PDA

View Full Version : Is there even something to this?

favole
2009-Oct-06, 03:57 PM
Hello again, as most of you know I am 14 years and live in sweden so I dont know so mutch about the universe and I am not so good at english.

So lets get started, I have been afraid of 2012 for 6 months now and it is verry hard. Most of my fears has been debunked here on baut but now it is still one i need to find out the truth about.

I dont know the name for the theory but i will post it here.

After 2012, planet Earth will pass to another dimension.

All the theories about year 2000, when life on Earth will collapse, are fortunately wrong and gone. But it seems that more and more arguments are bringing us to the conclusion that in the year 2012 something will happen with us and our planet.

Before arguing about this though, lets try to collect some information's and to ask our self: Are we ready for the year 2012?

Our planet is manifesting like a huge electrical circuit. Between Terra and Ionosphere ca. 55 kilometers, exist a kind of electro-magnetic cavity. This cavity emit vibrations (resonance), which were discovered by the german physician W.O.Schumann, between 1952 - 1957.

"Heart beat" of the Earth is accelerating

Resonance Schumann, is actually for the scientists like the heart beat of the Earth. The value of this vibration is for thousand years 7,8Hz. Starting with 1980 we could observe a slow acceleration, but from 1997 the acceleration value growl faster, so we can observe today 12Hz value of the vibration.

Because of this increase of value, 24 hours we have in one day, became normally only 16 real hours (on Earth time). This can be a good reason for time crisis we experience this days. The consequences of this phenomena can't be calculated and are out of any kind of imagination: the whole planet and all people will pass into another dimension.

Increase of vibration will progressive lower the Earth density. People will experience some changes because of this effects: migraine, muscles pain, chronically tiredness, cramps, flu symptoms and weird dreams. The human body is getting weaker, but the most spectacular change will take place on D.N.A. molecule (this will be reprogrammed). Following this thoughts, the intuition will increase very fast, together with all paranormal characteristic of human kind. The third eye will open and the two eyes everyone got start to see better (the normal light with all the spectral).

Mayan calendar has predicted the end of this civilization stage in the year 2012.

Writer and guide of sacred places on the planet, Gregg Braden, known from he's two books: "Awakening in Point Zero" and "Moving between Worlds". After that in he's youth has experienced two times a clinical dead, has dedicated he's whole life researching. Aeronautical engineer, he demonstrated that the Earth rotation has slowed down. He clamed the demonstration of Schumann theory about Earth vibrations.

Braden affirm: when Earth will stop rotating and the frequency of vibration will be 13 Hz, Earth will be on Point Zero of he's magnetic field. After two or three days of relax, the Earth will start to change rotation on the opposite side and will make the magnetic pole to change position. From this affirmations, he extract the next consequences:

1: The time look to pass faster by getting closer Point Zero. Moving from 12 Hz (this days value), to 13 Hz, the Schumann frequency will stop, this will caused the change of magnetic pole's.
Point Zero will also represent the point all the people get into the 4th dimension (first step on the 5th dimension). On this evolutionary level our whishes and thoughts will be instant (corresponding astral level). This Point Zero has been mention in the old Mayan calendarTzolkin - the one said the end of this civilization moment will end on 2012.

If the jump into the 4th dimension will take place in 2012, in 2013 we will find our self in the 5th dimension.

2: Passing to another step after Point Zero (predicted with thousandths of years ago by many civilizations), is finally getting reality.

This kind of "jumps"are taking place once in 13.000 years, when Earth is making a complete revolution (rotation) around the Central Sun of our galaxy.

3. Is very possible after passing Point Zero to have a rising sun from west and sunset to east. Lot of ancient writhing are mention this transformation in the old times.

4. The biggest part of known technologies will collapse and won't be operational. Exception will make the free energy utilization discovered by Nicola Tesla a century ago. Offered to us on different stages by extraterrestrials, this technology has being kept secret by already known World Conspiracy.

Maya Calendar has predict al this changes and the fact that we will reach the natural stage of universal harmonies.

How is this mutation to another dimension going to be?

By increasing of this Earth vibration, the whole planet with all it is on it will change. The human organism, conscience and behavior of the people will change too. It is very difficult to describe such a special phenomena (even for the scientists). Seems that this kind of "jump" took place in the Pleiade galaxy a long time ago (theoretically demonstrated).

Nobody can say exactly how is going to be, but we can risk some speculations about it:

- Before 2012, the humans that posses a higher evolutionary stage will open the "gate" for the rest.

- Religious way says: the believers will be more close by God and they will open that kind of gate (i personally don't share this theory).

Some humans will realize this transformations in they're own bodies (changed off course). The rest of them (less prepared), will loose they're bodies on this third dimension to gain another kind of bodies (more sensitive) in the fourth dimension.

Changes of the magnetic pole's

Above: Supercomputer models of Earth's magnetic field. On the left is a normal dipolar magnetic field, typical of the long years between polarity reversals. On the right is the sort of complicated magnetic field Earth has during the upheaval of a reversal.

The space satellite's placed around the Earth brought us enough information's about movement of the magnetic pole's.

Magnetic north pole of the Earth is in continue movement. At this moment is approaching the geographic north pole.

Geographic north pole is normally the magnetic south pole of the Earth. That means: magnetic north pole is coming closer by magnetic south pole. When this two pole's are close enough an inversion will take place and the magnetic pole's will change position.

The "Science et Avenir" magazine (science and future) published in june 2002 data's received from two satellite's: Oestered - launched in 1999 and Magsat - launched 20 years ago. Published data was sustained by scientists from Earth Physics Institute in Paris (France). They researched transformations the magnetic pole's and fields our planet suffered the last 20 years. Also they demonstrated that this kind of transformations take place once in 250.000 years, but this theory can't be sustained.

At the moment it's located in northern Canada, about 600 km from the nearest town: Resolute Bay, population 300, where a popular T-shirt reads "Resolute Bay isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here." Newitt stops there for snacks and supplies--and refuge when the weather gets bad.

Right: The movement of Earth's north magnetic pole across the Canadian arctic, 1831--2001. Credit: Geological Survey of Canada.

Scientists have long known that the magnetic pole moves. James Ross located the pole for the first time in 1831 after an exhausting arctic journey during which his ship got stuck in the ice for four years. No one returned until the next century. In 1904, Roald Amundsen found the pole again and discovered that it had moved--at least 50 km since the days of Ross.

The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating "to 40 km per year". At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades.

Earth's magnetic field is changing in other ways, too: Compass needles in Africa, for instance, are drifting about 1 degree per decade. And globally the magnetic field has weakened 10% since the 19th century. When this was mentioned by researchers at a recent meeting of the American Geophysical Union, many newspapers carried the story. A typical headline: "Is Earth's magnetic field collapsing?"

WE WILL BE PERFECT ... or gone ...

I think it sounds silly but on some spots he has some good arguments so I don't know what to belive. Is this woowoo or something to be worried about?

NOTE: I am verry sorry to do an other 2012 thread but when my other one was locked i was calm but the a class mate of mine send the post above to the entire class. So I am verry verry sorry, I hope you wont be to mad at me but I need to ask about these things beacuse they are a problem to me.

/favole.

samkent
2009-Oct-06, 04:29 PM
It's all bunk!

Gillianren
2009-Oct-06, 04:31 PM
It's not just bunk, it's silly. I have no problem with silly in its place, but no paper using the phrase "mutation to a new dimension" should ever be taken seriously.

favole
2009-Oct-06, 04:43 PM
So there is nothing to be worried about? :)

Some of hes arguments does sound SILLY I know but I am only 14 and aint so good at english so it is a bitt hard to understand everthing.

But thank you for quick answers.

