PDA

View Full Version : Astronomic events and its impacts on viruses

Achak
2009-Dec-04, 03:27 PM
Salutations to all,

I will make a brief recap since I have not been able to come here for few months.

First let me tell you that english is not my first language.

I work very pro-actively in pandemic preparedness and responses on the international level for six years.

My main concern is the following.

In 1918, we have observe a global genetic changes on the H1N1 virus, known then as the spanish influenza.

This global genetic change of the genetics of the H1N1 virus has happened simultaneously in North America, In Europe, in India and in China duly corroborated for september and october 1918.

The reason of this genetical change can not be a quantity replicative numbers since the virus was preceded by a first wave in the spring of 1918 in some countries.

The sudden genetic change happened simultaniously in late August to October 1918.

If someone knows about any Astronomical events of this particular months please tell me so.

We do not have any epidemiological reasonning nor virological reasonning for this sudden global genetic mutation.

I suspected for almost a year now that this could have been generated by a astronomical change but I have not find a solid reason for this.

Of course I have already noticed that the no sunspots had serious effect on Public Health because of poor Harvest and cold weather in previous centuries
but I still did not find any astronomical events that could generate such a universal genetic change.

I have not foud any geological events that could have triggered this synchrone mutationnal genetical change in the virus nor a climatic one.

After years of studies we have not found any intrisinc virus ability to trigger simutaneously a genetic change that change the overall mortality rates linked to a mutation in the genetic sequence.

The was a Heat wave in 1915-16

There was a solar minimum in 1913

But to witness a sudden mutation or reassortment at the same time all over the world it must be a Global Event since there are no intrinsic abaility of the virus to cause this ubiquitous changes.

So anybody knows about any Cosmic Ray event that flash the earth in september-october 1918?

no-sunspots = lower radiation, in the ionosphere or nearer?

Any Hints and tips will be concretely usefull.

Thank you to all.

Achak alias Snowy Owl

Cougar
2009-Dec-05, 12:27 AM
You might find something here (http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//full/1919JRASC..13...81M/0000081.000.html)....

Achak
2009-Dec-05, 03:26 PM
In June 8th in 1918 up there in the Universe
..something happen...

Title: A Review of Astronomy during 1918
Authors: Miller, A. F.
Journal: Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, Vol. 13, p.81

Quote from page 85

The year 1918 will always be remembered in the annals of astronomy for two remarquable events; the one, predicted long ago, made the subject of refined calculation in every detail, prepared for elaborately, observed and recorded by many trained scientists at pratically the identical moments announced beforehand for every phase of the phenomenon ; the other totally unforseen and unexpected, coming as a surprise to the astronomical world, which it almost startled by its suddenness, yet did not find unprepared, but on the contrary, ready to observe, to record, to investigate every stage of the apparition with instrumental means and with skill not hitherto available.

I am, of course, referring to the total solar eclipse of June 8th, and the ''new star'', more properly termed Nova Aquilae No. 3, wich curiously enough appeard on the same date. I will revert to each of these events in regular course later.

snip

Tough the actual maximum period of solar activity had passed, sun spots have been quite prevalent during 1918. On almost any clear day an observer using even a small aperture, would hardly fail to perceive at least a few sun spots, and from time to time these interesting phenomena were quite numerous, forming zones of groups across the solar disc, individual members of the groups often undergoing remarkable and rapid changes. On several occasions as many as 25 to 30 different spots could be counted, some closely associated, other more widely scattered.
The other usual attendants of solar activity, the faculae and prominences, have also been well in evidence. I regret we have not yet at hand details of the work accomplished and results arrived at durig the year at the great observatories where special attention is given to solar physics...

snip

Page 92

... Before leaving the solar system, we may note that only a few small telescopic comets appeared during 1918.
I referred to the appearance of a conspicuous. Nova in the constellation of Aquila, as one of the two most noteworthy astronomical events of the year.

I already mentionned that by a curious, tough, of course, entirely fortuitous, coincidence, it was first seen (at least by astronomers in America) on the evening of June 8th the day on wich occured the total solar eclipse. Several persons in England, France, and other European countries claim to have seen it earlier, some say June 6th, others June 7th.
However, on a photographic plate of that region of the sky taken at Harvard Observatories on the latter date, it appears as a small star of only the sixth magnitude; so the claims just mentionned could only be reconcile with the undeniable photographic evidence by assuming that the Nova flashed out brieftly and suddenly decline, which would be quite and abnormal and previously unheard of occurence.
However, on June 8th it had increased in brightness enormously, 10,000 times, considerably exceeding the first magnitude, being, in fact, the brightest Nova since Kepler famous star....

http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//...00081.000.html

Achak
2009-Dec-06, 12:01 PM
Can someone tell me how long it took for the gamma-rays on Nova Aquila Brightnes flares to reach the Earth ?

Thank you

slang
2009-Dec-06, 12:22 PM
800 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V603_Aquilae), approximately.

mugaliens
2009-Dec-09, 03:05 AM
This global genetic change of the genetics of the H1N1 virus has happened simultaneously in North America, In Europe, in India and in China duly corroborated for september and october 1918.

It's very unlikely any external influence resulted in the same or similar mutation appears in two different regions.

Far more likely, the mutation was simply carried from one place to another by a carrier.

By the way, H1N1 is a subtype of influenza A, and is the most common cause of flue.

Nearly ever human has contracted H1N1!

The 2009 flu pandemic was caused by a relatively new strain, the H1N1/09, and was of swine origen.

neilzero
2009-Dec-09, 04:10 AM
The gamma rays are expected to arrive the same day as the visable light. Neutrinos from super nova 1986 arrived a day before the visable light, but that was much farther away in the Large Marginalic cloud. Also Novas produce much fewer neutrinos than super nova. Since super novas start in the core of a star but novas occur on the surface of a star, we expect neutrinos from novas to arrive about a day after the visable light. Mainstream opinion is radiation from outside our solar system does not affect the health of living things, nor cause significant mutations. An exception would be an event that delivered hundreds of times more energy than any have delivered in the past 1000 years or so.
Mainstream science has been wrong before, so I suggest that you not give up just because we think there is no connection.
Panspermia is possible, but not considered probable by the mainstream. Genetic engineering of viruses = germ warfare is also possible, but thought to be non-existent in 1918 Neil

Hornblower
2009-Dec-09, 02:54 PM
The gamma rays are expected to arrive the same day as the visable light. Neutrinos from super nova 1986 arrived a day before the visable light, but that was much farther away in the Large Marginalic cloud. Also Novas produce much fewer neutrinos than super nova. Since super novas start in the core of a star but novas occur on the surface of a star, we expect neutrinos from novas to arrive about a day after the visable light. Mainstream opinion is radiation from outside our solar system does not affect the health of living things, nor cause significant mutations. An exception would be an event that delivered hundreds of times more energy than any have delivered in the past 1000 years or so.
Mainstream science has been wrong before, so I suggest that you not give up just because we think there is no connection.
Panspermia is possible, but not considered probable by the mainstream. Genetic engineering of viruses = germ warfare is also possible, but thought to be non-existent in 1918 Neil

The great distance to the Large Magellanic Cloud was not a factor in the delay of the arrival of visible light. The neutrinos did not outrun the light in empty space. They simply penetrated the envelope at or near the speed of light while the energy that eventually generated visible light took a while to force its way out. The lag would have been the same even if the supernova had been closer.