PDA

View Full Version : Best zombie crowd or alien removal new movie prop tool?

showboat
2009-Dec-07, 01:11 AM
Heres my choice.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://uploaded.fresh.co.il/2009/06/16/58005863.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fresh.co.il/vBulletin/showthread.php%3Ft%3D475967&usg=__s5JCNEusiH1XdY4m0Fy_h7gBVOY=&h=600&w=800&sz=142&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=OANGyyCRnDnDYM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAssault%2BBreacher%2BVehicle%2B(ABV)% 26gbv%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&um=1

or if a forum problem just look up

Monster mine-clearing tank goes to work in Afghanistan

as a image on goggle.

tashirosgt
2009-Dec-07, 01:41 AM
It's probably helpful to hollywood that so many military things are taking on an angular appearance. That makes it easier to build imitations of them them out of plywood.

swampyankee
2009-Dec-07, 01:44 AM
I've always found flamethrowers to be handy for this sort of thing when my imagination is particularly fevered.

BigDon
2009-Dec-07, 02:00 AM
Shotgun!

Chuck
2009-Dec-07, 02:10 AM
Suddenly waking up often works.

novaderrik
2009-Dec-07, 03:09 AM
i prefer the "hippie drill (http://www.gamesbarbie.net/games/1248/South-Park-Hippie-Drill.html)" from Southpark.

Nowhere Man
2009-Dec-07, 04:08 AM
Chainsaw gun. If it doesn't exist, it ought to.

Fred

BigDon
2009-Dec-07, 04:15 AM
Chainsaw gun. If it doesn't exist, it ought to.

Fred

Or the Dobie-O-matic.

showboat
2009-Dec-07, 05:18 AM
Dobie-O-matic is the best as a doberman pincher dog.

A doberman will attack without a order if its raised as a puppy as say a ranch.\\And 3 dobermans is the best for a good nights sleep.

BigDon
2009-Dec-07, 05:43 AM
That was an old Farside cartoon Showboat.

We haven't met yet. Howdy.

BigDon
2009-Dec-07, 05:44 AM
Oh sorry, it was a gun that fired dobermans. Shoulder fired weapon.

BigDon
2009-Dec-07, 05:10 PM
With both of them!

Next zombie campaign I want her on my team.

We were discussing the ethic make-up of the next edition of Left 4 Dead while playing a marathon session of Left 4 Dead II. Depending on the city. We got a lot of hilarity out of the potential for New York and Jersey. (Hassidic diamond merchant, Hindu cabbie, big Irishman and Italian princess was the most PC group)

British schoolgirls with vulcans never crossed my mind for some reason. She would have to be an exchange student as a British zombie invasion would largely go unnoticed if the post-soccor match activity is any indication.

BigDon
2009-Dec-07, 05:11 PM
Oh Houston was funny too, I just can't say it here.

korjik
2009-Dec-07, 05:20 PM
Heres my choice.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://uploaded.fresh.co.il/2009/06/16/58005863.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fresh.co.il/vBulletin/showthread.php%3Ft%3D475967&usg=__s5JCNEusiH1XdY4m0Fy_h7gBVOY=&h=600&w=800&sz=142&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=OANGyyCRnDnDYM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAssault%2BBreacher%2BVehicle%2B(ABV)% 26gbv%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&um=1

or if a forum problem just look up

Monster mine-clearing tank goes to work in Afghanistan

as a image on goggle.

Never do tracked vehicles when clearing zombies. They goo up the tracks and if you are not careful, you will throw a track. Sorta like why you never use a double barrel shotgun, good for a little while, then you are zombie food.

korjik
2009-Dec-07, 05:25 PM
Oh Houston was funny too, I just can't say it here.

Why? We would run out of zombies before ammo.

:)

korjik
2009-Dec-07, 05:27 PM
Shotgun!

Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Ecstacy is a belt fed shotgun.

:D

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-07, 05:32 PM
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

You might even get some zombies, too!