I will add that on hes website he had post about ufo's and 9/11 and eveything seem'd very strange ''woowoo:P''

/favole

Neverfly
2009-Oct-06, 04:55 PM
Because of this increase of value, 24 hours we have in one day, became normally only 16 real hours (on Earth time

Some days... I might actually believe this one...

Meh, that entire quote was so chock full of nonsense, one doesn't know where to begin disseminating it.

favole
2009-Oct-06, 05:09 PM
Do you mean that you think that time is going faster (16 hours aday and not 24)?

Edit: I dont think that could leed to some ''End of the world'' thing.

Neverfly
2009-Oct-06, 05:22 PM
Do you mean that you think that time is going faster (16 hours aday and not 24)?

No, I was being humorous.
Some days, it feels like there aren't enough hours in a day.

I will go ahead and try to disseminate:

After 2012, planet Earth will pass to another dimension.
What dimension?
This is one of those common misconceptions (ala Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles) that dimensions are 'other realms.' Like an alternate dimension where everything is similar but colored purple or clocks tick backwards or something.

In science, this simply is not what a dimension is. Any dimension to the universe is a dimensional aspect of it. That means that we exist "in" all of them.
You cannot pass from one dimension into another one. You can only perceive which aspects of a dimension are "visible" to you.

That the quoted bit starts off so badly is a huge indicator that it's gibberish.

I'll have to do more later. reading the rest is giving me a headache, either from laughing or utter disbelief at how a person can tie totally unrelated natural processes into such extreme absurdities.

ETA to your ETA: It cannot lead to anything remotely as that quote described.

Fazor
2009-Oct-06, 05:28 PM
Is there already a doomsday set to follow 2012, or should I begin formulating my plan to cash in once we make it through that December?

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-06, 05:52 PM
I dont know the name for the theory but i will post it here.
That whole zero point, dimension, zone and frequency stuff sounds like somebody is just trying to throw extra words in to make it too hard to follow up with because all the other points have been thoroughly debunked. To me it sounds like buzzwords for "the next edition of the calender".

Of course, they also needed to pull the alien technology wildcard too.

But; about this magnetic pole shift discussion. How does it relate to a time scale of 3 years? The whole discussion is about things that are happening over thousands of years.

Also they demonstrated that this kind of transformations take place once in 250.000 years, but this theory can't be sustained.
Why can't the theory be maintained? Especially with the excellent magnetic record in the ocean floor.

The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating "to 40 km per year". At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades.
Why would that be a problem?

Earth's magnetic field is changing in other ways, too: Compass needles in Africa, for instance, are drifting about 1 degree per decade.
Or a shift in about 18000 years. Not a problem. I'm sure our technology will be able to keep up.
Besides, the change is not an "other way". It's the same change just measured differently.

When this was mentioned by researchers at a recent meeting of the American Geophysical Union, many newspapers carried the story. A typical headline: "Is Earth's magnetic field collapsing?"
When the media can't out-do each other with an outrageous headline, then I think I may be concerned.

I think it sounds silly but on some spots he has some good arguments so I don't know what to belive.
That whole discussion seems so strange, that maybe you can point out the spots that you think have good arguments. I can't spot them among the garbage.

NOTE: I am verry sorry to do an other 2012 thread but when my other one was locked i was calm but the a class mate of mine send the post above to the entire class.
Of course, a 14 year old is going to have his hands on information that all the media in the entire world is able to keep under wraps.

So I am verry verry sorry, I hope you wont be to mad at me but I need to ask about these things beacuse they are a problem to me.
That's all part of growing up. Over time it will get easier (assuming you learn from your misdirections).

favole
2009-Oct-06, 06:05 PM
Wow thank you! :) Well now when i have read all these posts it the only have one frase thats sound like something and it's this one.

''Seems that this kind of "jump" took place in the Pleiade galaxy a long time ago (theoretically demonstrated).'' But I think it sounds strange that a whole galaxy would go in to 5 dimensions and nothing else would happen to the universe.

Swift
2009-Oct-06, 06:19 PM
favole,

As a general rule, there is a good way to deal with these kinds of claims. If someone proposes that some extraordinary, truly amazing thing is going to happen (whether good or bad), then they need extraordinary, truly amazing evidence to support it.

If a friend tells you they are bringing you a cake, that's not very strange, and it seems reasonable to believe it. If they tell you they are bringing you an elephant, well, that seems highly doubtful. And saying, "no really I am" wouldn't really prove it. You should expect to see some photos of the elephant, maybe some paperwork from Customs, a receipt for the shipping cost.

And don't forget, if your friend sends you such such things in the future, it is up to them (or the website they are telling you about) to prove such an extraordinary thing, it is not up to you to disprove it.

captain swoop
2009-Oct-06, 08:19 PM
If a friend tells you they are bringing you a cake, that's not very strange, and it seems reasonable to believe it. If they tell you they are bringing you an elephant, well, that seems highly doubtful. And saying, "no really I am" wouldn't really prove it. You should expect to see some photos of the elephant, maybe some paperwork from Customs, a receipt for the shipping cost.

Or at least bring you the Elephant they promised, not a Duck they claim is an Elephant.

Orion's Fan
2009-Oct-06, 08:44 PM
Since supposedly Nostradamus predicted the "2012" cataclysm, I am hoping never to hear another word about his supposed "predictions" beginning in January of 2013. That day can't come soon enough.

Fazor
2009-Oct-06, 08:50 PM
Since supposedly Nostradamus predicted the "2012" cataclysm, I am hoping never to hear another word about his supposed "predictions" beginning in January of 2013. That day can't come soon enough.

Well see, that's the marvelous thing about Ol' Nosty. AFAIK he never specifically mentions the 2012 date; people have just matched his vague words up in a way that appears like he was referencing it. Therefore, when it comes and goes, it in no way damages his predictions.

Instead, interest will fade for a bit, like it always does, until something happens, and they can match one of his vague "prophecies" to it after-the-fact, and renew the "Oh my gosh! This guy's amazing!" hype.

Blah. Blah I say!

slang
2009-Oct-06, 09:01 PM
Blah. Blah I say!

Thus beating Nostradamus in eloquence, accuracy and usefulness. And more.

Gillianren
2009-Oct-06, 09:01 PM
People have matched his vague quatrains to events that will happen far into the fourth millennium. Don't hold your breath.

Nowhere Man
2009-Oct-06, 10:54 PM
Trust me, as you get older, time seems to speed up. Summers don't seem half as long now as they did when I was a pre-teenager.

Fred

chrlzs
2009-Oct-07, 12:41 AM
Wow thank you! :) Well now when i have read all these posts it the only have one frase thats sound like something and it's this one.

''Seems that this kind of "jump" took place in the Pleiade galaxy a long time ago (theoretically demonstrated).'' But I think it sounds strange that a whole galaxy would go in to 5 dimensions and nothing else would happen to the universe.

Let's look at it. First of all, he refers to a 'vibration' causing the 'jump', but in fact he is referring to the 'Schumann' resonances. Which is nothing more than resonances in the Earth's EMF, caused simply (and predictably) by the fact that the atmosphere is a 'closed loop' for the EMF caused by electrical discharges (ie lightning). It HAS to have resonances... His numbers are wrong by the way. If you are seriously interested in it, check out the Wiki page (Schumann_resonances) -it's a very good coverage.

Next, he associates this with a 'jump', but without any explanation whatsoever. He says it took place in the Pleiades (which is NOT a galaxy!!), but offers nothing to support that - how does he know? What sources, what verification? Nothing, yet he says "theoretically demonstrated"?????

When you read stuff like that, alarm bells should be going off...

Favole, when examining such drivel (I'm sorry, I can't think of any better word..) remember a few things, and apply a logical approach - otherwise you will end up fantasising your way through life and believing every ridiculous claim you find..

1. It's easy to post any made-up-garbage on the web.

2. It's easy to spam a few conspiracy/woo-woo boards and get people to follow it/believe it (although I'll wager many are simply playing games when they do so).

