PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from CafePress

Roy Batty
2002-Apr-05, 08:55 PM
Um, just a warning from anyone ordering stuff from UK (or maybe from anywhere else outside US), I got my T-shirt, Cap & Mug today... they were most excellent!!! however, I didnt realise (because i didnt read the small print: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/shipping.aspx#1)
that customs charges (duty&tax) are payable by the receivee! I just paid the equivalent of an extra $10 on top of the $15 shipping charge at my local post office before I could get my goodies /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I dont regret ordering them, just a bit of shock thats all (altogether shipping was a 1/3 of cost!). I think I will write an email of complaint because I dont think this was made obvious on the ordering form.

Edited for spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roy Batty on 2002-04-05 16:00 ]</font>

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Apr-05, 08:59 PM
YEGADS! I am very sorry. I will put up a warning on my CafePress site right now.

Roy Batty
2002-Apr-05, 09:03 PM
Not your fault BA! I think its pretty poor of them to do this, or at least not to make it obvious when ordering.
Great T-shirt, hat & mug by the way /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif))

Roy Batty
2002-Apr-06, 08:53 AM
Actually, I think this is somewhat my 'bad'. Apparently its common practice for the receivee to be liable for customs duty on imported goods. Its just that customs cant be bothered to check most of the packages. I just got unlucky for the 1st time (in about 10). /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif