pm here and I'm UP and Wide Awake for the next couple of hours or so.

Tensor
2009-Jun-02, 12:48 PM
I'm 53 and have no problem staying up past 1:00 AM. Of course, I have insomnia, a side effect of all medical problems. Fortunately, I'm now retired due to disability and can nap when I want.

Doodler
2009-Jun-02, 12:56 PM
Promptly after posting that response, I've been in bed after 1am two out of the last three nights, then collapsed at 1030 pm last night.

DonM435
2009-Jun-02, 05:13 PM
You've heard of that fellow Abraham DeMoivre? He was a statistician, and had some debilitating illness. He found that he was sleeping fifteen minutes longer each morning. He made some simple calculations and announced that on such and such a future date, he'd sleep 23 hours and 45 minutes, and the following day would not wake up at all. He died on the day he predicted. True story. Honest.

robross
2009-Jun-06, 09:29 PM
You've heard of that fellow Abraham DeMoivre? He was a statistician, and had some debilitating illness. He found that he was sleeping fifteen minutes longer each morning. He made some simple calculations and announced that on such and such a future date, he'd sleep 23 hours and 45 minutes, and the following day would not wake up at all. He died on the day he predicted. True story. Honest.

"True Story" is hardly good scientific evidence. Perhaps this story is true, but it sounds incredible, so I'd want some evidence. Wiki fails us in this situation stating in part :

"It is reported in all seriousness that de Moivre correctly predicted the day of his own death."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_de_Moivre#cite_note-0

WHO reported this? Wow, passive voice even! This does not inspire confidence.

The one source wiki cites for this states:

"De Moivre, like Cardan, is famed for predicting the day of his own death. He found that he was sleeping 15 minutes longer each night and summing the arithmetic progression, calculated that he would die on the day that he slept for 24 hours. He was right!"

http://www-history.mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk/Biographies/De_Moivre.html

Again, no attribution.

I'm more inclined to believe someone started this rumor after his death and it was handed down as fact through successive generations.

Nice story, but at this point I don't believe it is true.

Rob

Buttercup
2009-Jun-06, 09:37 PM
Don't feel bad; I could only rarely stay up past 1:00 a.m. even in my 'teens!

Your body is signaling the need for additional rest. Please heed it for your health's sake. ;)

DonM435
2009-Jun-07, 02:06 AM
"True Story" is hardly good scientific evidence. Perhaps this story is true, but it sounds incredible, so I'd want some evidence. Wiki fails us in this situation stating in part :

"It is reported in all seriousness that de Moivre correctly predicted the day of his own death."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_de_Moivre#cite_note-0

WHO reported this? Wow, passive voice even! This does not inspire confidence.

The one source wiki cites for this states:

"De Moivre, like Cardan, is famed for predicting the day of his own death. He found that he was sleeping 15 minutes longer each night and summing the arithmetic progression, calculated that he would die on the day that he slept for 24 hours. He was right!"

http://www-history.mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk/Biographies/De_Moivre.html

Again, no attribution.

I'm more inclined to believe someone started this rumor after his death and it was handed down as fact through successive generations.

Nice story, but at this point I don't believe it is true.

Rob

Okay, I should've said "Trust me" instead of "True story." Please ignore it until it is one day proven.

I read that long ago, some book by George Gamow or Martin Gardner, and it didn't seem implausible.

closetgeek
2009-Jun-09, 01:38 PM
Don't even try it! You'll turn into a pumpkin or something like that!

Are you calling Kai a stagecoach?

I can stay up till physically stay awake until after 1 a.m. but don't expect me to hear the alarm clock the next morning :whistle:.