3. It's also VERY easy to research such things. Ask yourself (and find out):

- is the purveyor selling anything?

- is the purveyor a credible source (properly qualified and recognised)

- is the information verified by credible sources?

- do the conclusions logically follow?

- are there other explanations that are simpler or more likely?

Good luck. Maybe next time you post something like this, you could show us how you have done research on some of the topics, and cite links and references, why you think they might be credible, and your own conclusions and suggestions of where they might be in error.

Having an agile, analytical mind will stand you in very good stead for all aspects of your life.. (If only I had one...:sad:)

Starfury
2009-Oct-07, 01:15 AM
So there is nothing to be worried about? :)

I will add that on hes website he had post about ufo's and 9/11 and eveything seem'd very strange ''woowoo:P''

/favole

That should be your first clue not to pay any attention to anything that nonsensical site has to offer.

Neverfly
2009-Oct-07, 01:38 AM
Let's look at it. First of all, he refers to a 'vibration' causing the 'jump', but in fact he is referring to the 'Schumann' resonances. Which is nothing more than resonances in the Earth's EMF, caused simply (and predictably) by the fact that the atmosphere is a 'closed loop' for the EMF caused by electrical discharges (ie lightning). It HAS to have resonances... His numbers are wrong by the way. If you are seriously interested in it, check out the Wiki page (Schumann_resonances) -it's a very good coverage.

I actually read that Wikipedia page, as well.
I thought about posting the link, but I am so ignorant about Schumann_resonances, that I was cautious about recommending it as reading. I cannot vouch for its accuracy. I'm glad to see that someone else is verifying it.

But it was amusing.

How in 'tarnation' that guy managed to tie Schumann resonances into somehow making the Earth jump into some non existent dimension... That is a bit like claiming that a piano player in Hong Kong is going to strike a note that resonates with the Universe and creates a White Hole in New York.

Orion's Fan
2009-Oct-07, 02:24 AM
That is a bit like claiming that a piano player in Hong Kong is going to strike a note that resonates with the Universe and creates a White Hole in New York.

Isn't this predicted in one of Nostradamus' other quatrains? :lol:

Ufonaut99
2009-Oct-07, 02:28 AM

And that phrase is as empty of meaning as the rest :)

There is no Pleiade (or Pleiades) galaxy ! There's the beautiful Pleiades Cluster (http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap081209.html), which is effectively a "stellar nursery" around 400 light years away (ie. well within our Milky Way galaxy), easily seen with the naked eye at night.

But a cluster is not the same thing as a galaxy at all, so the article is either referring to something that doesn't exist, or confuses the two terms - either way, demonstrating no credibility whatsoever.

Luckmeister
2009-Oct-07, 03:38 AM
Hi favole. Give that classmate a link to BAUT. If he's copying that stuff and giving it to everyone, he needs to come here.

I think you're very fortunate to have discovered this board at your age. It will be a good resource for you. :)

Mike

favole
2009-Oct-07, 05:18 PM
Edit: So now I have made som changes so this is NOT the same message I got.

''Some people say that it can be disposed of because it is just a theory but didn't all scientific truths begin as theories? I'm not trying to scare you, just wanted to shed some light.

Basically his theory states that the universe consists of "novelty" or "newness". Basically as human life progresses we are constantly evolving just like the universe is expanding. His theory says that on Dec 21, 2012 the level of "novelty" in the universe plateaus, and no longer increases. Basically if he is right there will be a catastrophic event on this date, it may be good, it may be bad, but it will change the universe and human life.'' ( This is about the timewave zero stuff).

Is there anything to that stuff?

If it is still not allowed for me to post it please tell me, but I have made some changes in the message so it is not the same i got.

CJSF
2009-Oct-07, 05:22 PM
I would point out that posting PMs is against board policy, perhaps even with permission of the other person. Definitely not allowed without it.

Otherwise, this "theory" makes no sense whatever, and you should ignore it. If anything major happens on Dec 21, 2012 it will be purely coincidental to any "theories" or "predictions" you've heard.

I suggest doing something positive and constructive and put this fear behind you. There's nothing to be concerned with.

CJSF

favole
2009-Oct-07, 05:27 PM
Okey I did not know that I was not allowed to post pm's I will delete it.

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-07, 05:50 PM
His theory says that on Dec 21, 2012 the level of "novelty" in the universe plateaus, and no longer increases. Basically if he is right there will be a catastrophic event on this date, it may be good, it may be bad, but it will change the universe and human life.''
So; reaching my brain while reading this, it gets translated to.
"When the universe stops changing it will change drastically." :think:

Gillianren
2009-Oct-07, 06:00 PM
Some people say that it can be disposed of because it is just a theory but didn't all scientific truths begin as theories?

I don't know if this is a translation issue, but it is assuredly wrong. This vague concept is not a theory by any standards of the scientific meaning of the term. A theory, you see, has evidence, not just wild speculation. Anyone who says "just a theory" clearly doesn't know the meaning of the word to science. A theory is about as strong as you can get in science. It means it has a lot of evidence behind it and has survived many tests intended to falsify it. Random babbling, as you have presented to us here, does not qualify as a theory. Frankly, I wouldn't call it one in the colloquial sense of the term, either. To me, even if you're not using the scientific meaning, there should be something behind what you say, some reason to say it.

Fazor
2009-Oct-07, 06:22 PM
So; reaching my brain while reading this, it gets translated to.
"When the universe stops changing it will change drastically." :think:

That's how I took it. And it fails to say why he "theorizes" (see Gillian's excellent post for why that's in quotes) that there's this dual evolution that will suddenly stop.

. . . not that I really care to know why he thinks that.

RobDegraves
2009-Oct-07, 06:25 PM
Favole

Just a quick bit from a history buff.

The mayans did not predict the end of the world in 2012. It is simply the end of the Long Count Calendar. Just like your calendar ends at the end of every year but the world doesn't end. It's a popular New Age theory but it's based on many misunderstanding of the Mayan culture and beliefs. One good example of this is that Mayans had a number of "city states" and each one tended to view matters differently. At Palenque, a Mayan city in southern Mexico, it seems that the Long Count calendar would have expired a while ago, and in other interpretation from different cities, the end would be nearly a trillion years in the future. It's a very complex subject, made harder by the lack of information left from that civilization. I blame the Spaniards.

I usually tell people that worry about 2012 that we can always apply the solution that the Mayans used to ward off the end of the world.

Just grab all the doomsayers, drag them to the top of a pyramid and rip their hearts out. That should satisfy the Gods. (note to the mods, I am just kidding on that last one.) :)

favole
2009-Oct-07, 07:07 PM
@ RobDegraves, Yes I know that the Mayan's never predicted the end of the world and if you read the whole thread you can see that I never say that I think that they did. But thank you anyway for the post.

As i recall Mckenna got most of hes parts to his theories from Out Of Body Experience's and therefore they are'nt worth to trust.

R.A.F.
2009-Oct-07, 07:13 PM
As i recall Mckenna got most of hes parts to his theories from Out Of Body Experience's and therefore they are'nt worth to trust?

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

favole
2009-Oct-07, 07:20 PM
Statement, i wrote wrong, however i dont know if it is true, but this thread aint about timewave zero so lets leave that behind.

Swift
2009-Oct-07, 07:29 PM
I usually tell people that worry about 2012 that we can always apply the solution that the Mayans used to ward off the end of the world.

Become part of the modern nations of Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala? Well, if you think that will work.....
:D

R.A.F.
2009-Oct-07, 07:30 PM
....i wrote wrong...

No problem....just curious. :)

Gillianren
2009-Oct-07, 08:09 PM
@ RobDegraves, Yes I know that the Mayan's never predicted the end of the world and if you read the whole thread you can see that I never say that I think that they did. But thank you anyway for the post.

