PDA

View Full Version : Composition of Saturn's Rings.

Buttercup
2009-Nov-13, 07:46 PM
I am inclined to believe Saturn's majestic rings are made of crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

WHY?

Consider:

1. The rings have the colors one sees in crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

2. The Cassini orbiter often hugs the rings, no doubt avidly consuming bits of ring as it travels along (and then goes for a drink of water via the Enceladus geysers; sugar makes everyone thirsty).

3. The weird Hexagon thing at Saturn's north pole is another indication: If you trim six sides off a RPBC at home it looks like a hexagon doesn't it??

4. Stanley Kubrick moved the action from Saturn to Jupiter for 2001: A Space Odyssey the film. WHY? Because he was in cohoots with NASA to deflect attention from Saturn to Jupiter, due to the chocolate/peanut butter secret which is Saturn's rings - which NASA has been privy to since June 3, 1952.

:)

Debunk all this, JayUtah!

korjik
2009-Nov-13, 09:18 PM
You forgot that Iapetus gets sprayed by bits of chocolate on one side.

Buttercup
2009-Nov-13, 09:35 PM
You forgot that Iapetus gets sprayed by bits of chocolate on one side.

:confused:

You're right! :surprised

I overlooked that fact! :doh:

Thanks for the additional fact. :)

captain swoop
2009-Nov-13, 10:22 PM
Are you prepared to defend this 'idea' as per the rules of the ATM forum? If not then I suggest we move this to OTB.

Buttercup
2009-Nov-13, 10:29 PM
Better move it to OTB I guess. ;)

I just wanted my one chance to start a thread here. :lol: It'll probably be my only ATM "contribution" ever.

Besides, Carolyn Porco knows I'm right but she's not coming here to back me up. **white flag** :p

Off to OTB we go.

korjik
2009-Nov-14, 01:58 AM
Throwing us out of ATM shows how the mainstreamers are repressing original thought by trivializing such an important discovery in OTB. Galileo was opressed like this, too!

kleindoofy
2009-Nov-14, 02:06 AM
... Saturn's majestic rings are made of crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. ...
Oh great.

Not only are Saturn's rings capable of making people incredibly fat, but I'm allergic to them. :mad:

Jeff Root
2009-Nov-14, 02:38 AM
I am inclined to believe Saturn's majestic rings are made of crushed
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Nonsense.

Pure coincidence.

2. The Cassini orbiter often hugs the rings, no doubt avidly consuming
bits of ring as it travels along (and then goes for a drink of water via
the Enceladus geysers; sugar makes everyone thirsty).
Cassini does not get thirsty. Cassini does not require water, nor is
it capable of drinking water. * **

3. The weird Hexagon thing at Saturn's north pole is another indication:
If you trim six sides off a RPBC at home it looks like a hexagon doesn't it??
Pure coincidence.

4. Stanley Kubrick moved the action from Saturn to Jupiter for
2001: A Space Odyssey the film. WHY? Because he was in cohoots
with NASA to deflect attention from Saturn to Jupiter, due to the
chocolate/peanut butter secret which is Saturn's rings - which NASA
has been privy to since June 3, 1952.
Impossible. The odds against NASA finding out about such a thing
just three days after the event are astronomical. The odds of you
coming up with such a date-- even if three days after the event--
are staggering. *** That will just be temporary, though. I've been
sitting on my leg. I'll be fine after just a few steps.

* Cassini does like to take a bath when the opportunity arises.
** There is not all THAT much sugar in Saturn's rings.
*** I have no reason to think that Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
had ANYTHING to do with it. If there WERE any present, IT WAS
JUST A COINCIDENCE.

Besides, I'm an Aquarius, not a Pisces.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

Siguy
2009-Nov-14, 03:28 AM
Our government and corporate bureaucrats have attempted to cover up this obvious conspiracy. It is clear that Buttercup is in fact playing on the side of The Hershey Company. There is evidence that the aforementioned Buttercup had inside relations with the executives of the said Hershey Company. Why do you ask? Because from the moment I read this Buttercup's "post", I had an immediate and unnatural urge to seek out, find, and consume (which I promptly did) a Reese's Peanut Butter cup related confection, which is a product of none other than THE HERSHEY COMPANY. We as citizens should not fall for these devious MIND CONTROL tactics which corporations are employing against us, to form a world order of candy-consuming slaves.

aurora
2009-Nov-14, 03:31 AM
"oxygen content surprisingly high...
Green cheese content disappointingly low."

