PDA

View Full Version : milky way , 2012 etc.

grox
2009-Nov-13, 02:29 AM
From some studys ive been doing its come to my attn that we arnt part of the milky way galaxy and are realy a small galaxy that is being consumed by the milky way.google milky way fionding these statements with nasa confirmation.

alot of the 2012 speculations revolve around us allighning with the center of the milky way. many debunkers explain this has happened for billions of years buit as is the case with many debunkers a high perc of them dont have any info and sling the word debunked which is more dangerous than any doomsday theory which if it doesnt come about affect very few to no ppl in the world. where as ppl downplaying everything can lead to massive unwarranted deaths. i have firm beliefs in the human nature to attack the delivery and using that to debunk all things its unfortunate.a example , have u noticed in each and every argument u will hear you might be right but dude your'e delivery sucked this and that you dont know nothing, < just because someone runs screaming by screaming fire we all go what a nut. but if a guy runs by screaming fire and his hair and clothes are on fire we take notice.

search read look know and learn more , why scream foul if you dont even know what foul is.i dont care how ur delivery is but just get some knowledge out there or here for me and others thankyou.

i have been doing extensive research into this area and have come closer to my own personal religion because of it. that in itself is a good thing, no i dont run around hair on fire screaming the end , i am a rational person and have deved many hours into this.

kk please debunk these things or anyhting you want, because of my faith im not afraid if this is all real or not in any way and am comfortable with it all real or not.

our galaxy is merging with the milky way and we will allighned to its center not our center for the first time ever in over 14 billion years .

the light we will recieve from the center of the milky way is different than we ever e4xperienced and light effects dna changes .google light dna look read spend hours not moments and look for youreself.

our present galxy revolves in one direction counter or clock wise im not sure but the milky way revolves in the other direction so we will have to change that somehow to merge with thaT.

planet x niburu. nasa has spotted a planet and named it sedna < sumarians called a moon of niburu sedna> it is on an eliptical orbit as niburus legends say it is and will be able to be seen by telescopes by feb 2011 . after sighting this the southpole telescope was started being built about that time which from an eliptical orbit it will be coming from the south and can be tracked that way. nasa said it was 15 billion lyrs awauy several years ago and is only 5 billion lyrs out now so its speeding up and is oblviously getting closer. google sedna and nasa to get there own paperwork videos etc on this fact.

ill stop here and not go into the other worries of mankind .

please debunk these statements or in someway start to lend ourselves to finding out if for nothing other than some men and women and familys can make there own decisions thankyou all and godbless.forgive my grammar.

THETULLSTER
2009-Nov-13, 04:30 AM
i love this kinda stuff man, how long have you been looking into this??? Do you really believe it?

LaurelHS
2009-Nov-13, 04:34 AM
planet x niburu. nasa has spotted a planet and named it sedna < sumarians called a moon of niburu sedna> it is on an eliptical orbit as niburus legends say it is and will be able to be seen by telescopes by feb 2011 . after sighting this the southpole telescope was started being built about that time which from an eliptical orbit it will be coming from the south and can be tracked that way. nasa said it was 15 billion lyrs awauy several years ago and is only 5 billion lyrs out now so its speeding up and is oblviously getting closer. google sedna and nasa to get there own paperwork videos etc on this fact.
Planet X/Nibiru was predicted to destroy the Earth in 2003 and it never showed up. Why do you think the 2012 Nibiru predictions are any different?

RedFive
2009-Nov-13, 04:54 AM
From some studys ive been doing its come to my attn that we arnt part of the milky way galaxy and are realy a small galaxy that is being consumed by the milky way.google milky way fionding these statements with nasa confirmation.

alot of the 2012 speculations revolve around us allighning with the center of the milky way. I must confess I usually don't waste my time with conspiracy theories but could someone please explain to me what these people mean when they say the sun is going to align with the center of the galaxy? The center of the galaxy is a point and the Sun is also a point (for the purposes of this discussion that is). I am no geometry expert, but last time I checked you could always draw a line through any 2 points. So what exactly are these people trying to tell us is lining up that's supposed to be so special?

Not that I believe a word the 2012 conspiracy nuts are saying but I honestly don't even understand what it is they are trying to say.