Well, except the reason so many people claim it's all going to happen in 2012 has to do with the Mayan calendar, even if they never mention it. That's why it's the year they reference. You'll note it's always 2012, and there's never a reason given that isn't either Nostradamus or the Mayans--and if it's Nostradamus, the Mayans usually come in somewhere anyway.

Van Rijn
2009-Oct-07, 08:14 PM
As i recall Mckenna got most of hes parts to his theories from Out Of Body Experience's and therefore they are'nt worth to trust.

Well, he said himself that he developed a lot of his ideas while taking psychedelic drugs. I don't take his interpretations of his drug trips very seriously.

Mr Gorsky
2009-Oct-09, 08:24 AM
Well, he said himself that he developed a lot of his ideas while taking psychedelic drugs. I don't take his interpretations of his drug trips very seriously.

Certain musicians of the 1960s may have also written many things under the influence of psychedelic drugs (allegedly) but accurate predictions of future cataclysmic events weren't among them.

BertL
2009-Oct-09, 02:27 PM
Hallucinations and psychedelic trips are pretty much perpendicular to seeing the actual world and stating facts. Sure, perhaps you may be "enlightened" in some way or another a few times, but it mostly results in you getting more creative: e.g. certain musicians of the 1960s. Now creativity isn't a bad thing, but being creative with your perception doesn't make what you think you see any more true. :)

Gillianren
2009-Oct-09, 04:08 PM
Put it this way--I wouldn't post every idea I had in the grips of full-fledged mania, either. You need a filter. The issue, to me, is not the validity of the mechanism--which I don't think is completely valid, and certainly not "medical"--but the quality of the filter. I can guarantee you that those much-vaunted drug-addled artists (not just of the '60s, either, even if we're including the 1860s) produced a lot of stuff that wasn't worth a thing. The filter's the important bit here, and it doesn't seem to be very effective in this case.

Anla'Shok
2009-Oct-09, 07:17 PM
''Some people say that it can be disposed of because it is just a theory but didn't all scientific truths begin as theories?

'All Elephants are gray, but not all gray things are elephants.'
Dr Sheldon Cooper, Big Bang Theory

I have had that quote in my head for some time just looking for somewhere to drop it.

Sorry for the late post, just saw the thread. It has been weeks since I last browsed.

favole
2009-Oct-10, 01:35 PM
Okey so I debunked that text for my class mate and then he sends me this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLPJ9KdbzQ&feature=fvw .

One more thing that scares me is that history channel and fox are doing show about this stuff, when something like the end of the world theorys goes out in to public televison peapole will take it seriosly.

And that is one other thing that scares me, if channels like the history channel makes show about it, then there might be some thing to this?
Other wise wy would the history channel make shows about it?:sad:

Neverfly
2009-Oct-10, 01:56 PM
Okey so I debunked that text for my class mate and then he sends me this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLPJ9KdbzQ&feature=fvw .

One more thing that scares me is that history channel and fox are doing show about this stuff, when something like the end of the world theorys goes out in to public televison peapole will take it seriosly.

And that is one other thing that scares me, if channels like the history channel makes show about it, then there might be some thing to this?

Ratings.

It gets viewers.

favole
2009-Oct-10, 02:03 PM
And money. :P

sorry for that panic frase

''And that is one other thing that scares me, if channels like the history channel makes show about it, then there might be some thing to this?
Other wise wy would the history channel make shows about it?''

I am angry at the history channel, cuse they make shows about peapoles deepest fears and tell them that is is true. When I saw one of the programs the said that the '' I ching'' was a doomsday profetsy.

Neverfly
2009-Oct-10, 02:08 PM
And money. :P

sorry for that panic frase

''And that is one other thing that scares me, if channels like the history channel makes show about it, then there might be some thing to this?
Other wise wy would the history channel make shows about it?''

I am angry at the history channel, cuse they make shows about peapoles deepest fears and tell them that is is true. When I saw one of the programs the said that the '' I ching'' was a doomsday profetsy.

I agree completely.

The Learning Channel and the History Channel (FoX never was any good) have both gone this route.

I stopped watching both a long time ago...

favole
2009-Oct-10, 04:35 PM
Sorry to ask again but there is still one more thing that bugs me, and that is the claim that the universe will reset to the time of it's creation. I dont know if I sould belive it or not please explain wy it is wrong ( if it is)

BertL
2009-Oct-10, 04:49 PM
Sorry to ask again but there is still one more thing that bugs me, and that is the claim that the universe will reset to the time of it's creation. I dont know if I sould belive it or not please explain wy it is wrong ( if it is)
Why would it possibly be right? Have you ever heard of such an outlandish thing?

Remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If somebody is going to say something as huge as the universe resetting itself will happen, he or she will need to provide some huge evidence to show that it will actually happen.

Neverfly
2009-Oct-10, 04:50 PM

Why would it?

Does a spilled glass of milk right itself and gush backwards into the glass?

favole
2009-Oct-10, 04:54 PM
The person you told me that the universe resets bilve in god and are a new ager.

She says '' it have happend before''.

The only thing she has fore an evidence is that she says ''prove me wrong, there is no evidence that is have not reset it self before''

So there you go, i know it is not a vaild argument but it keeps a 14 year old kid awake a night.

BertL
2009-Oct-10, 05:08 PM
The only thing she has fore an evidence is that she says ''prove me wrong, there is no evidence that is have not reset it self before''
She makes the claim, she needs to provide evidence. Saying "prove that they didn't" doesn't mean a thing. One thing you could do is say "there's an invisible elf on my shoulder. Prove me wrong".

favole
2009-Oct-10, 05:13 PM
"is time condensing? is time speeding up?" is 2012 the END OF TIME? IMO YES! and its about time.

universe resets to where it was at the time of creation. this has happened before.

creation....7 days....god.....adam eve.....hell?.....no.....just you....and me.....forget those last 2.....its just US......not U.S but us, we, from every body to every one.

2012 isnt about battleing the forces of GOD and trying to survive another BIBLICAL disaster. its about sitting down and finally acknowledging our shortcomings, failures, weaknesses, and HUMAN ADDICTIONS as ONE being. we are all interconnected whether you like it or not, THIS IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, its not youtube/internet extrapolation.

INFINATE POSSIBILITY, INFINATE POTENTIALITY.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD! now is the time......

there you go, i know it must sound silly that i am worried about this stuff but i cant help it.

NickW
2009-Oct-10, 05:28 PM
Just because someone says it is "scientifically proven" doesn't make it so. Its like saying "It's scientifically proven that monkeys spontaneously turn into leaping leprichuans".

And capitalizing it doesn't make it more true.

Neverfly
2009-Oct-10, 05:36 PM
there you go, i know it must sound silly that i am worried about this stuff but i cant help it.

Favole... when I was 14, I entertained some interesting notions.

To be blunt, by asking questions, you are showing more maturity than I had at your age.

Not that I show much maturity now...http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/40.gif

Anyway... It all is a learning process. Critical thinking is a learning process. It does not happen immediately, just as learning math or science does not happen immediately.
I'm going to post a link
http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html
Read each one. Take time to really think about how often you use each one of these in daily life.
Think about how often you hear them..

And think especially hard about why they are fallacies.

In your quote, the statement is made:

It's scientifically proven.

Let me be clear: Nothing in science is ever proven. Ever.
Science does not work that way and if you see someone claiming something was proven by science- it demonstrates that they do not know science.

Science makes observations in order to theorize the most accurate Model of reality that it can.

That is all it does.

Models can be changed with new and better observations. That's science. It can create a model that says it's 99.999999999999999999999999% likely that water is wet. But it can never prove that water is wet.

BertL
2009-Oct-10, 06:18 PM
Sorry, but that was one big load of incoherent nonsense right there.

Gillianren
2009-Oct-10, 06:42 PM

My first piece of advice is to ignore Fox entirely. You'll be better informed.

As to the History Channel . . . well, there's a lot of knowing what to watch involved there, and it makes me very upset about how much more of that it takes than it used to. Yesterday morning, I saw a very interesting show about humans in the Americas--mostly, actually, they talked about humans in what would become Los Angeles, because there's a very good source of fossils (albeit mostly not human ones) in downtown--and it was, based on what I remember from trips to the museum they showed in it, accurate and informative. I think the show about the "Lost Pyramid" they'd played before it was pretty good, too. The best guide I can offer is to ignore anything with the word "Nostradamus" in it. "Doomsday" is probably another one worth avoiding, though they have put that in actual educational programming once or twice. "Da Vinci" sounds as though it should be right out, but they've played a very good debunking show now and again.

2009-Oct-10, 06:58 PM

You can help it.

Did you read Demon-Haunted World yet?

Are you using your baloney detection kit?

Stop being helpless.

==========================

Edit:

No I dont think anything will happen on Dec 21 2012, I think it's strange that it has gone as far as it have.

I just did this to another article, but this one is just as deserving. This is for those searchers who might be drawn to this topic because of the manifold appearances of the string "2012". The rest of you can go on about your business.

Here are some BAUT Forum topics that have addressed aspects of predictions for year 2012, and some allied articles:

2003 no, 2012 si (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=03179)
2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=03181)
End of Mayan Calendar (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=04509)
Pole shift / Planetary alignment 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=07145)
2012 alignment question (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=09421)
about the Mayan 2012 item (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=10214)
2012 Debunking? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=10724)
Possible asteroid impact in 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=10924)
2012 asteroid? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=13592)
We don't have to worry about 2012! (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=16490)
More on 2012 from India Daily (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=16709)
2012 Completion of conspiracy? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=17667)
Here's what's REALLY going to happen in 2012... (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=18322)
crop circles, Planet X and 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=18375)
Planet X, crop circles and 2012 cataclysma (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=18378)
According to the Mayans, what will happen on 23rd Dec. 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=18757)
More 2012 Nonsense (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=19201)
NEO 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=20191)
Dangerous NEO in 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=20539)
Christmas 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=23941)
2012 mayan calender end of world (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=30892)
Regarding the supposed polar shift/new ice age in 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=31452)
New 2012 threat? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=32413)
2012 look at this thing on the sun (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=35462)
Russian Expert Predicts Global Cooling from 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=38978)
Pole shift idea origins (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=43775)
Dec 20 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=46117)
2012 Stuff (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=51021)
No reply previous question (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=52297)
Horizon Project-New End of World Scare? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=53788)
Date: December 21st 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=53831)
Earth passing thru Galactic center in 2012 - didn't that already happen? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=53904)
2012: What do you think well happen (if anything) (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=53924)
So what will we see in 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=54404)
Galactic Tsunami? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=54418)
Plane of the ecliptic of the galaxy? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=55312)
Earth's Magnetic Field & 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=55386)
2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=56513)
Any truth to this? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=58039)
How can the sun be aligned with Galactic centre? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=63109)
the whole 2012 poles flip nonsense (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=63449)
Planet X Official Advertisement (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=65831)
What year are we in (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=66055)
Quick question about the sun (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=66221)
Galactic Alignment (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=66414)
Books of 2012! - (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=67663)
2007 = 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=67908)
Return of Planet X By Rand (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=67948)
Don Alejandro - Mayan Elder. (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=67954)
Toutatis 4179: 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=68472)
Galactic Alignment in 2012 ? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=68661)
Solar Storms (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=68907)
A real prediction! (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=69448)
NIBURU - Brown Dwarf, The DESTROYER (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=70163)
2012 Galactic Alignment (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=70260)
Not 2012 again! But I cant help it~ (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=70438)
New evidence for 2012 TEOTWAWKI!!! (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=70795)
this may be a silly question but... (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=71061)
Just to know if this is true (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=71216)
Just Wondering... (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=71633)
Planet X/Nibiru, is it real? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=72398)
Youv heard this a million times. (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=72777)
Nibaru or Planet X (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=73180)
Mayan calendar (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=73414)
2012 Article? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=73492)
can i say something please on planet x (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=73579)
Nibiru (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=73654)
The growing earth.... :P (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=74164)
Our Solar System's Eclipse of the Galactic Plane on Dec 21, 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=74615)
Something scaring the hell out of me.... (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=74881)
It's Only the end of the World AGAIN!!! (Woo Woo Alert) (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=76346)
2021 Doomsday (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=77802)
is it just me or is the milky way brighter..? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=77955)
Polar Shift in 2012? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=78219)
I would like to ask about Nubiru stuff... (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=78719)
Bit behind the times, my appologies... (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=78966)
the "pole shift thing" (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=79146)
All the Truth about 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=79425)
Confused about 2012 (yes, another one!) (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=79817)
Another paranoia mind due to 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=80144)
novelty theory (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=80949)
Possibility of Pole Shift (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=81227)
2012 Vectors (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=81304)
Nibiru Question (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=81363)
Odd things floating on google sky (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=82312)
2012 end of the world? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=86195)
2012 and Solar Storms? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=87388)
Nibiru (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=88006)
Sun polar shift weirdness. (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=89521)
Question? [2012] (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=89525)
December 21st 2012 (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=91235)
UN Agenda 21 and the coming pole reversal scare (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=92451)
Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=93709)
Is there even something to this? (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=94538)
We're not the only ones fighting 2012 nonsense (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=94834)

Universe Today: No Doomsday in 2012 (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05/19/no-doomsday-in-2012/)
Bad Astronomy Blog: 2012, the year nothing will happen (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2008/05/19/2012-the-year-nothing-will-happen/)
Universe Today: 2012: No Planet X (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05/25/2012-no-planet-x/)
Universe Today: 2012: Planet X is not Nibiru (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/06/19/2012-planet-x-is-not-nibiru/)
Universe Today: 2012: No Killer Solar Flare (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/06/21/2012-no-killer-solar-flare/)
Universe Today: 2012: No Geomagnetic Reversal (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/10/03/2012-no-geomagnetic-reversal/)
Universe Today: 2012: No Comet (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/12/21/2012-no-comet/)
Universe Today: Another Voice Against 2012 Mania (http://www.universetoday.com/2009/02/15/another-voice-against-2012-mania/)
Universe Today: 2012: Combat the Nonsense (http://www.universetoday.com/2009/10/14/2012-combat-the-nonsense/)

Astronomical Society of the Pacific: Doomsday 2012, the Planet Nibiru, and Cosmophobia (http://www.astrosociety.org/2012/ab2009-32.pdf) (PDF)

favole
2009-Oct-11, 05:31 PM
Hello! I was reading some posts here on the forum, then I found this one, I dont really know what it means I am not afraid but here it is.
Anyone hear of the Technology Singularity?
Its like Mckenna's Timewave Zero, but with less thrills.
Nonetheless, I am equally unimpressed with under-zealous "scientific" dogma.
It would be refreshing for people to try and understand what makes people say or think certain things - to reach common understandings instead of subscribing to material reductionism which when taked too far leads only to Nhilism.

Objective evaluation is only half of the equation when there exists a whole Universe of Subjective human experiences. The truth is whitnessed as both As far as I know so has the technology singularity nothing to do with 2012, am I right?

SpitfireIX
2009-Oct-11, 05:37 PM

You realize, of course, that proponents of the 2012 cataclysm will suddenly discover a "math error" that "proves" that the world will actually end in 2015. "Take heart; it's still not too late to prepare. Just send $19.95 (plus shipping and handling) to us and we'll tell you how." :liar:

favole
2009-Oct-11, 06:19 PM
Yes this is what I heard two months ago, I am NOT afraid of this beacuse I know this is rubbish.