BigDon
2009-Dec-07, 05:43 PM
Never do tracked vehicles when clearing zombies. They goo up the tracks and if you are not careful, you will throw a track. Sorta like why you never use a double barrel shotgun, good for a little while, then you are zombie food.

Didn't seem to slow the Chinese at Tiananmen Square.

And I'll disagree about the shotgun too, a double barrel wouldn't be my first choice, but you can make it work. Especially if the alternative is getting eaten alive.

(You hold the reloads between your index and middle fingers and your pinkie and ring finger. Not as awkward as it reads. Plus its a fair bludgeon)

I'm thinking seriously about getting a custom "Black Bart special", a cut down double barrel 10 gauge with a full stock. You don't even have to load it as folks you point it at look down both those subway tunnels and have a heart attack.

While not the best for zombie invasions it works swimmingly for home invasions. Which are terrible. All those homes running around attacking people and eating thier brains.... just awful.

SeanF
2009-Dec-07, 05:44 PM
While not the best for zombie invasions it works swimmingly for home invasions. Which are terrible. All those homes running around attacking people and eating thier brains.... just awful.
I got bit by a house during a full moon once.

It was a warehouse.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-08, 06:32 PM
Didn't seem to slow the Chinese at Tiananmen Square.

And I'll disagree about the shotgun too, a double barrel wouldn't be my first choice, but you can make it work. Especially if the alternative is getting eaten alive.

(You hold the reloads between your index and middle fingers and your pinkie and ring finger. Not as awkward as it reads. Plus its a fair bludgeon)

I'm thinking seriously about getting a custom "Black Bart special", a cut down double barrel 10 gauge with a full stock. You don't even have to load it as folks you point it at look down both those subway tunnels and have a heart attack.

Yes, but a pump-action shotgun or even an automatic shotgun can be quite useful if you're careful to conserve ammunition.

Personally, I'd be running around with a goalie/umpire mask and padded gear. I'm not sure why everyone is so scared of zombie bites, when it's easy enough to armor yourself up so much, zombies will eventually just give up out of frustration. :)

The best vehicle to combat zombies? Depending on your objectives, one of the best ways is to not be there at all. Hell, the Black Hawk helicopters seem best; one man with a minigun or chain gun, two with sniper rifles, and weapons loaded on the helicopter itself. The only real concern is fueling, but just equip the crew with shotguns for closer range, or rifles (hunting rifles can be just as useful) and/or SMGs -- explosives if you want to make some real clearance. Outside of refueling, there's also the problem of ammunition supplies, so you pretty much need a base to operate from.

It also depends on if you're dealing with shambling or running zombies. The former is incredibly easy to avoid, unless you're surprised or caught in strict confines (I'd rather defend an open field than fight from a barricaded house, although in the latter you can at least hope to get some shut eye if you're alone!) The latter is more difficult. However, depending on the "physics" you're dealing with -- Horror Movie logic (i.e., none at all), or rabid human? If a rabid human, you don't just need head shots, which makes things even more easier, but it's more likely you're dealing with a running zombie.

There's lots of factors to consider. Any vehicle needs fuel, though. A ramming vehicle IS best, as it doesn't actually require more ammunition, but it's also limited in that it can only go where a vehicle can (and in a full-out apocalypse scenario, that might not be as many places as you might think)

Swift
2009-Dec-08, 06:38 PM
I got bit by a house during a full moon once.

It was a warehouse.
Warehouse?
There, house. There, castle.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-08, 06:39 PM
Booooo.

BigDon
2009-Dec-08, 07:44 PM
Lupus brings up several good points.

Armor! It's not hard! (pun intended)

I sure as heck would have worn armor in that last one with Ving Rhames. Even if I ended up looking like a refugee from Mad Max.

A general awakening of the dead (Romero-esque) is a lot different than a contageon driven outbreak. Which are different than a plague of body posessing evil spirits. (Got the salt handy?)

Depending on what you're up against other weapons aren't as useless as you may think.

If you can systematically dismember one you can get a better idea of what you are dealing with.

By which I mean that if a severed limb is no longer "active" and a head shot puts them down then the motive impulses are still using the nevous system.

