PDA

View Full Version : Storm Chasing On A Jovian Planet-Flights of Literal Insanity

Mr. Milton Banana
2004-Jan-28, 10:56 PM
The ultimate to me, as a violent weather fan, would be to chase thunderstorms on Jupiter and Saturn. :D

But then, I'm a nut. :roll: :P

I've read the lightning has been detected on Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

I've read, however, that Neptune's lightning is as weak as Earth's.

KB3GIO
2004-Jan-29, 04:49 PM

I wouldn't exactly say the lightning on Earth is weak. I don't know about you, but when a lightning bolt can vary between 100 million and 1 billion volts, and exceed 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit...that wouldn't be my idea of weak (especially if I were hit with it). hehe.

But I hear ya, I'm sick of the boring storms here. Bring on the good stuff!!! :)

Josh.

Mr. Milton Banana
2004-Jan-30, 02:12 AM

I wouldn't exactly say the lightning on Earth is weak. I don't know about you, but when a lightning bolt can vary between 100 million and 1 billion volts, and exceed 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit...that wouldn't be my idea of weak (especially if I were hit with it). hehe.

But I hear ya, I'm sick of the boring storms here. Bring on the good stuff!!! :)

Josh.

Uhhhhhh-terrestrial lightning IS weak when you compare it to our Jovian counterparts. THAT'S what I mean. :P :P :P

:D

KB3GIO
2004-Jan-30, 06:42 AM
Uhhhhhh-terrestrial lightning IS weak when you compare it to our Jovian counterparts. THAT'S what I mean. :P :P :P

:D

Oh, ok, I get you now.

Well, hey, if you organize a storm chase for some other planets, let me know! :D