In the year 2025 all the pover plants in the world will be over heated and there will be a melt down from every power plant in the world. :/

When will the doomsday peapole stop?

Grashtel
2009-Oct-11, 07:49 PM
In the year 2025 all the pover plants in the world will be over heated and there will be a melt down from every power plant in the world. :/
My immediate response to that is even the windmills and dams? :)

Sometime after people stop paying attention to them.

favole
2009-Oct-11, 08:13 PM
My immediate response to that is even the windmills and dams? :)

Sometime after people stop paying attention to them.

No only nuclear, they said something about that the waste of the plants, would destroy the ozon layer and then it would be so hot so the nuclear power plants would be over heated and that will result in a melt down in every power plant on the world.:whistle:

I smell rubbish :P

But can somebody answer my question? What is Technology Singularity is it something like timewave zero or is the guy who wrote it wrong?

Gillianren
2009-Oct-11, 09:00 PM
But can somebody answer my question? What is Technology Singularity is it something like timewave zero or is the guy who wrote it wrong?

Well, I'm guessing it's wrong, certainly, but I've never heard of it.

coreybv
2009-Oct-11, 09:54 PM
But can somebody answer my question? What is Technology Singularity

When referred to by the doomsday people, it's basically the point where the Terminator movies start to come true.

Essentially, they're talking about a point where we develop artificial intelligence that is smarter than us, which in turn develops even smarter machines, and on and on and on.... Eventually these super intelligent machines get mad at us and wipe us out.

At least that's what I've been able to decipher from the gibberish I've heard.

They never explain why we'd be dumb enough to put this super intelligence that doesn't like us into a giant robot with machine guns for hands and laser beams for eyes. Wouldn't it be better to put it in a big, clunky metal box? That would make it much simpler to pull the plug if it ever gets out of line.

The phrase is also used in other ways, some of them actually sane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

favole
2009-Oct-12, 02:48 PM
Hi! To day I was on youtube and on the front page this came up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5b-kLvppdg

Is that something to care about or is it just the doomsday peapole that strats to run out of ideas :P?

Neverfly
2009-Oct-12, 02:51 PM
Hi! To day I was on youtube and on the front page this came up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5b-kLvppdg

Is that something to care about or is it just the doomsday peapole that strats to run out of ideas :P?

Magically? It came up?

Or you did a search on it?

There's, I think, 85 listed threads thoroughly debunking the 2012 nonsense.

If you say you had fears that were calmed, why are you still watching youtube videos on 2012?

coreybv
2009-Oct-12, 02:55 PM
David Wilcock exposes many great secrets: DNA, consciousness science, wormholes, stargate travel, sacred geometry, three-dimensional time, the Mayan Calendar and much, much more!

Nothing to it at all.

Here's a rule you can follow that might help set your mind at ease. Anything that mentions 2012 can be safely laughed at, or better yet, ignored. Anything that mentions the Mayan calendar as having prophetic significance can be safely laughed at, or better yet, ignored.

(Same for Planet X, Nibiru, Nostradamus, etc...)

favole
2009-Oct-12, 02:55 PM
It was on ''videos show'n now''. Is there something to it or is it fake? (I guess fake)

coreybv
2009-Oct-12, 03:00 PM
Is there something to it or is it fake?

Read my last post, and you should be able to answer your question for yourself.

I didn't even watch the video. Just from the description on the right side of the page I feel 100% confident saying that the video contains nothing of value. In fact, I didn't even read the entire description. The first couple sentences are all you need to tell that it's complete garbage.

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-12, 03:02 PM
Hi! To day I was on youtube and on the front page this came up ...
Do you see that this guy is promoting a film he produced?
Do you see that the related stuff is Hollywood film?

So; you happened to open youtube when that one in a gazillan person happened to watch that video, so it pops up on the "being watched now".

Do you think that is significant? Could it just be someone looking for movie release information and got the wrong movie reference?

favole
2009-Oct-12, 03:12 PM
I did not watch the whole video but the 2012 is that about the mayan calender or is it about all these things
David Wilcock exposes many great secrets: DNA, consciousness science, wormholes, stargate travel, sacred geometry, three-dimensional time, the Mayan Calendar and much, much more! ?

Is there anything as stargate travel, sacred geometry or three dimensional time?

I am not worried about it , it's just like this when I found something that i have'nt read or heard about before I must get it debunked or proven as fast as possible and it is a problem for me I am trying to stop with it.

Swift
2009-Oct-12, 03:33 PM
favole,

You might be interested in this thread (http://www.bautforum.com/bad-astronomy-media/94834-were-not-only-ones-fighting-2012-nonsense.html#post1596018) and the article that is linked to in it.

favole
2009-Oct-12, 03:35 PM
WOW thank you so mutch Swift!! :)

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-12, 04:58 PM
I did not watch the whole video but the 2012 is that about the mayan calender or is it about all these things?
Once you see garbage among the list, then what makes you think the rest is of any better quality?

I am not worried about it , it's just like this when I found something that i have'nt read or heard about before I must get it debunked or proven as fast as possible and it is a problem for me I am trying to stop with it.
So; you wait for someone to tell you rather than attempt to research it? In fact you don't even wait to see what is being said?

favole
2009-Oct-12, 05:30 PM
Trust me on this one, when I did a researched dec 21 2012 for the first time I almost cryed.

So tell me this now, Is the world going to end in 2012 is anything in that video true?

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-12, 05:37 PM
So tell me this now, Is the world going to end in 2012 is anything in that video true?
Some of those videos are way too painful to watch. So; while I can't say I saw everything, I can say this:
If ANY of that stuff were true, then the release of information would be on the front page of CNN, FOX, and just about all the major media outlets. They love to point out disasters.

It wouldn't be constrained to a few random blogs, authors and paranormal researchers.

slang
2009-Oct-12, 05:44 PM
so tell me this now, is the world going to end in 2012

No!

favole
2009-Oct-12, 05:45 PM
Okey thank you,

I feel mutch better now, 7 months ago I could have made a list of every theory about 2012 and it would have been LONG but now I cant think of anything that would be possible well just the pole shift but that takes ages to complete and does not start at some date like dec 21.

Thank you all att baut.

favole
2009-Oct-13, 12:35 PM
Once you see garbage among the list, then what makes you think the rest is of any better quality?

So; you wait for someone to tell you rather than attempt to research it? In fact you don't even wait to see what is being said?

But is the only 2012 thing he talks about the maya calender?

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-13, 01:12 PM
But is the only 2012 thing he talks about the maya calender?
Why are you asking me?

You provided the link, and you are the one wanting to know. How about watching the garbage yourself and see what he says first before asking us what it means?

You're drawing questions from a quick introductory paragraph. No wonder you are worried about things, you don't take the time to understand what's presented to you in the first place.

favole
2009-Oct-13, 01:20 PM
Okey sorry NEOWatcher.

I looked at it now and I dont care so mutch now, I dont belive it.

SpitfireIX
2009-Oct-13, 01:35 PM
They never explain why we'd be dumb enough to put this super intelligence that doesn't like us into a giant robot with machine guns for hands and laser beams for eyes. Wouldn't it be better to put it in a big, clunky metal box? That would make it much simpler to pull the plug if it ever gets out of line.

An argument can be made that such an AI could potentially trick humanity into destroying itself, for example, by designing a series of fusion power plants that all turn into 1000-megaton fusion bombs on a certain date, or developing an anti-cancer vaccine that causes the entire human race to gradually become sterile.

2009-Oct-13, 03:14 PM
I looked at it now and I dont care so mutch now, I dont belive it.

Keep on being skeptical.

Starfury
2009-Oct-17, 02:22 PM
Yes this is what I heard two months ago, I am NOT afraid of this beacuse I know this is rubbish.

