PDA

View Full Version : "That's the Way It Is" Apollo Supporter Walter Cronkite Dies

Fraser
2009-Jul-18, 04:20 AM
Newscaster Walter Cronkite has passed away at the age of 92. He was admired and known for his enthusiastic coverage NASA's space missions, from the early Mercury launches, through the ground-breaking Gemini missions, to the subsequent moon landings — which at times left him speechless — and the space shuttle program. (...)Read the rest [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2009/07/17/thats-the-way-it-is-apollo-supporter-walter-cronkite-dies/)

gzhpcu
2009-Jul-18, 05:11 PM
Walter Cronkite was my very favorite newscaster. He showed his emotions on occasion, like when he announced the death of JFK. Wish we had more like him nowadays...

H4wkeye
2009-Jul-18, 07:45 PM
Personally,ive never heard of him but if someone covered all the past NASA's missions with a big passion and if hes a supporter to all our mutual goal,which is humanity in space,then he must have been a great person.RIP Walter.

KaiYeves
2009-Jul-26, 04:03 PM
It's going to be impossible to watch The Dream is Alive now... Two astronauts and the narrator are now dead and one of the orbiters featured has been destroyed.

mike alexander
2009-Jul-26, 05:32 PM
It's going to be impossible to watch The Dream is Alive now... Two astronauts and the narrator are now dead and one of the orbiters featured has been destroyed.

Hey, whadja gonna do? Fred Astaire is dead but I still enjoy watching films of him dancing.

Apollo has moved from news into history. It would be like me as a teenager in 1969 watching archival footage of Lindbergh's transatlantic flight. For most people alive today a moon landing is in a history book.

These things happen. Time to move on.