View Full Version : Another Moon Hoax site

AstroMike
2002-Apr-04, 12:48 AM
http://moonhoax1.tripod.com/MoonHoax/index.html

More fun for us! And this one has a forum. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://pub75.ezboard.com/fthemoonlandinghoaxfrm1

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Apr-04, 03:09 AM
Not much there. And if you go to the board, be prepared for lots of popup ads. Blech.

The Rusty Lander
2002-Apr-04, 04:13 AM
How many forums do you know that specifically discuss the Moon Hoax and are lively? Can anyone list them for us? The above mentioned one makes three that I know of.

James
2002-Apr-04, 11:20 AM
On 2002-04-03 22:09, The Bad Astronomer wrote:
Not much there. And if you go to the board, be prepared for lots of popup ads. Blech.

BA, download AdSubtract (http://www.adsubtract.com). It's worth the money for the full version and it'll block most everything, including pop-ups.

jrkeller
2002-Apr-05, 03:11 AM
I had seen this one before. Its quite laughable.

I think my favorite section is the John Young jumping salute. The photo taken by Charlie Duke (the front) you see a triangle shaped object on JY's helmet and from the back (taken by the LRRV camera) you don't see it. Thus, the two photographs couldn't be taken at the same because they show different things. However, if these idiots had watched the entire video, John Young turns around and the triangle piece is clearly visable.

Again, like a lot of the HB's they over expose photos or look at only a specific piece of the photograph.

JayUtah
2002-Apr-05, 03:29 AM
However, if these idiots had watched the entire video, John Young turns around and the triangle piece is clearly visable.

See http://www.clavius.org/jumpsal.html

David Percy jumps to the conclusion (pun intended) that the object he is seeing is the rear OPS flap. In fact, it's the front OPS flap. The rear OPS flap is centered left-to-right while the front OPS flap is offset to the astronaut's right, as seen in the photo.

This flap is seen several times in photographs and video from EVA-1, and from several angles. It is likely being propped up by the front point of the rear OPS flap. It is not seen in any subsequent EVAs.

In the LRV video, as Young walks to the point where he will jump and salute, you can clearly see the front OPS flap. Percy claims it is not there simply because he is looking for the rear OPS flap.

jrkeller
2002-Apr-05, 12:07 PM
That's some nice work.

In my mind, comparing the two photos actually proves the two were made at the same time. Look at the shadows and the location of the footprints. They are in the same spots. Most noticeable is a small rock between the two foot prints.

As I've said before, the HB's only look at a small piece of the puzzle.

AstroMike
2002-Apr-07, 03:58 AM
On 2002-04-04 22:11, jrkeller wrote:
I had seen this one before. Its quite laughable.

If you want something just as laughable, go look at these sites: http://www.geocities.com/lord_visionary/moon_fakers.htm
http://www.mohammedi.freeserve.co.uk/moonshots.html

I like Aldrin's comments at the bottom of that second site. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AstroMike on 2002-04-06 23:01 ]</font>

Donnie B.
2002-Apr-07, 12:25 PM
An interesting speech reversal can be found on Neil Armstrong's legendary 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind' statement. When played backwards Neil seems to say 'Man never space walk.' Listen to it for yourself.

Now there's a new one! A combination of moon hoax and back-masking. Brilliant! Man, think how long it must have taken for Neil to come up with that incredible whistle-blow.

I'm stunned to find out that Armstrong didn't say "Satan runs NASA, Joe Shea killed Grissom".

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Donnie B. on 2002-04-07 08:26 ]</font>

David Hall
2002-Apr-07, 01:27 PM
You didn't think he flubbed his line on accident, did you?

Why is is so implausable to believe Armstrong would hide a secret message in his opening words? Heck, at least half of everything I say hides a secret message in it! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Of course, it's not always easy to find them. Sometimes you can just play the messages backwards, but sometimes you have to speed up or slow down the recording, or shift the frequency, or reverse each word and piece them together seperately in a specific order. Sometimes it's even more devious. But I guarantee, if you look hard enough, you'll find a hidden message in there somewhere. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

odysseus0101
2002-Apr-07, 03:48 PM
On 2002-04-07 09:27, David Hall wrote:
his line...hide a secret message...I say

So you admit it! The HBs were right all along!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

jrkeller
2002-Apr-26, 02:55 PM
I was just surfing the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal Photos and noticed this gem.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a16/AS16-109-17800.jpg

which from a rear view clearly shows the triangular flap on John Young's suit.

I can see a lot of research went into this hoax site.

JayUtah
2002-Apr-26, 03:13 PM
There are many photos showing Young's forward OPS flap extended as shown. Since Apollo 16 was given an abbreviated suit donning procedure for EVA-1, it's obvious the flap didn't make it under the main flap -- the one with the snap at the apex. The forward flap is pinned against Young's VHF antenna by the point of the main flap wedged against its base.

The argument is actually David Percy's. He claims it's the rear, main OPS flap, not the forward flap. And he claims that since it's clearly not seen in the video to be attached to the rear of the OPS where it belongs, something is wrong with the video. Of course you can see the forward flap very clearly in the video.

And it took me about five minutes to find several photos of Young during EVA-1 clearly showing the forward flap -- not the rear flap -- extended. Had Percy done even the most cursory research, he would have found his answer. And if Percy were really as familiar with the OPS thermal cover as he implies, he'd know that the forward OPS flap is offset to the astronaut's right, just as we see in the photos and video. The rear flap is centered laterally.

And of course this has been brought to Aulis' attention again and again, but they simply refuse to address it. It's obvious why -- there's no way to establish the necessary distraction to allow them to write three paragraphs on it without answering the question.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-12, 11:46 AM
On 2002-04-07 09:27, David Hall wrote:
Of course, it's not always easy to find them. Sometimes you can just play the messages backwards, but sometimes you have to speed up or slow down the recording, or shift the frequency, or reverse each word and piece them together seperately in a specific order. Sometimes it's even more devious. But I guarantee, if you look hard enough, you'll find a hidden message in there somewhere. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Yeah, the HBs really are somethin', arent they?

But, if you listen to that Pause, in between the Two Lines, it's just about the Right Length, for him to have been Mumbling something under his Breath, like, "I can't Believe I just (expletive) did that!" before Continuing his Speech.

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Jun-12, 04:31 PM
On 2002-04-04 22:11, jrkeller wrote:
However, if these idiots had watched the entire video...

Please watch the personal attacks. Thanks.