As long as they think they can make a buck by scaring the bejeezus out of people, they'll probably be with us for a long time to come. If not the power plants in 2025, it'll likely be the asteroid Apophis in 2036 (which, btw, has recently had its probability of impact downgraded from the 1 in 45,000 originally forecast. The BA blogged about it a while back).

I used to know this girl who was very religious and said that the world would end soon when the Sun exploded. I had never heard anything that stupid in all my life! Anyone with even a high school level of astronomy knows the Sun would have to be at least eight times more massive before it could become a potential supernova. And the sad part is she's a teacher! :doh:

Extracelestial
2009-Oct-17, 05:58 PM

Hello Favole

are you the one you claim to be? I don't believe that you are 14 years old watching Fox channel. This channel has ceased, according to Wikipedia, to air in 2006 in Scandinavia. You must have been 11 years old and uncommonly bright for such a youngster!

Ex

tsig
2009-Oct-18, 04:32 AM

The calendar is just a construct of human minds therefore no date has any more significance than any other.

favole
2009-Oct-18, 10:37 AM
Hello Favole

are you the one you claim to be? I don't believe that you are 14 years old watching Fox channel. This channel has ceased, according to Wikipedia, to air in 2006 in Scandinavia. You must have been 11 years old and uncommonly bright for such a youngster!

Ex
We don't even have Fox channel in sweden :P But there where videos on youtube with parts from programs where they where talking about 2012.

NorthernBoy
2009-Oct-19, 11:01 AM
Why would it?

Does a spilled glass of milk right itself and gush backwards into the glass?

Well, this is an interesting one. If the universe is finite, then there are a finite number of states, and, given enough time, each of these states ought to be visited infinitely many times. It's an interesting thought, as it means that once a system is at maximum entropy, then at some later time, it must be at a state of lower entropy, too.

I'd put the next revisitation of the big bang at a decent distance further than three years away, though...

favole
2009-Oct-19, 02:27 PM
Well, this is an interesting one. If the universe is finite, then there are a finite number of states, and, given enough time, each of these states ought to be visited infinitely many times. It's an interesting thought, as it means that once a system is at maximum entropy, then at some later time, it must be at a state of lower entropy, too.

I'd put the next revisitation of the big bang at a decent distance further than three years away, though...
Yea sure but if is was going to happen in 2012 souldnt we have been aware of some changes?

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-19, 03:04 PM
...I used to know this girl who was very religious and said that the world would end soon when the Sun exploded. I had never heard anything that stupid in all my life! ...
Did you ever think that it might just have been an interpretation of the terminology used? Could it have just been a lack of a proper word for "expanding to some great size"?
Was it explained?

favole
2009-Oct-19, 05:34 PM
If a 'BIG BANG' really just 'HAPPENED' then couldn't another big bang happened again?
Maybe. A few years ago, the mostly widely accepted theory suggested that there might be enough dark matter gravity to eventually pull the universe back in on itself and collapse. Some astrophysicists suggested that this “Big Crunch” might fuel another Big Bang. More recently, however, cosmologists studying the movements of stars and other celestial phenomena have noticed that distant galaxies are actually pulling away from each other faster and faster rather than slowing down as the previous theory suggests. A new theory, backed by the possible existence of “dark energy,” suggests that the universe will expand forever, propelled by the mysterious repulsive force of dark energy. In fact, the current consensus holds that only about 5% of the universe is made of “normal” matter, the kind we can see and detect. The rest of the universe seems to made up mostly of dark energy (guessed to be around 60% of the universe) and dark matter (around 35%). Some cosmologists maintain the possibility of a cyclic universe. You may want to check out the following article recently published in Space.com: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/astronomy/new_universe_020425.html
June 26, 2002

So do some one think there will be a new big bang / big crunch in 2012?

I think that if there would be a big bang again then it would be in a far,far future.

Swift
2009-Oct-19, 07:06 PM
favole,
You seem determined to find something bad that will happen in 2012. Whether the Universe is headed to a big crunch, will just expand forever, or whatever, none of that will happen for billions and billions of years. I don't know where you got that quote from, but it has just enough information so that it isn't completely nonsense, but I don't see any mention of timeframe, particularly not by 2012 or by 20,012.

You worry too much. Chill dude.

favole
2009-Oct-19, 07:23 PM
I got from David Morrison's web page ''Ask an Astrobiologst''.

And it was not meant to be something that I want debunked, I posted as a answer to ''NothernBoy''.

No I dont think anything will happen on Dec 21 2012, I think it's strange that it has gone as far as it have.

I like astronomy and space/universe but there is so mutch I want to know but dont understand so that is wy I ask the things I ask, I want to know more about them.

But when peaople use real information and change it so it will fit in to 2012, its kinda hard for me to know whats real and whats not.

Gillianren
2009-Oct-19, 07:59 PM

That's because you apparently haven't the experience with these things that we do. People pick on a day and a thing, and that doesn't go away until the day is passed--and when it passes, they just latch onto a different day. Often, the Bad Thing which is going to happen is just pushed forward to that new day. Just look at how often Planet X has been going to kill us all.

coreybv
2009-Oct-19, 08:18 PM
You seem determined to find something bad that will happen in 2012.

I predict that in 2012 favole will have a nervous breakdown and/or heart attack as a result of continuously searching out nonsense stories to be freaked out about.

Swift
2009-Oct-19, 08:20 PM
I predict that in 2012 favole will have a nervous breakdown and/or heart attack as a result of continuously searching out nonsense stories to be freaked out about.
I don't know about favole, but I predict we will be busy with a lot of threads like this.

Starfury
2009-Oct-20, 01:12 AM
Favole,

I don't mean to be a shill for Phil, but you might be well served to read his book "Death from the Skies."

favole
2009-Oct-20, 05:23 AM
Favole,

I don't mean to be a shill for Phil, but you might be well served to read his book "Death from the Skies."
What is it about? Do you think I can find it in Sweden?

BertL
2009-Oct-20, 10:39 AM
The book deals with pretty much all the doomsday scenarios you've ever heard of. I don't know if it's in any book stores in Sweden, but you can order it online at websites like Amazon. They ship to pretty much every country, Sweden too.

favole
2009-Oct-20, 12:27 PM
Is it like debunking them or is it a doomsday book?

moog
2009-Oct-20, 12:59 PM
Is it like debunking them or is it a doomsday book?

It goes into depth on ones which might be actually possible.
Such as nearby supernovas, gamma ray bursts, asteroid impacts, etc.
And analyses how likely they might be and what the effects would be.

favole
2009-Oct-20, 01:29 PM
Ok, I might buy it.

favole
2009-Oct-26, 05:12 PM
I've done a bit research and asked David Morrison about the Big crunch and he said that if it would happen then it would be in billions and billions of years in the future.

So in conclusion, that quote is posted about the universe reset must be false?

Starfury
2009-Oct-27, 03:16 AM
Actually, current research indicates that the Universe is not only expanding, but the expansion is accelerating. This makes a big crunch nigh impossible.

favole
2009-Oct-27, 11:09 AM
Ok :) And that the universe would ''reset'' itself like a video game is just some new 2012 hoax?

ToSeek
2009-Oct-27, 03:38 PM
Actually, current research indicates that the Universe is not only expanding, but the expansion is accelerating. This makes a big crunch nigh impossible.

Actually, it's pretty hard to say, considering that all we now know about dark energy is that it's dark, and it's energy. For all we know, it might reverse sign or dissipate at some point, and then we'd be in for a Big Crunch after all.

favole
2009-Oct-27, 03:50 PM
But nothing that would happen in 3 years from now?

But again that the universe would reset it self like ''poff'' is not true, rigth?

favole
2009-Oct-27, 04:46 PM
Oh and one more question,

Is there ''dead'' parts of the universe? I saw this guy on tv that said that the universe is dying.

Gillianren
2009-Oct-27, 05:22 PM
But nothing that would happen in 3 years from now?