An assault rifle of most types, M-16, AK-47 or AKM hosed chest high into a crowd, should cause paralysing injuries to most of the front ones at least, deeper into the crown with the AK-47.

A burst to the chest would be hard pressed not to break it's back. Mind you it's a "crawler" now, but if it's a case of you just getting the heck out of somewhere it's not your problem.

Vehicle? Horse, not but that I've been on one mind you. But I would learn. And I thought horses only *required* shoes on pavement? The Souix and Crow did alright with unshod horses.

IsaacKuo
2009-Dec-08, 08:14 PM
The best vehicle to combat zombies? Depending on your objectives, one of the best ways is to not be there at all.
Ohio class Trident missile SSBN. You can "not be there at all" and blow 'em away.

korjik
2009-Dec-08, 08:23 PM
You do need to know how strong the zombies are and how smart. If they can just bite through the armour or tear it off, it isnt going to help much.

Other than that, it would be extremely valuable to keep incidental bites from zombifying you.

A mask does seem to be a must if they are likely to get close. Getting zombie in the mouth is waaaay too 'EWWWW' even before any possible contagion.

My brother is a big proponent of a good broadsword for close in work. I cant really disagree that it would have a use as a last ditch.

Weapons should be determined by need. Small round assault rifles dont destroy as much tissue as the larger ones, so something like 5.56 NATO would need to hit bone to disable. Something larger may be able to pulverize enough muscle to disable a zombie. This applies to pistols too. .38 was too small in the Phillipines in the early 1900s, so you may need to make sure you have larger rounds like .45 or 9mm Para. Hollow points would be nasty. I'd avoid a Desert Eagle tho. It would start jamming up after a couple clips, even if you would blow limbs off in one shot. If you have to take out alot of zombies at a time, reliability is a must.

I would take a HMMWV with a .50 cal on a roof pintle. Easy to use, easy to repair, easy to fuel. Just dont get surrounded when stopped.

korjik
2009-Dec-08, 08:25 PM
Ohio class Trident missile SSBN. You can "not be there at all" and blow 'em away.

One of the properties of a Zombie Apocalypse would be that every submarine would have some zombies on board.

HenrikOlsen
2009-Dec-08, 09:32 PM
Get a Pfeifer Zeliska .600 Nitro Express revolver if you're worried about stopping power.
http://www.funis2cool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pfeifer-zeliska-600-nitro-express-revolver-01.jpg not photoshopped.

SeanF
2009-Dec-08, 09:34 PM
It's an eighty-eight Magnum.
It shoots through schools.

IsaacKuo
2009-Dec-08, 09:35 PM
My grandma turned into a zombie once. ONCE.

BigDon
2009-Dec-08, 09:59 PM
Get a Pfeifer Zeliska .600 Nitro Express revolver if you're worried about stopping power.
http://www.funis2cool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pfeifer-zeliska-600-nitro-express-revolver-01.jpg not photoshopped.

You first.

rommel543
2009-Dec-08, 10:13 PM
H&K GMG (Grenade Machine Gun). Fires 340 rpm and holds 32 belted cartridges
http://www.hkd-usa.com/HKWebText/detailProd/2003/131/4/17

A group of zombies wouldn't last that long.

BigDon
2009-Dec-08, 10:36 PM
H&K GMG (Grenade Machine Gun). Fires 340 rpm and holds 32 belted cartridges
http://www.hkd-usa.com/HKWebText/detailProd/2003/131/4/17

A group of zombies wouldn't last that long.

Yeah, but even I don't have one of those.

Maybe one of the Texans...

korjik
2009-Dec-09, 02:29 AM
Yeah, but even I don't have one of those.

Maybe one of the Texans...

US army has the MK19. Approximately the same thing. Problem is the minimum range to arm the grenade.

Why would you want a gopher hunting weapon?

publiusr
2009-Dec-11, 09:16 PM
Fuel Air Explosive--the poor mans nuke.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-11, 09:19 PM
Fuel Air Explosive--the poor mans nuke.

