PDA

View Full Version : Ngc210 11/19/09

JAICOA
2009-Nov-20, 03:34 AM
This very faint 10.9 mag spiral galaxy in Cetus has a very bright core but with very faint tidal arms. In this frame up close to a dozen galaxies are in this area alone (mag 14-17 ) and another dozen just around it.

RickJ
2009-Nov-20, 04:47 AM
Nice one.

That one has been on my to-do list now for 4 years. At -14 degrees it is a rare night that I can image that declination. When such a night happens I seem to always have something else to image. Maybe such a night will still happen but getting a bit late in the season. This time of the year and through to spring I have a really bad haze over the lake that rarely lifts that is really nasty to image through due to all the halos it creates.

Rick

JAICOA
2009-Nov-20, 12:23 PM
Thanks Rick, Very unfortunate if the possibilities exist go for it there is still time :), And if mother nature gives you a break. Clear Skies my friend.

EricFD
2009-Nov-20, 04:18 PM
Very nice one, JAICOA!

It appears that you have captured a Type 2 OLR subclass outer pseudoring. The classification would be as follows:

(R'2)SA(rs)a or (R'2)SA(s)a

It's kind of hard to tell about the region around the central bulge at this resolution, although the negative image helps. Beautiful galaxy! Excellent work!

Eric

Kyle Edwards
2009-Nov-20, 04:32 PM
Very nice indeed. The colors and processing look great.

andyschlei
2009-Nov-20, 05:00 PM
Efrain, very nice image. Great detail in the spiral arms.

JAICOA
2009-Nov-20, 09:10 PM
Hi Eric, Thanks. Thanks also for the great info on the classification.

Thanks Kyle and Andy im glad you liked it also. Clear Skies to All.