PDA

View Full Version : Betelgeuse Nukes Earth, anyone debunk this comical woo woo?

Manchurian Taikonaut
2009-Jul-28, 03:51 AM
http://rense.com/general86/beet.htm

There really are some brilliant ones in here :)

In a 2008 interview with a Russian high tech magazine I mentioned, almost as an afterthought, that what we may be witnessing is the collision between two galaxies and we are in the smaller galaxy.
In a way, the Milky Way might be rejecting our merger or has decided that adopting us is just too high a price to pay.

So the Milky Way is a giant god-like personality? That is not keen on illegal immigration? :0

personally I wouldn't know where to begin

Manchurian Taikonaut
2009-Jul-28, 05:17 AM
at first I thought it was a crazy joke, but then I looked at the main rense site and they seem to be very serious about their conspiracies

here's another they have running

Major Cosmic Event?

Gaping Hole In Jupiter - 10x Size Of Earth & Growing

Jupiter Debris Not A Debris Cloud?

A Second Sun?

he has a wikipedia entry

Rense's radio program and website, Rense.com,[2] cover subjects such as 9/11 conspiracy theories,[3] UFO reporting, paranormal phenomena, Holocaust denial,[4] Zionism, tracking of new diseases and possible resultant pandemics, environmental concerns (see chemtrails), animal rights, possible evidence of advanced ancient technology, geopolitical developments and emergent energy technologies, complementary and alternative medicine among other subjects.
I think that covers it ;)

Tedward
2009-Jul-28, 07:50 AM
Looks like the hole in Jupiter bit is lifted straight out of a certain Mr Clarke novel.

Glom
2009-Jul-28, 08:17 AM
The impending doom of Betelgeuse is being seriously discussed. (http://www.bautforum.com/astronomy/89326-betelgeuse-betelgeuse-betel-boom.html)

The big difference being its destruction will not pose a threat to Earth.

Piano Paul
2009-Jul-28, 04:07 PM
Whatever Karl Schwarz is smoking I'll take a dollar's worth.

Torch2k
2009-Jul-28, 04:17 PM
Hope Ford Prefect had nothing to do with this.

Gotta sass that hoopy frood.

vonmazur
2009-Jul-30, 09:19 PM
Golly; Mr. Rense is trying to outwoo the stuff on the Prison Planet Web Site....I wonder if they steal from each other?? Well at least we all are going to die in a Muon Storm.....and then the Gravity Waves..(From Star Trek??) What a happy web site..

Dale in AL

TJMac
2009-Aug-02, 03:29 PM
:eek:

It's true, isn't it, that you can put up a website that says ANYTHING?

My brain hurts from just trying to make even the slightest sense of anything on that site.

How do you have a "gravity wave", that is so slight, that we would not even feel it, or only feel it slightly, but on the other hand, is so powerful that it will throw all the planets out of their current orbits/alignments?

How odd.

boppa
2009-Aug-03, 12:41 AM
I'd actually forgotten about Rense- It was big around the 2000 Millinium scare but has kinda dropped off the conspiracy maps lately

It's definately a major woowoo site tho. Nothing is too weird for them to `publish'

GalacticBeatDown
2009-Aug-03, 04:56 AM
Betelgeuse is too far away to pose any threat to the the Earth. If it were to go supernova, people would be able to see it in the day light.

Lone Wolf
2009-Aug-14, 09:15 PM
http://www.rense.com/disclaimer.htm

ummmmmmmm....anyone else see this little gem? ROFL!!

vonmazur
2009-Aug-14, 09:38 PM
I am always amazed at this web site, I had not looked since the Y2K hyperbole, it is still internally inconsistant and somewhat racist....Merely having a disclaimer does not excuse the presentation of the same tired old Tsarist propaganda....

Dale

Lone Wolf
2009-Aug-14, 09:51 PM
No. That's not what I meant...

The very first paragraph implies they (authors; host; whatever) don't actually believe what they're posting....and if they don't believe it, why bother posting it?

"If you throw enough mud (or crap) at something, some of it is bound to stick" ....somewhere. Even if it's only the thrower's hand ;)

The rest reads like a bad copy-paste from some manual. Of what, I don't know, nor care, really.

And what's with that "Condoleezza Rice" mail at the bottom? Is that supposed to imply she's involved with the site? Does she know?

matthewota
2009-Aug-14, 11:42 PM
Betelgeuse, if it does blow up, does not pose a hazard to life on Earth, at least according to what I have read from authors who are scientifically trained to make assertions about it. There are people who spend entire careers studying supernovae.
I would put more weight on their information than from a CT site.