PDA

View Full Version : University of Florida has BA

Humphrey
2004-Feb-20, 11:09 PM
I was bored and looked in our library collections for moon hoax books. Well guess what came up? Bad Astronomy. :-D It seems that my university does have a great head on its shoulders. :-)

Maksutov
2004-Feb-22, 08:55 AM
I was bored and looked in our library collections for moon hoax books. Well guess what came up? Bad Astronomy. :-D It seems that my university does have a great head on its shoulders. :-)

Great! Any record of how many times it has be borrowed?

Humphrey
2004-Feb-22, 07:15 PM
Sorry no. It is a E-Book.

Merat
2004-May-24, 10:49 PM
The University of Georgia library (where I work) also has the book.
In fact, according to WorldCat, 1096 libraries own the book. Way to go, Phil! =D>

One library, Flathead Valley Community College Library, seems to own a VHS of it. Theres a VHS of it? Here is the information about it, according to WorldCat....

Title: Bad Astronomy
Author(s): Plait, Philip C.
Corp Author(s): Skeptics Society.
Publication: Altadena, CA :; Skeptics Society,
Year: 2002
Description: 1 videocassette (112 min.):; sd., col.;; 1/2 in.
Language: English
Abstract: Dr. Philip Plait addresses the most popular astronomical misunderstandings of our age, including: astrology, UFOs, alien abductions, the moon hoax, the moon illusion, standing an egg on end during the vernal equinox, and other astronomical anomalies, such as do all starts look white?

Merat
2004-Jun-03, 11:30 PM
Now that the BA is back from his trip, I'm bumping this to hopefully get an answer. I'm suspecting its a typo, but I want him to know in case he needs to contact them. :D

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Jun-03, 11:55 PM
Michael Shermer of the Skeptics Society (http://www.skeptic.com) invited me to give my Moon Hoax talk in LA a couple of years ago. I assume that's what they have. His HQ is in Altadena, so that fits. I assume that's what it is.

I'd actually like to see it; in the Q&A I was confronted by an HB. But that's another story...

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2004-Jun-04, 03:27 AM
Michael Shermer of the Skeptics Society (http://www.skeptic.com) invited me to give my Moon Hoax talk in LA a couple of years ago. I assume that's what they have. His HQ is in Altadena, so that fits. I assume that's what it is.

I'd actually like to see it; in the Q&A I was confronted by an HB. But that's another story...

Hmmm ...

I think we'd all Love to hear it, right everyone?

Andromeda321
2004-Jun-04, 03:54 AM
Oooo, storytime! Pleeeease? :D :D :D
C'mon, I'm graduating from high school tomorrow, consider it my grad present. :wink: