PDA

View Full Version : Moon hoax on German TV

Andreas
2004-Jan-03, 11:03 PM
Ran just now on VOX.

Kaysing, Sibrel, Rene, that photograph "expert", someone called McCurdy, the whole parade of hoaxers. One NASA guy who comes off as unconvincing. Hm, I see it's the one produced by Bruce Nash, didn't catch the original title.

Ew.

It was sent as part of SpiegelTV, and here I was thinking that they were at least halfway respectable. I think I'll write to Spiegel to let them know that their TV show department tarnishes their reputation.

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Jan-03, 11:37 PM
Nash Entertainment did the Fox show, "Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?". It's the one I trashed point by point.

Visitor
2004-Jan-04, 12:39 AM
In the magazine "Spiegel" (and it's online issue) the topic for that program was anounced as "The Mars Project" (about the Spirit-missions). That was a bit misleading.

Andreas
2004-Jan-04, 02:36 AM
So it was none other than the notorious Fox show. Yup. Really makes you want to bang your head against a wall repeatedly.

I don't know what possessed them to send that. And yes, something different was (and still is) announced on the websites of both VOX and Spiegel TV. :-k

Superluminal
2004-Jan-04, 04:39 AM
Why can't someone make a decent documentary about the moon landings and all the science that was accomplished? Of course, unless it is hosted by a bunch of half naked bimbos, none of the major networks will show it, it might actually be edudational, can't have that, in the US anyway. #-o

Sticks
2004-Jan-04, 06:34 AM
Across the pond here, the TV companies tend to be left wing and more likely to belive in the hoax theory. Our Channel 4 and Channel 5 have both aired programmes supporting the hoax theory. The only exception was Sky at Night that did a hoax debunking program. (The link is on another thread)

As your government is mistrusted I would not have thought that the networks would want to show anything supporting a government line, irrespective of the facts. :(

kucharek
2004-Jan-04, 12:24 PM
It was the FOX show on VOX, following a very good documentary about the Mars rover mission preparation. A double feature. First a pearl and then a pile of [bad word deleted].

Any other Germans here? There are two good websites in German on the subject:
http://www.apollo-projekt.de/
http://www.mondlandung.pcdl.de/
Both have fora and currently people come in who saw the "documentary". Maybe we could need some more posters who answer questions there.

Harald