PDA

View Full Version : Close Call

closetgeek
2009-Sep-23, 01:04 PM
I did a quick search and couldn't find if someone else posted this already.

Close Call (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPHnTLmVGYU&feature=player_embedded)

It's a surveillance video of a convenience store parking lot where a 4yr old girl almost gets hit by a car. The video has no sound and it's about 40 seconds long. It just makes my heart jump into my throat and thought I would share. Talk about luck!

Neverfly
2009-Sep-23, 01:14 PM
A little background story would be nice...

closetgeek
2009-Sep-23, 01:18 PM
A little background story would be nice...

I got the you tube link from the MJ morning show site and there are some inappropriate photo's on that site. I didn't want to push it so I just went right to the source, sorry.

Fazor
2009-Sep-23, 01:25 PM
No, I think Nev means it'd be nice if a pretty sunset and some palm trees overlooking a peaceful shore were in the background. Security camera installers really need to learn how to better frame a scene!

;)

closetgeek
2009-Sep-23, 01:40 PM
Once upon a time in a magical place...

From my local news (http://cfnews13.com/News/CountyByCounty/CountyStories/2009/9/23/washington_video_shows_child_nearly_crushed_by_car .html)
I just heard them talking about it on tv :)

Neverfly
2009-Sep-23, 02:19 PM
No, I think Nev means it'd be nice if a pretty sunset and some palm trees overlooking a peaceful shore were in the background. Security camera installers really need to learn how to better frame a scene!

;)

That isn't what I was talking about at all!

Police said the driver of the car was backing up in the parking lot at a high rate of speed when she hit a pickup truck and smashed into the building.

The driver was booked into the Sunnyside jail on charges of reckless driving and driving on a suspended license.

A high rate of speed, indeed.

Shouldn't that be wreckful driving?

Fazor
2009-Sep-23, 02:21 PM
I never understand these accidents when alcohol or other intoxicants aren't involved. I mean, cars aren't that hard to control.

closetgeek
2009-Sep-23, 02:25 PM
The drivers' license was already suspended so I venture to say it is a possibility that she has a hard time controlling her vehicle.

Fazor
2009-Sep-23, 02:27 PM
We had one here in town last week where a woman had her license suspended for alcohol / drug problems, so she did the next most responsible thing; instead of driving, she decided to try to teach her unlicensed, "mentally disabled" neighbor / friend / whatever to drive.

He promptly jumped a curb and ran the car through a garage. Fortunately no one was hurt. She was charged with wrongful entrustment or something.