PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Mother Board Blues.

BigDon
2009-Oct-22, 04:00 AM
Trying to get some notes across before the next spontaneous re-boot and/or graphics seizure.

Makes it hard to write long stories. I'll have to wait until after I resolve this, but I have more for the flightdeck thread.

danscope
2009-Oct-22, 04:29 AM
Yep, lost a motherboard this year. Bought a good used comp with a 2 year warranty.Loaded.
Maybe it's time. Better bus, better speed. Just better.
Good luck,Sir.

Dan

tlbs101
2009-Oct-22, 10:11 PM
Trying to get some notes across before the next spontaneous re-boot and/or graphics seizure.

Makes it hard to write long stories. I'll have to wait until after I resolve this, but I have more for the flightdeck thread.

If the cracks are into the internal layers of the printed circuit board (PCB), then you are out-of-luck. If the cracks are limited to the surface layers, the board can be repaired. I have made such repairs in the past (to other commercial equipment).

A direct replacement MB may cost much less than you think, perhaps as low as $25.

check out http://www.pricewatch.com/motherboards

SolusLupus
2009-Oct-22, 11:30 PM
I just replaced my main computer; it needed an upgrade anyways, and I got a rather affordable one from HP. It's not the "power house" my other computer was, but it's easier to transport around, and is about 1/4th the total price. . . and it still plays the games I want it to play.

Makes it hard to write long stories.

Speaking of which, have you thought about writing an autobiography? Sounds like you have a lot to say, and it might be nice to get a lot of it down like that.

mugaliens
2009-Oct-24, 03:20 AM
Speaking of which, have you thought about writing an autobiography? Sounds like you have a lot to say, and it might be nice to get a lot of it down like that.

BD's gonna work on that right after another project. ;)