Kowalski, Penguins of Madagascar, on arrival at a New York rooftop they mistook for the Moon

Buttercup
2009-Nov-14, 04:08 AM
Throwing us out of ATM shows how the mainstreamers are repressing original thought by trivializing such an important discovery in OTB. Galileo was opressed like this, too!

Yeah!

What's next -- carting me off to the stake?? :cry:

I'll go down in history as a peer of Galileo's.

The oppression never ends... :silenced:

Buttercup
2009-Nov-14, 04:10 AM
Our government and corporate bureaucrats have attempted to cover up this obvious conspiracy. It is clear that Buttercup is in fact playing on the side of The Hershey Company. There is evidence that the aforementioned Buttercup had inside relations with the executives of the said Hershey Company. Why do you ask? Because from the moment I read this Buttercup's "post", I had an immediate and unnatural urge to seek out, find, and consume (which I promptly did) a Reese's Peanut Butter cup related confection, which is a product of none other than THE HERSHEY COMPANY. We as citizens should not fall for these devious MIND CONTROL tactics which corporations are employing against us, to form a world order of candy-consuming slaves.

:confused:

Who...me? :shifty: You're wrong about me. :)

(I'll have to take on Jeff Root's preposterous and doomed attempt at debunking me tomorrow)

trinitree88
2009-Nov-15, 04:46 PM
I am inclined to believe Saturn's majestic rings are made of crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

WHY?

Consider:

2. The Cassini orbiter often hugs the rings, no doubt avidly consuming bits of ring as it travels along (and then goes for a drink of water via the Enceladus geysers; sugar makes everyone thirsty).

3. The weird Hexagon thing at Saturn's north pole is another indication: If you trim six sides off a RPBC at home it looks like a hexagon doesn't it??

4. Stanley Kubrick moved the action from Saturn to Jupiter for 2001: A Space Odyssey the film. WHY? Because he was in cohoots with NASA to deflect attention from Saturn to Jupiter, due to the chocolate/peanut butter secret which is Saturn's rings - which NASA has been privy to since June 3, 1952.

:)

Debunk all this, JayUtah!

Buttercup.:shifty::lol::lol: That's the spirit. Let it fly. Now I'm inclined to name any newly discovered planet Buttercup also.:lol: pete

Fiery Phoenix
2009-Nov-15, 04:55 PM
If there is one thing I love about BAUT, it's the fact that even their off-topic lounge is still somewhat related to astronomy.

Visit any off-topic lounge on other forums and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Salty
2009-Nov-15, 05:12 PM
I always thought it was RBCs that gave Mars its orange hue (the wrapper, see?).

But, you say RBC are in Saturn's rings. Could they be both places, then? If so, the conspiracy spreads and Richard Hoagland has Mars all wrong.

KaiYeves
2009-Nov-15, 07:44 PM
it capable of drinking water. * **
Really? Because he does have a mouth (http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/kids/index.cfm)...

WaxRubiks
2009-Nov-15, 08:42 PM
but what about the effect of these american confectioneries on the warpage of space-time-sugar?
The sugar component is obviously quite high, so in that dimension there should be quite a sugar high warpage..where people in the vicinity experience teatime dilation.

Jeff Root
2009-Nov-15, 09:26 PM
it capable of drinking water.
Really? Because he does have a mouth (http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/kids/index.cfm)...
Wrong. Cassini does NOT have a mouth. That image is of an actor
playing the part of Cassini. You can tell because he appears to be
standing on a horizontal surface in Earth-normal gravity. The real
Cassini is in free-fall. Also, the surface the actor was standing on was
Photoshopped out of the image and replaced with an image of Saturn
made by the Voyager spacecraft on July 21, 1981!

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis