PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was an attachment to my telescope.

Chip
2002-Apr-01, 07:02 PM
Silly me. (I'm one of those people who can program a computer but can't find the "on" button.) I ordered this...ummm..."device (http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/interocitor/introctr.jpg)" from an outfit called "Electronic Service Unit 16". It guaranteed that I'd be able to get clear views of distant nebula despite city lights. Well, I followed all the diagrams and built the thing. I can't figure out how to turn it on. Anybody know? (Happy April by the way.)

Chip

Roy Batty
2002-Apr-01, 07:12 PM
Umm, dont you need to order a special switch add-on from Metaluna? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Chuck
2002-Apr-01, 07:23 PM
Maybe it's solar powered.

Silas
2002-Apr-01, 07:28 PM
I love the two yellow tap handles: one dispenses porter and the other dispenses stout... The guy on the screen is the friendly automated bartender; you tell him your woes and he says, "tsk, tsk," until you finally pass out. The rest of the machine carts you safely home and tucks you into bed.

Silas

The Incubus
2002-Apr-01, 07:33 PM
On 2002-04-01 14:02, Chip wrote:
Silly me. (I'm one of those people who can program a computer but can't find the "on" button.) I ordered this...ummm..."device (http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/interocitor/introctr.jpg)" from an outfit called "Electronic Service Unit 16". It guaranteed that I'd be able to get clear views of distant nebula despite city lights. Well, I followed all the diagrams and built the thing. I can't figure out how to turn it on. Anybody know? (Happy April by the way.)

Chip

There should have been a disc that came with it. Put it into the dial on the right side, then turn the control 18 degrees to the left.

And say "hi" to Braak and Exeter for me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The (Exeter: I'm afraid I do not know [Mozart] | Tom Servo: "I'M NOT AN ALIEN!") Incubus

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Incubus on 2002-04-01 15:26 ]</font>

Chip
2002-Apr-01, 07:41 PM
On 2002-04-01 14:28, Silas wrote:
"I love the two yellow tap handles: one dispenses porter and the other dispenses stout..."

Cute aren't they? Actually they contained something called a "catherimine tube with an endiom complex of plus four." I don't know what that is, but after I tried it, I could lift a car! You're right about the bar tender. His name's "Exeter" and he keeps going on about me attending some science convention he's having. (Free airplane ride there!) My assistant says: "Chip - Don't go! Don't go!" /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Chip
2002-Apr-01, 07:45 PM
P.S.

The beer dispenser is a nice touch, but that triangle screen is NO FUN when watching soccer matches or basketball games. They're going to have to fix that!

Comixx
2002-Apr-01, 10:29 PM
Hey, say hi to Exeter for me.

They melted my machine when they found out I was using it to get free cable.

Chip
2002-Apr-01, 11:32 PM
On 2002-04-01 17:29, Comixx wrote:

They melted my machine when they found out I was using it to get free cable.

Hey, Exeter's an OK guy. But that Braak is a brat! He blew up my truck!

2003-Feb-08, 10:53 AM
On 2002-04-01 18:32, Chip wrote:

On 2002-04-01 17:29, Comixx wrote:

Dickenmeyer
2003-Feb-08, 11:27 PM
Do I need a 115 or 220 outlet to plug my interoceter into? Its killing my car's battery to run it from the cigarette lighter.

Tom
2003-Feb-08, 11:33 PM
On 2003-02-08 18:27, Dickenmeyer wrote:
Do I need a 115 or 220 outlet to plug my interoceter into?

HAH! I knew this topic was a joke! Mine's solar powered!