PDA

View Full Version : TMFT Syndrome.

Fazor
2009-Dec-17, 08:59 PM
It's a horrible disease, and many of us will suffer bouts of it throughout our lives. When children come down with TMFT, the results are often disasterous. You probably know at least one other person with TMFT. I have signs that I may also have it.

I'm of course talking about 'Too much free time'. Often, artists have TMFT. And here's a great example of that: Hand drawn clock (http://idle.slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&type=story&sid=09/12/14/1723257).

It's a small article and video, but for those who don't want to or can't follow the link, an artist made a "clock", consisting of a flat, round screen for the "face", and recorded a video of him drawing, then erasing and redrawing the hands for each minute. It's really cool. It's also really TMFT!

(PS. I was sure I had a free-time thread in OTB before, but I couldn't find it with the search function. Result of the 'Time in title' bug, maybe? Or just my "half-hearted" search attempts.)

SeanF
2009-Dec-17, 09:13 PM
This clock does not actually have a man inside, but a flatscreen that plays a 24-hour loop of this video by the artist watching his own clock somewhere and painstakingly erasing and re-writing each minute.
I suspect not - at least, I hope not. :)

rommel543
2009-Dec-18, 07:32 PM
I think that would bother me being in my house, especially when he just stops for a couple of seconds and looks out....

Now imagine that at 2 am after watching horror movies....

Argos
2009-Dec-18, 07:40 PM
Gives a new meaning the the expression 'Sisyphus work'. Cool, though.

Fazor
2009-Dec-18, 07:50 PM
Gives a new meaning the the expression 'Sisyphus work'. Cool, though.
Heh, I just learned that term this week (or last?) from television. See? Mindless sitcoms or dramas (can't remember what show it was, now) can be educational!

rommel543
2009-Dec-18, 08:23 PM
You've never seen the Red Bull commercial where Sisyphus drinks the Red Bull and manages to push the rock over the hill. That and the Adam and Eve are one of the few that actually amused me.

Fazor
2009-Dec-18, 08:29 PM
You've never seen the Red Bull commercial where Sisyphus drinks the Red Bull and manages to push the rock over the hill. That and the Adam and Eve are one of the few that actually amused me.

No I have not. I find a lot of Red Bull's commercials funny the first time or two. They just get on my nerves because of the frequency at which they tend to be shown.

Donnie B.
2009-Dec-19, 02:32 AM
No I have not. I find a lot of Red Bull's commercials funny the first time or two. They just get on my nerves because of the frequency at which they tend to be shown.
The worst was the one with the Italian (?) mother in the car... *strong urge to strangle a small helpless animal*