THETULLSTER
2009-Nov-13, 05:04 AM
Imagine the two galaxies together looking like an X. then imagine the lines in the X forming into one straight line

tusenfem
2009-Nov-13, 08:21 AM
I must confess I usually don't waste my time with conspiracy theories but could someone please explain to me what these people mean when they say the sun is going to align with the center of the galaxy? The center of the galaxy is a point and the Sun is also a point (for the purposes of this discussion that is). I am no geometry expert, but last time I checked you could always draw a line through any 2 points. So what exactly are these people trying to tell us is lining up that's supposed to be so special?

They mean that the point of summer solstice (if I am not mistaken) and the sun and the galactic centre are on one line.

However, calculations have shown that this already happened in the 1990s!

It is somewhere here on the board.

Tedward
2009-Nov-13, 09:02 AM
our galaxy is merging with the milky way and we will allighned to its center not our center for the first time ever in over 14 billion years .

Thought we are the milky way?

Edit. Ah, re reading, you mean the solar system?

Edit 2. OK, I see. Ignore me.

grant hutchison
2009-Nov-13, 09:11 AM
From some studys ive been doing its come to my attn that we arnt part of the milky way galaxy and are realy a small galaxy that is being consumed by the milky way.google milky way fionding these statements with nasa confirmation.This story had a brief vogue a year or two ago, but it's not true. The Sun is part of the Milky Way galaxy, and doesn't come from an interloper.
We had some discussion about it on this thread (http://www.bautforum.com/space-astronomy-questions-answers/61034-our-solar-system-not-milky-way.html), in which I chased down the origin of the story.

Grant Hutchison

Strange
2009-Nov-13, 11:34 AM
nasa has spotted a planet and named it sedna < sumarians called a moon of niburu sedna> it is on an eliptical orbit

So what. All planets are on elliptical orbits.

Sedna is named after the Inuit goddess of the sea (I don't think the Inuits have predicted the end of the world).

will be able to be seen by telescopes by feb 2011

It can already be seen by telescope. That's how it was found. So what.

nasa said it was 15 billion lyrs awauy several years ago and is only 5 billion lyrs out

That would mean it had travelled 10 billion light years in a few years. Which means several billion times the speed of light. And therefore clearly impossible.

Sedna is about 8,000 million miles away. Its closest approach will be in about 75 years when it will still be still be about 7,000 million miles away.

please debunk these statements

Done.

forgive my grammar.

No. It is almost impossible to work out what you are trying to say.

because of my faith im not afraid

What has faith got to do with it. Go and find some facts instead of all this rubbish.

Instead of just googling around and believing the first nonsense you find, why not go to some reputable sites (e.g. NASA or even Wikipedia) and get some facts.

Paul Beardsley
2009-Nov-13, 11:59 AM
What Henna said. All of it.

grox, can you understand that if you make statements that are (to varying degree) uninformed, incoherent, and divorced from reality, there is no need to debunk them?

grox
2009-Nov-13, 02:29 PM
What Henna said. All of it.

grox, can you understand that if you make statements that are (to varying degree) uninformed, incoherent, and divorced from reality, there is no need to debunk them?

yes thankyou very much. the idea we arnt and never were part of the milky way and are now being gobbled up by it is a concern to me that in itself has to be a huge event and does concern me.

http://www.viewzone.com/milkyway.html

thats one of many blogs explaing that. i dont what this means if anything, but it sure as heck hasnt ever happened to us before or we would already have been part of the milky way.

tusenfem
2009-Nov-13, 03:09 PM

You say you are studying, does that also include comprehensive reading????

NASA did not say that is was 15 billion lightyears away but 15 billion kilometers, kind of a big difference, don't you think. In the other thread you even LINKED to the article from which you got this (http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/planet_like_body.html). Sjeesj!!!!

Rhaedas
2009-Nov-13, 03:16 PM
yes thankyou very much. the idea we arnt and never were part of the milky way and are now being gobbled up by it is a concern to me that in itself has to be a huge event and does concern me.

http://www.viewzone.com/milkyway.html

thats one of many blogs explaing that. i dont what this means if anything, but it sure as heck hasnt ever happened to us before or we would already have been part of the milky way.

That site and this topic has been covered before (http://www.bautforum.com/space-astronomy-questions-answers/61034-our-solar-system-not-milky-way.html).

In that thread I think the best point was from Grant, who basically pointed out that lots of star systems are oriented different ways compared to the galactic plane, suggested that the end rotation of a system isn't dependent on the galactic rotation.

TheOneYouSeek
2009-Nov-13, 04:09 PM
Okey, I think I've got it wrong, is this thread about.

1. Are we apart of the Milky way?

2. Will be inserted to another galaxy in 2012?

MAPNUT
2009-Nov-13, 05:35 PM
In a nutshell, there was some discussion a couple of years ago that the Sun might once have been part of a dwarf galaxy which has been absorbed by the Milky Way. Some unfortunate language like "gobbled up" was tossed around. If true, these things happen very slowly, at the kind of speeds that stars drift relative to each other. No doubt we're in the Milky Way. The Galactic Plane is just a poorly-defined place - we don't know the geometry of the Milky Way well enough to know exactly where it is - and passing through it means no more than crossing the border between New York and New Jersey.

Experts please correct any inaccuracies or provide numbers?

ZappBrannigan
2009-Nov-13, 05:38 PM
and passing through it means no more than crossing the border between new york and new jersey.?

omg!!!1!! We"re doomed!!!1!!!!!

samkent
2009-Nov-13, 05:46 PM
Assume we are not part of the Milky Way. What difference does it make?

How would it affect your life?

Would you run around in circles screaming until you passed out?

Would you stop paying your bills?

Will you sell your car?

Assume there is a planet X. What difference does it make?

It must have been there for millions of years already. It hasn’t bothered us yet.

All the computers are going to crash with the coming of Y2K!! So what?

Brazil survived it a couple of nights ago.

The Mayan calendar ends in 2012. Who cares?

My calendar ends next month.

All of this doom and gloom. Whoa is me. Stupid stuff put forth by stupid people all in an effort to make a dishonest buck.

MAPNUT
2009-Nov-13, 05:46 PM
[quote] omg!!!1!! We"re doomed!!!1!!!!! [quote]

This is just an anecdote, not evidence, but I cross that border 10 times a week and I'm just fine, thank you.

grant hutchison
2009-Nov-13, 05:49 PM

http://www.viewzone.com/milkyway.htmlIt's nonsense. This blogger hasn't a clue what he's talking about.
Please take a look at the thread I already linked to (http://www.bautforum.com/space-astronomy-questions-answers/61034-our-solar-system-not-milky-way.html), in which we've already dealt with exactly this topic.

Grant Hutchison

slang
2009-Nov-13, 08:49 PM
This is just an anecdote, not evidence, but I cross that border 10 times a week and I'm just fine, thank you.

That's just what you want us to think!

Dro2
2009-Nov-13, 09:22 PM
So what. All planets are on elliptical orbits.

Sedna is named after the Inuit goddess of the sea (I don't think the Inuits have predicted the end of the world).

It can already be seen by telescope. That's how it was found. So what.

That would mean it had travelled 10 billion light years in a few years. Which means several billion times the speed of light. And therefore clearly impossible.

Sedna is about 8,000 million miles away. Its closest approach will be in about 75 years when it will still be still be about 7,000 million miles away.

Done.

No. It is almost impossible to work out what you are trying to say.

What has faith got to do with it. Go and find some facts instead of all this rubbish.

Instead of just googling around and believing the first nonsense you find, why not go to some reputable sites (e.g. NASA or even Wikipedia) and get some facts.

lol. awesome read

R.A.F.
2009-Nov-13, 10:12 PM
Why awesome?

...and could you please learn to use the quote function. It'll make reading your posts easier.

Sam5
2009-Nov-17, 02:05 AM
omg!!!1!! We"re doomed!!!1!!!!!

I saw all this stuff the first time around, more than 50 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXeT-yHNcFI

MAPNUT
2009-Nov-17, 02:55 AM
I thought that movie was disappointing after reading the book, but there's one thing 10 seconds into the trailer that you haven't seen in this whole 2012-Nibiru saga - "An astronomer checks and re-checks his measurements"!

Extravoice
2009-Nov-19, 07:09 PM
...and passing through it means no more than crossing the border between New York and New Jersey.

We have to pay a toll?

Unofficial state slogan: New Jersey, free to enter. ;)

Strange
2009-Nov-19, 08:00 PM
Why awesome?

I was obviously assuming it was intended as praise of my awesome writing skills and stunning ability to marshall the facts to make a succinct argument. Now you have sown the seeds of doubt, I see he was probably being sarcastic and I should abandon all hope. :think: