PDA

View Full Version : Science Olympiad?

Brady Yoon
2004-Feb-15, 07:04 AM
Does anyone know of the science olympiad competition? It's a competition with regional, state, and national levels.

SpaceTrekkie
2004-Feb-15, 02:55 PM
I did it last year! i had soooo much fun! My school got third over all and then one event i was in my partner and i finished second! so i gots a silver metal! What do you want to know about it?

Vega115
2004-Feb-15, 04:18 PM
I did it this year! My school placed 7th in regional (Long Island), which makes us the alternate to the top 6 teams which go to the state competition at West Point Military Academy!! And we placed 7th even when out Robot (which is a BIG event in the competition) was disqualified, and our catapult turned into a crappapult. But we did get silver in the Physics lab! And i believe 4th in Astronomy!

Next year...we go to states! 8)

SpaceTrekkie
2004-Feb-15, 08:23 PM
Good job! our local, state, and regional competition is all one becuase of the few schools in this area that participate. so we came in 3 regionals (sorta n e way) my new HS does not go so i was kinda sad about that because i had sooo much fun last year! we got 7th in astronomy out of 18...not too bad (we studied the wrong stuff) and second in Metric mesuarments (it was helpful that i use them all the time instead of English).

-ST