But again that the universe would reset it self like ''poff'' is not true, rigth?

Events which happen on a cosmic scale take a lot longer than three years to happen. If we were three years from a Big Crunch, we would almost certainly no longer exist to worry about it.

favole
2009-Oct-27, 05:33 PM
Okey. thanks Gillianren :)

All you wonderfull peapole on baut have helped me so mutch.

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-27, 05:47 PM
Oh and one more question,

Is there ''dead'' parts of the universe? I saw this guy on tv that said that the universe is dying.
Let's see, one estimate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe) is it dying in 10^100 years (one googol).
So; yes, it's dying, in the same way as a baby is dying soon after conception.

All you wonderfull peapole on baut have helped me so mutch.
I wish I were that thin (http://www.burpee.com/product/id/103399.do). :whistle:

Donnie B.
2009-Oct-27, 06:58 PM
If you were, according to some folks on another thread in this forum, you'd be downright repulsive. ;)

favole, really, try not to get all worked up over these scare tactics. The universe has been running along smoothly (more or less) for 14,000,000,000 years (more or less). Our own planet has been spinning for some 4,500,000,000 years. How likely is it that something will happen to dramatically change that in your measly little lifetime of (probably) less than 100 years?

Compared to that, your chances of winning the big lottery are a virtual lock. Hint: don't sell the farm.

CJSF
2009-Oct-27, 07:52 PM
Let's see, one estimate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe) is it dying in 10^100 years (one googol).
So; yes, it's dying, in the same way as a baby is dying soon after conception.

I really don't like that notion. Babies are not "dying" soon after conception. In fact, young people are growing and developing into fully adult forms for years. Just because the "clock" is ticking toward some ineveitable end of life doesn't mean the organism is "dying." I think the notion of what dying is, is very complex, but lies somewhere in the notion that cells and systems are no longer able to keep up maintenence and proper function. Sure some of that happens at comparatively early ages, but on the whole I think a healthy 8 year old is certainly not "dying" while perhaps a middle aged man of 50 might be, as various systems and organs (including skin, brain, heart, etc.) decline in condition and performance.

That's my opinion anyway.

CJSF

NEOWatcher
2009-Oct-28, 07:01 PM
I really don't like that notion. Babies are not "dying" soon after conception...
That was the point I was making.

CJSF
2009-Oct-28, 07:27 PM
Oh... well.. ok then...

:whistle:

CJSF

TheOneYouSeek
2009-Nov-06, 07:01 PM
I need to use this thread just for now cuse I cant post new threads, I think it's something with my computer, I don't know.

Well here we go.

So I know that the Mayans had a very good and accurate calendar but they never predicted something like the end of the world with it and certainly not in the year 2012. Now every one at my school I's talking about it cuse the new trailer for the upcomming move 2012 has been realeasd.

One guy said that 2012 is an error in time. And I asked him why and he answerd me that he saw a video on youtube about it. OFC youtube is the most trust full internet site when it comes down to these kinda stuffs (or not).

Well here is the video about it. Is this something that we sould care about?
I find it very hard to belive that some one that only have made a youtube account would know such a thing, it's more likele that NASA that have the money to launch rockets in space would know such a thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuzuQIr_fPU

http://i36.tinypic.com/2q06lap.jpg

grox
2009-Nov-13, 01:55 AM
we arnt part of the milky way galaxy we nver have been. we will be joining the milky way galaxy near or on that date so when it all lines up no we wont be allighned with our center we will be allighning with our new galaxy the milky ways center yes somthiong is going to happen, hopefully its a beautifull day ,
hopefully you and i and others will make it to that day life is harsh even in civilized societys and all the world isnt civilized, my m,eaning being many people die everyday love the lord jesus and get thru today.

im not overly liking the verbage and personalitys on this site they all seem to want to call names etc before debunking somehting. a 14 year old writes what is nearly an essay and ppl respond by going with one word? bunk?

kk back on course i apologize and gl to all.

to the op when we merge with the milky way which also is going thru some changes atm , more coincidence, we will have some growing pains the milky spirals in one direction we spiral in another i forget which is clockwaise etc but we will be changing into there spiral that has to have consequences.

planet x or niburu i dont know but nasa has spotted an object in tha l;ast several years on the other side of the galaxy on an eliptical orbit just as niburu ios supposed to be on.

google sedna , nasa calls it that not nibiru theres an official nasa write up abpout it heading our way from the south ofus not able to be seen till feb of 2011 or so.15 million lyrs away several years ago but only 5 million now its moving fast.

please continue to read and take your'e own notes with your'e family.

man has never headed the call of disaster it has never believed and has always debunked and thrown names , so you are the onhly one that you can trust. if we all have faith in our religion or beliefs it cant hurt us, gl to all my fellow humans i love you all

JayUtah
2009-Nov-13, 05:47 AM

...we wont be allighned with our center we will be allighning with our new galaxy the milky ways center...

Either way it's meaningless. There's no defined "center" to a galaxy. We arbitrarily define geometric centers and planes based on our notion of the aggregate constituents, but there is nothing magical or natural about them.

a 14 year old writes what is nearly an essay and ppl respond by going with one word? bunk?

The length one one's essay has little to do with its putative correctness. True statements can be one sentence while there are many book-length errors.

Naturally we will take your age into account, but unfortunately you will need to obey the rules here anyway.

google sedna , nasa calls it that not nibiru theres an official nasa write up abpout it heading our way...

Sedna is simply a trans-Neptunian object. The closest it will ever get to Earth is about seven billion miles. It's "heading our way" in the same sense that someone walking down Hollywood Boulevard is on his way to Paris.

The "killer planet" crowd likes to jump on every new discovery as some sort of vindication of its predictions. Sedna is interesting as an eccentric long-period TNO because of its distance from the Sun, but it has no bearing on Earth.

man has never headed the call of disaster it has never believed and has always debunked and thrown names

So many calls of disaster have proven to be false and merely money-making schemes by unscrupulous people. There is every evidence that the 2012 scare is just such a scheme. Contrary to your claims, no qualified scientist believes in any of that 2012 mumbo jumbo.

We debunk because so many of the claims are bunk. When that is the case, debunking is the proper response.

if we all have faith in our religion or beliefs it cant hurt us...

Please understand that religious advocacy is strictly forbidden and rather sternly frowned upon here.

Gillianren
2009-Nov-13, 06:18 PM
Without being specific, and trying to avoid any kind of real religious discussion, people have had faith in their beliefs of one kind or another for pretty much all of human history--and been wrong anyway. And failed to have been protected anyway. For just one example, read about the Black Death.

Buttercup
2009-Nov-13, 07:17 PM
Back in the 1980s, when I was very young, there was a HUGE scare going on about "The Alignment of the Planets" which was supposed to trigger The End.

I remember being anxious about it, wondering if I'd live to see adulthood, etc.

Well, here we are: 2009. :)

Back in 1999 there was a Nostradamus scare. Something horrible was supposed to happen to Earth in 1999.

Well, here we are: 2009. :)

You get the idea. ;)

Skyfire
2009-Nov-13, 09:15 PM
Back in the 1980s, when I was very young, there was a HUGE scare going on about "The Alignment of the Planets" which was supposed to trigger The End.

I remember being anxious about it, wondering if I'd live to see adulthood, etc.

Well, here we are: 2009.

Back in 1999 there was a Nostradamus scare. Something horrible was supposed to happen to Earth in 1999.

Well, here we are: 2009.

You get the idea.

On a similar vein I did IT Support standby for 1999/2000. They said, "we'll pay you loads 'a money to be on standby just in case!"

I said, "show me the money!" .... then booked my ski holiday that winter - for January! :)

mugaliens
2009-Nov-16, 02:52 AM
I don't know about favole, but I predict we will be busy with a lot of threads like this.

Merge them! Saves on a LOT of work.