PDA

View Full Version : Ahem -- "PSAS"

publius
2009-Nov-18, 01:49 AM
It's called Persistant Sexual Arousal Syndrome:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/sex-relationships/michelle-thompson-who-has-persistent-sexual-arousal-syndrome-finds-man-who-satisfies-her/story-e6frf01i-1225797973089

She was wearing out her boyfriends, poor thing, but has apparently found one up to the task. 10 times a day. Hey, it's a medical condition. Really.

-Richard

SolusLupus
2009-Nov-18, 01:55 AM
"Hey, it's a medical condition. Really. "

Yes. Yes it is.

Lianachan
2009-Nov-18, 02:02 AM
Hmm - PSAS for me stands for "Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland" (http://www.socantscot.org/publications.asp?Menu=).

I didn't expect this thread to be about that marvellous resource for Scottish archaeology, but I had a look anyway!

SeanF
2009-Nov-18, 02:45 PM
It's called Persistant Sexual Arousal Syndrome:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/sex-relationships/michelle-thompson-who-has-persistent-sexual-arousal-syndrome-finds-man-who-satisfies-her/story-e6frf01i-1225797973089

She was wearing out her boyfriends, poor thing, but has apparently found one up to the task. 10 times a day. Hey, it's a medical condition. Really.

-Richard
And I believe the punch line is, "Same condition, better insurance policy."

That being said, did we need a new term? What was wrong with "nymphomania"?

Buttercup
2009-Nov-18, 03:24 PM
A former friend (now deceased) of my husband's suffered from this. Terribly so, it seemed. Which is why I stayed away from him. :rolleyes:

Argos
2009-Nov-18, 03:41 PM
Three hurrahs for the Lancashire men!

mike alexander
2009-Nov-18, 07:01 PM
She even had to quit a job in a biscuit factory because the machines kept setting her off.

GIR: Lets make biscuits! LETS MAKE BISCUITS!

Nicolas
2009-Nov-18, 07:11 PM
That being said, did we need a new term? What was wrong with "nymphomania"?

nymphomania (word used for women only) is used less nowadays because it was too narrow a definition/explanation for the disorder. Anyway, when used it is most often used as meaning an extreme sexual desire, nowadays called "hypersexuality" (word can be used to refer to both women and men). Hypersexuality has a more open (call it vague...) definition of the disorder.

PSAS in contrast is usually used as mean extreme genital arousal (hence the other name PGAD), unrelated to feelings of sexual desire.

Though in this case this woman seems to combine/"treat" (orgams can give a temporary relief from PSAS) the latter with the former, so...

Larry Jacks
2009-Nov-18, 08:23 PM
Persistant Sexual Arousal Syndrome

Most men can relate. It was called "puberty" when I was a lad. Back then, I could get aroused seeing the crack of dawn.

Buttercup
2009-Nov-18, 08:44 PM
It doesn't necessarily stop at middle age either; I've recently known a man past age 70 who is still all wound up. Or so it sure seemed. :confused: :surprised (run!!)

coreybv
2009-Nov-18, 09:03 PM
10 times a day? :eek:

There was a time when I was young, single, and having frequent dry spells where that would have sounded like a dream come true.

Now that it's not such a "scarce resource" anymore, the first thought that pops into my head is "When am I supposed to get any sleep woman!"

:)

The Backroad Astronomer
2009-Nov-18, 09:52 PM
Persistant Sexual Arousal Syndrome

Most men can relate. It was called "puberty" when I was a lad. Back then, I could get aroused seeing the crack of dawn.
I bet dawn was a pretty.

publius
2009-Nov-18, 11:23 PM
Yes, that's what I was thinking. My teenage years on up into my 20s were nothing but a prolonged episode of PSAS. And I got no sympathy, none whatsoever. Help me please, ma'am, it's a medical condition. SLAP!

Which reminds me of this:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/world/article.html?Women_tricked_into_sex_by_medical_con dition_man&in_article_id=770618&in_page_id=64

A middle aged man tricked woman by claims of a medical condition. He pretended to be handsome young buck on dating sites, then claimed his poor "father" had this condition.....and they fell for it.

-Richard