PDA

View Full Version : No, NASA Is Not Bombing the Moon

Fraser
2009-Oct-08, 01:50 PM
There seems to be a little lunacy making the rounds that NASA is going to "bomb" the Moon on Friday morning, or "hurt the Moon," or "split the Moon in half," or change its orbit. This is all just nonsense and scare-mongering, and those worried about our Moon can rest assured our lunar [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2009/10/08/no-nasa-is-not-bombing-the-moon/)

Marko S
2009-Oct-08, 02:31 PM
Yahoo! Answers is a fun place. I just witnessed someone asking why NASA is "nuking" (yes, NUKING) the Moon, what astrological consequences it could have...

and...

... if this "bombing of the moon" is somehow connected to 2012 :doh: :doh: :doh:

trinitree88
2009-Oct-08, 04:08 PM
Yahoo! Answers is a fun place. I just witnessed someone asking why NASA is "nuking" (yes, NUKING) the Moon, what astrological consequences it could have...

and...

... if this "bombing of the moon" is somehow connected to 2012 :doh: :doh: :doh:

Marko S.:lol::lol::lol::doh: pete

KaiYeves
2009-Oct-09, 01:25 AM
They think NASA is throwing the Moon in a microwave?

;-)

Orion's Fan
2009-Oct-09, 02:18 AM
I've had to calm the fears of some students on this one. It doesn't help when you have major news sources promoting the mis-information.

LaurelHS
2009-Oct-09, 02:24 AM

and...

Yeah, I've seen tons of those questions on Yahoo Answers today. People are scared that the Moon will be thrown out of orbit by the LCROSS impact. They're going to feel silly when this is over ... or maybe they'll just go back to worrying about 2012.
:rolleyes:

Marko S
2009-Oct-09, 08:07 AM
Novel developments in Yahoo Answers!

I just witnessed someone asking if "NASA bombing the Moon" will cause "a black hole that is going to suck up the Earth" :shifty:

And another one apparently pondered if the catastrophe in 2012 will be a "revenge" of NASA "destroying the Moon" today. At least this is how I interpreted the question. :doh:

LaurelHS
2009-Oct-09, 11:59 AM
And now we get to say, "I told you so!" :)

Arnold Layne
2009-Oct-09, 12:33 PM
There seems to be a little lunacy making the rounds that NASA is going to "bomb" the Moon on Friday morning

And they're doing it without a formal declaration of war. Dastardly!

KaiYeves
2009-Oct-09, 08:48 PM
I've been pondering doing a comedic supplement to my Into the Cosmos story with the general theme "Working for NASA in the Marvel Universe is hard", with a very concerned person asking at a press conference if LCROSS will affect werewolves.

Buzz-Lite-Punch
2009-Oct-09, 08:55 PM

and...

Yeah that was also on my list of worries! How dare does the USA drop a bomb on the moon! How dare, they!

We come in peace for all mankind.
Now weren’t those the words of Apollo 11.

How hypocritically that now sounds!

It’s not their moon to bomb in the first place!

Its our moon the whole planet earth depends upon it. It might upset my cat’s diet? Cats have been around far longer than we and what gives us the right to bomb the moon!

I am outraged with NASA outraged!:mad:

And why look for water on the moon as, if we haven’t got enough of it already on this planet!

If they drop it! I well no longer respect NASA for what it is! Now then!

So this is just another small step to show that the NASA AKA USA hasn’t grown up at all! They have demonstrated by ignorance by dropping an atomic bomb on the moon! What isn’t there enough space to bomb your own county anymore with this demonstrable weapon of mass destruction!

I don’t think I can ever look at the moon in the same way ever again knowing now that the USA has dropped an atomic bomb on it!

Buzz-Lite-Punch
2009-Oct-09, 09:09 PM
That’s it sod NASA! I can’t believe they would do such a thing! Yeah thanks a lot NASA for defacing moon! Vandals!