Daisy Cutter?

publiusr
2009-Dec-11, 09:29 PM
Smaller footprint. FAEs are easy to make. Have zombies fill a street with a ruptured gas pipe--the good guys are underground-- and one terminally ill fall guy gives his life with a flick of the bic, a 'la (the original) Halloween 2.

I want to see something a bit different from Zombies. Here's my concept. A researcher goes to the bottom with a Deep Rover type submersible, except its acrylic sphere is actually useful for only a tourist sub. The harsh lights then fall upon a clothered cadaver writhing--working alive with sea lampry/hagfish, and other life forms. No blood at all--none of that Tom Savini nonsense--just white on white flesh. The thing seems to move--but doesn't, at first. Somehow, the lamprye turn and move towards the sphere and attach themselves, as if trying to get in. Then the thing stands up. A ghost crab attacks its orbit as the thing bites down, losing its jaw. it then, as a giant lamprey, latches on the sphere. A crack, then two, and then a red implosion. Floating in the void is a person turned pin-cushion, impaled with thousands of shards, that floats up in camera frame, then gets violently pulled down by a hundred hands. The camera pans up to see the underside of the support ship.

Roll credits

korjik
2009-Dec-11, 09:32 PM
Smaller footprint. FAEs are easy to make. Have zombies fill a street with a ruptured gas pipe--the good guys are underground-- and one terminally ill fall guy gives his life with a flick of the bic, a 'la (the original) Halloween 2.

Underground? Try in the next state maybe.

IsaacKuo
2009-Dec-11, 09:34 PM
FAEs may technically be easy to make, but they're not easy to make work. You need to get the fuel/air mixture just right, or no boom.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-11, 09:35 PM

Why not make the ignition controlled by remote? Sheesh, you guys are so lo-tech.

korjik
2009-Dec-11, 09:41 PM
FAEs may technically be easy to make, but they're not easy to make work. You need to get the fuel/air mixture just right, or no boom.

Yeah, but during the zombie apocalypse, only the people who know how to jury-rig a FAE will survive.

publiusr
2009-Dec-11, 09:43 PM
Easier to come by than a daisy cutter, and having a person sacrifice makes for a better movie than just having somebody have a remote.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-11, 09:45 PM
Easier to come by than a daisy cutter, and having a person sacrifice makes for a better movie than just having somebody have a remote.

That's because movies promote stupidity and lack of forethought. So do zombie games; in Resident Evil 3, why on earth did they have soldiers go onto the GROUND? They had perfectly functioning helicopters, and obviously the funds to afford them! Yet the best they could come up with is "Assault Rifles and Grenades"?

showboat
2009-Dec-17, 01:21 AM
I like the fuel/gas bomb zombie crowd killer.

But in a movie, some scientist must come up with a reason for the zombies.

http://www.physorg.com/news180203376.html

So a zombie plague cause, on very little scientific evidence: but might sound good in a movie plot?

showboat
2009-Dec-18, 11:44 PM

Never go into city sewer tunnels or factory tunnels [steam boiler room is the last place]unless with infrared goggles and have a map[GPS].

Too many zombies and aliens.

Always bite from the back.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 12:00 AM
Here's a question. Why would zombies go into the sewer? I mean, fine, they don't mind the sewage stink, but aren't their targets usually living, and in heavy abundance on the surface? Also, even if they COULD subsist on sewage or rats down there, from what I understand you aren't getting many rats, and the sewage tends to be treated.

showboat
2009-Dec-19, 12:13 AM
Zombies like zombie rats and zombie dobermans dogs.

And don't eat meat but just rot as a individual.

A zombie can't digest meat, and just attack except when the teeth fall out.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 12:15 AM
I mean, it's not even like sewer access is all that easy anyways. It kind of involves crawling or falling down, and usually manholes are covered.

BigDon
2009-Dec-19, 12:33 AM
Daisy Cutter?

Too vague a term nowadays. At least three different Vietnam era weapons systems were called Daisy Cutters. From FAE weapons to simple extended fuse iron bombs.

