PDA

View Full Version : exit mundi..?

lonegunman33
2002-Apr-02, 08:43 AM
recently i and a friend have been debating back and forth about apocalyptic scenarios and such.recently he mentioned 2 things that i hadnt heard of.so i couldnt shoot his theories or fears down. his source was this website. http://www.xs4all.nl/~mke/exitmundi.htm
one of which was "planet x". there seem to be alot of quotes from scientists and sources im not familiar with.at the very least its provided me with humorous readings. Id just like to know if the site is full of bad science or exaggerated facts, or the truth.

btw im very new to this site so i dont know what the standards are for requirements are for topics.

2002-Apr-02, 10:03 AM
On 2002

btw im very new to this site so i dont know what the standards are for requirements are for topics.

by using the EDIT/Delete option you can
come back later and change your entry
in the event you get a date wrong, or a decimal out of place

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Apr-02, 11:22 AM
Good advice, HUb'.

Usually, posters "lurk" on a board for a while, without posting, to get a feel for what is appropriate and what has been discussed--but in your case, I think you did fine. That website has an article about Nemesis (http://www.xs4all.nl/~mke/Nemesis.htm), which it calls "Planet X," but is fairly mainstream science, though it is speculative. Is that the article that you were talking about?

There are other theories about a Planet X which are considered less reliable. I think we have more than one thread about them. Let's see, there's Planet X (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=498&forum=4), and Planet X/May 2003 (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=483&forum=2). Note that that last link says that Planet X is due next year, whereas your link says thirteen million years from now.

2002-Apr-04, 12:29 PM
<a name="20020404.6:16"> page 20020404.6:16 aka 13 Million Years
On 2002-04-02 06:22, GrapesOfWrath wrote: To: 3 CIMI 4 UAYAB
Good advice, HUb'.

T your link says thirteen million years from now.
Well I admitt you lost me on that reference
13 makes me think of Sirius & B the companion
exactly why i cant put my finger on at the moment tho..

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Apr-04, 01:39 PM
On 2002-04-04 07:29, HUb' wrote:

I meant lonegunman33's link. It says, at the bottom of the article on Nemesis: " Luckily, we have plenty of time to learn more about it. The Death Star is due to arrive a royal thirteen million years from now."

2002-Apr-07, 12:17 PM
On 2002-04-04 08:39, GrapesOfWrath wrote:

On 2002-04-04 07:29, HUb' wrote:

I meant lonegunman33's link. It says, at the bottom of the article on Nemesis: " Luckily, we have plenty of time to learn more about it. The Death Star is due to arrive a royal thirteen million years from now."

yeah, lost me again..? i've seen something about
an incomming astroid out 800 years or so.. i think it a Brit story line?

David Hall
2002-Apr-07, 01:36 PM
On 2002-04-07 08:17, HUb' wrote:
yeah, lost me again..? i've seen something about
an incomming astroid out 800 years or so.. i think it a Brit story line?

Yep. It's about 1km across and it's been shown to have about a 1 in 300 chance of hitting us in the year 2880.

See this thread: http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=953&forum=2&7

Kaptain K
2002-Apr-10, 10:16 AM
GrapesOfWrath,

There are two different "Planet X" being discussed here.

One is "Nemesis" which hypothesizes the existence of a brown dwarf companion to the Sun, which orbits on a highly elliptical path with a period of about 26 million years. Nemesis has been tentatively linked with mass extinctions.

The other is Nibiru, the putative "Home of the Ancient Gods". The proponents of Nibiru are woefully lacking in the grasp of basic celestial mechanics and have the "planet" on a path that defies all known physics.

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Apr-10, 11:37 AM
Yep. OTOH, we probably don't have to worry about lonegunman33 anymore. Seems to have been another driveby poster--with a double post no less (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=722&forum=4&start=14).

lonegunman33
2002-Apr-13, 04:10 AM
well i apologize for not having broadband.Since im on 56k my browsers tend to freeze sometimes which lead to double postings. Since this is just one of many BB's i post on it takes me awhile sometimes to comeback and read what has been posted.

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Apr-13, 10:13 AM
I apologize for the insinuation! Welcome back.

Which Planet X was it that your friend was talking about?

lonegunman33
2002-Apr-14, 02:35 AM
nemesis was the one he was reffering to.checking other websites it seems as if the estimated time of arrival cant even be agreed upon.I know there was a comet discovered recently that someone else posted about but thats not what he was talking about.This planet x is supposed to be close to us within the next yr or so.
It just reminded me too much of the scenario that was talked about for a few yrs (5-5 2000 i think)Planets aligning and the gravity would effect us in such dramatic ways,which of course never came to be.
Another reason i didnt come back too quick to this board was hes been obsessed with "chemtrails" as of late which started irritating me with his conspiracy hopping.

Kaptain K
2002-Apr-16, 08:35 PM
...he's been obsessed with "chemtrails" as of late...
This is one conspiracy theory that I can not even begin to understand. Planes have been leaving contrails since WWII when B-29s started flying over 30,000 feet. They have been common since the '60s when jet airliners went into regular service.
Yet now, people are saying that this easily explained phenomenon is some sinister plot by the New World Order to subjugate us with mind altering chemicals.
I don't get it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaptain K on 2002-04-16 16:39 ]</font>

lonegunman33
2002-Apr-18, 04:00 AM
LOL kaptain k thats pretty much the same exact look i gave him.the funniest part of it is that we both live near airports. i just tell him the the "real" conspiracy is that conspriacy theories are a multi million dollar a yr business.no conspiracy book,video,or lecture is free.