Most Army and Marine infantrymen from that time called the extented fuse iron bomb* a Daisy Cutter while Airforce types referred to the FAE weapon by that name.

Both would work well on zombies and EFIB's are a lot easier to make (right) with fewer resources.

*The extended fuse iron bomb has a fuse mechanism that sticks out two feet or so from the front of the bomb. This prevents the bomb from burrowing into the ground even slightly prior to detonation. Much more effective against exposed infantry targets than the normal fusing method, plus increases effective blast range without complicated sensors like the radio controled detonation used by artillery.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 12:40 AM
Well, if you want to get technical about it.

If I said I would use a shotgun, you wouldn't be claiming that the term was vague, no matter how many types of shotguns exist. :p

swampyankee
2009-Dec-19, 12:48 AM
This is getting too technical! I rescind my vote for flamethrowers! I want an axe. A battle axe.

Well, maybe a battleaxe that can shoot Greek fire.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 12:51 AM
Yes, but a battleaxe from which era? Which country?

BigDon
2009-Dec-19, 12:53 AM
True, true.

BigDon
2009-Dec-19, 12:54 AM
This is getting too technical! I rescind my vote for flamethrowers! I want an axe. A battle axe.

Well, maybe a battleaxe that can shoot Greek fire.

That's doable.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 12:55 AM
Do you hook it up to a backpack filled with the greek fire, or is it just a temporary one-shot thing?

I can see hollowing out the handle, or putting a collapsable flask on the handle, or even the end of the ax, and jabbing with it.

korjik
2009-Dec-19, 06:50 AM
Why would you want to be in hand to hand combat with burning zombies?

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 07:51 AM
Why WOULDN'T you? Just get an environmental armored suit that's flame retardant. Keeps the heat and the smell out.

In fact, I would recommend this in general.

SkepticJ
2009-Dec-19, 08:59 AM
A large tungsten rod dropped from orbit.

Barring that:

A-10 Thunderbolt II

AC-130 gunship

Cluster bombs

Napalm

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 09:07 AM
Now you're just cheating.

Why an A-10? Aren't those primarily armed to deal with tanks?

SkepticJ
2009-Dec-19, 11:43 AM
Why an A-10? Aren't those primarily armed to deal with tanks?

GAU-8 Avenger

The jet is basically a flying gun.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 11:50 AM
Well, cluster bombs and firebombs are certainly in the right direction. But then you might as well pull out the daisy cutters and tactical nukes. :)

SkepticJ
2009-Dec-19, 11:52 AM
Daisy cutters were already taken, and nukes... doesn't radiation make zombies?

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 12:02 PM
The plot device is entirely arbitrarily. Besides, you're not after the radiation, but the heat and power from the blast itself.

Considering that the same movie that had zombies calling out "braaaains" also ended with nukes destroying the place, I'm cool with that.

Personally, I'd prefer a vehicle that's a little less fuel-heavy. Maybe a nice APC for mowing down zombies, with some fuel stations set up. Something where I don't need a landing pad and jet-grade fuel just to be up in the sky for a few more hours. :)

darkhunter
2009-Dec-19, 12:58 PM
Properly fitted plate armor (suprisingly easy to move in when properly fitted and sized), a shotgun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_USAS-12) to keep them away, a good old-fashioned machete and/or bolo for if they get too close.

Vehicle-wise, I'd just take my truck and take some inspiration from Mad Max:
smooth everthing off and cover the bed (nothing to allow them to grab it and hitch a ride)
NO spikes (see above)
bigger brush guard (protect the radiator)
extra fuel tanks (more range)
beefed up suspension (to keep the ride height)
finish hot-rodding out the engine (it's alread got some power to it, but I need to keep up with the extra weight from the above)

As much as practical, the extra bits would be installed low in the vehicle and the suspension modified to maintain the handling--the key in surviving zombie attacks is mobility so they cannot concentrate their forces and swarm you, and to allow you to get clear and far enough from them to maintain your health with food, drink, and sleep.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-19, 06:17 PM
Properly fitted plate armor

Why go medieval?

You just have to stop them from biting through. You can make effective armor out of those big plastic barrels, and it costs barely anything. Just requires some work to make.

SkepticJ
2009-Dec-20, 12:09 AM
What about an orbital solar-mirror, like out of that really awful James Bond movie?

Sure, you can only fry them for a few minutes each orbit while the zombies are on the Day-side, but what's the rush?

showboat
2009-Dec-20, 12:53 AM
Zombies can be trapped; except if its a family member as if your mom was reanimated.

A old movie but true as such as a movie.

Not so easy as military.

So a reason for a zombie plague.

showboat
2009-Dec-20, 03:01 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091219/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_train_breakdowns;_ylt=A2KIKvMxji1LuSwA3C1vaA8F; _ylu=X3oDMTJvbmtuYjc2BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMjE5L2V1X 3RyYWluX2JyZWFrZG93bnMEcG9zAzUEc2VjA3luX2FydGljbGV fc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0BHNsawMyMDAwdHJhcHBlZGE-

Or the zombie rats could knaw through stuff in a Channel[chunnel] and just flood it: which would hard on the train passengers but not the polticals, a few passengers might make up to the surface in experimental pods for the likeable actors.

darkhunter
2009-Dec-20, 01:15 PM
Why go medieval?

You just have to stop them from biting through. You can make effective armor out of those big plastic barrels, and it costs barely anything. Just requires some work to make.

Going medieval...I want something that will last a while and be definately proof against being bitten.

ok.......I admit it...the Armor is pretty much only for the coolness factor :)

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-20, 06:58 PM
It's also heavy, and not good for lengthy combat without training, I'd think. :p

darkhunter
2009-Dec-20, 08:44 PM
Better fitting and no heavier that what I have to wear during exercises anyway...

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-20, 09:00 PM
Well. With titanium, you could make plate armor with the same strength and a third the weight.

Still, it's not like you can find a suit of platemail suited to you lying on the street. It's much easier to find and convert plastic barrels, though, and it's not like you can bite through them.

HenrikOlsen
2009-Dec-20, 09:03 PM
Why go medieval?

Material of the plate armor wasn't really specified, so go for glass/carbon fiber composites and go at it like a Stormtrooper:)

Or for that matter heavy leather. Unless they gain superhuman strength they wouldn't be able to gnaw through that in the time you'd need to decapitate them with a meat cleaver.

SolusLupus
2009-Dec-20, 09:26 PM
I guess I mostly swear by plastic barrel armor because we use them so much in the SCA. :D

Ronald Brak
2009-Dec-21, 12:17 AM
There is good chain mail available for butchers and meatworkers, although usually only for hands and torso.

(Why am I posting in this thread? I feel dirty as zombies are just stand ins for the foreign "other". Oh well, since I'm hear I'll mention that not all riding horses need to be shod, but they definitely should be shod if they are going to be ridden in an urban environment, particulary if there is going to be any hard riding done.)

swampyankee
2009-Dec-21, 12:59 AM
There is good chain mail available for butchers and meatworkers, although usually only for hands and torso.

(Why am I posting in this thread? I feel dirty as zombies are just stand ins for the foreign "other". Oh well, since I'm hear I'll mention that not all riding horses need to be shod, but they definitely should be shod if they are going to be ridden in an urban environment, particulary if there is going to be any hard riding done.)

What about zombie riding horses?

Ronald Brak
2009-Dec-21, 01:18 AM
What about zombie riding horses?

Zombie riding horses definitely need to be shoe and in fact I recommend hoof boots because the stupid things don't realize when they have been stoned and will ride until their hoof is destroyed, which can end up with them riding in circles. The one advantage of zombie mounts is their ability to continue to show a degree of functioning after suffering heavy damage. One rider is said to have fitted gyroscopes to his zombie mount and rode it when it only had two legs. He changed it's name from "Tonto 23" to "Motorcycle". One thing some new riders find hard to get used to is the zombie horse habit of talking and groaning the word "Chlorophyll!" prior to sinking their yellow teeth into the stem of some unsuspecting plant.